Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Angry No longer am I the thread you once knew. I am Bitching and Whining incarnate!

Keep all your belly-aching in this thread. Seriously.

MOD EDIT:
ITT

Last edited by HalfElfDragon; 10-19-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-14-2011, 10:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Last edited by Zaelsino; 05-25-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 AM

World Builder

Runes

Two Gnomes (depending on how you count chromie), a Dwarf, and two humans, versus Mankrik and Darnell up at Sethria's roost?

CLEAR FACTION BIAS!

I DEMAND EQUAL LOWBIE NPCS ELEVATED TO HERO-NESS!

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Eternal

:-( I want to do a UNFAIR joke post using ravenholdt npcs but I'm at work and my iPhone isn't the best tool for hyperlink web-Fu.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Site Staff - Admin

To be fair, I don't think it's so unreasonable that Alliance players have some concerns in Cataclysm.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 AM

Druid of the Talon

I seriously doubt that this will end well.

That said, Blizzard loves dumping on the orcs. They lost their society, they lost their skin color, they lost the trust of their ancestors, they lost most of their population and outliers, they lost their planet, they lost their wars, they lost their importance to the Draenei, they lost their freedom, and most of all, they lost their original artwork.

They're there to be everyone's butt piggy. The same goes for the trolls, but they really don't have much of an animal analog like the orcs do.

So I am now engaged in writing a letter to Chris Metzen asking him not to absolve his company's sins against the collective race, but rather to acknowledge them and work towards a better future for the orcs.

As well as suing Blizzard on behalf of the orcs for one hundred billion dollars.

Now then, important news is important.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:36 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
To be fair, I don't think it's so unreasonable that Alliance players have some concerns in Cataclysm.
I don't disagree. But I do think some members of this forum have a hard time distinguishing between reasonable concerns and unreasonable wailing.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
It's fine for them to have concerns, but so much garbage gets blown out of proportion and never -dropped-

Seriously, this latest thing for Thassarian for example

No one's talking about the awesome dungeon encounter lore, or the implications of some of the wording in there, no one's talking about what happened to Koltira, the Alliance is just bitching because they THINK a character arc was dropped and they have no idea what's going on yet.

Honestly this is one of the times we need a blue in that forum to go "Everything is fine, there is a method to our madness, put down your torch and pitchforks"

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-14-2011, 12:41 PM

Elune

Considering that the stuff is still being datamined, doesn't mean that we have seen the end all be all when it comes to Thassarian and Koltira.

I've always presumed that whatever things Blizz has planned for Sylvanas, and I am sure that they do otherwise they wouldn't be dropping so many damn alussions to that fact, that the fate of Koltira will be explained and I'm leaving it at that. Unless we get to the end of Cata and the loose ends still weren't explained.

Hell, we don't even know enough about the appearance of Thassarian at MH to even say "Yes, Blizz dropped that arc because they hate Alliance". For all we know Thassarian got kidnapped and dumped into MH by Sylvanas. Until we get more information, just sit back and see what happens.

My only concerns have always been about the draenei and worgen lore that seems to be ignored, stagnant and just plain dropped aside when I play Alliance, but then when I play my Horde toons, its goblin and belf lore everywhere. Does it mean that Blizz hates the faction? No.

But that's something that people seem to understand here as well as on the forums in all of the "What happened to the draenei/worgen" threads that constantly pop up.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Keep all your belly-aching in this thread. Seriously.
To Mods: Sticky Please.

Reply with your support for this request if you want it stickied.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
To Mods: Sticky Please.

Reply with your support for this request if you want it stickied.
Stickiness is cleanliness, cleanliness is godliness, so God is sticky...just like your mom.

Lolwut?
Old 05-14-2011, 01:47 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

The influx of official forum posters is creating an influx of faction based whining.

The fact of the matter is, many of us have been on SoL, and fans of the series' lore, before WoW even came out. Hell, a shitload of us don't even play WoW anymore. We look at the lore holistically, lore doesn't belong to either faction.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The influx of official forum posters is creating an influx of faction based whining.

The fact of the matter is, many of us have been on SoL, and fans of the series' lore, before WoW even came out. Hell, a shitload of us don't even play WoW anymore. We look at the lore holistically, lore doesn't belong to either faction.
This sticky is a necessary prophylactic for just those reasons. I expect we will see certain posters exclusively in this thread from now on, since some people literally contribute nothing but faction whining.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

What he said^^

This thread is just the beginning of an endless flamewar.....
Old 05-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

It really doesn't make sense as to why Thassarian is in Hyjal or the fire lands, he should be in Lordaeron doing what ever he should be doing.

But people crying foul over it just dumb.

My only complaint is Darknell yelling "For Lordaeron" though I guess they are just trying to make the Forsaken hypocrisy stand out even more. But he is a joke character so I shouldn't really take it seriously.

Last edited by Erthad; 05-31-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Has anyone actually thought that he might be going there to ask fro future help from the Druids to heal the land in Eastern and Western Plaguelands i mean come on....

Those that moan to me due to there favourite faction not getting what they wanted are missing out in my eyes to the entire Lore because we all have our favourites no matter what but to soley enjoy them wouldnt be to enjoy Warcraft Lore as a whole.

And hating it because of your faction "missing" out is absolutely stupid.

Run
Old 05-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Site Staff - Admin

The problem is if you want this thread to be the dedicated thread to perceived faction imbalance, you're never going to get people that believe it's an issue to post here because of the condescending title.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:15 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The problem is if you want this thread to be the dedicated thread to perceived faction imbalance, you're never going to get people that believe it's an issue to post here because of the condescending title.
I think the title is well deserved.

Because let's face it, a majority of whining and crying about faction imbalance is baseless.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
My only complaint is Darknell yelling "For Lordaeron" though I guess they are just trying to make the Forsaken hypocrisy stand out even more. But he is a joke character so I shouldn't really take it seriously.
Bwut?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post

This thread is just the beginning of an endless flamewar.....
But that's what the people want, and what the people want is what i do.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:04 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthad View Post
I think him yelling "For Lordaeron!" is pretty funny, considering all the whining the Alliance fanboys have been doing over that. It's almost like they're doing an in-game "Fuck you!" to them. And I play Alliance, so yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Has anyone actually thought that he might be going there to ask fro future help from the Druids to heal the land in Eastern and Western Plaguelands i mean come on....
But there are already druids healing the Plaguelands...
Old 05-14-2011, 03:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
I think him yelling "For Lordaeron!" is pretty funny, considering all the whining the Alliance fanboys have been doing over that. It's almost like they're doing an in-game "Fuck you!" to them. And I play Alliance, so yeah...
I figured that is what they are doing. And I think it is because so many Alliance posters bitch about everything.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
I figured that is what they are doing. And I think it is because so many Alliance posters bitch about everything.
Clearly, the appropriate way for Blizzard to address customer complaints is to go "fuck you" and ridicule them. That's a winning business strategy if I ever heard it.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Clearly, the appropriate way for Blizzard to address customer complaints is to go "fuck you" and ridicule them. That's a winning business strategy if I ever heard it.
Well it's certainly working so far. <.<

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 05-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well it's certainly working so far. <.<
Closed Thread