Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

View Poll Results: What should be done with Slowpoke after Halls close?
Let him return (with or without limitations) 34 53.13%
Ban him again 30 46.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
STAHP!!! PLEASE, STAHP! For the love of everything that's still good on this forum, please stahp making that broker record post for the Nth time!!!

I'm sorry about it but I did leave you guys in that "Opening Letter" thread, and I really didn't expect some people(not including you) would give false information, and that's how the end was settled last time. So I felt largely insecure about it.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Your angst is great, young one.
Feast on it, let it satiate you until you reach a level where you too see with open eyes where your actions will steer us. Your hand will doom or save us, the the future of us is in your grasp. Be the fist, not the cowardly sweaty palm.

Quote:
... this is a Warcraft lore forum, guys. Relax. Seriously.
It's a community we have all grown to love. Although in Slowpokes case, he loves it so much it's tied up in his basement.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Feast on it, let it satiate you until you reach a level where you too see with open eyes where your actions will steer us. Your hand will doom or save us, the the future of us is in your grasp. Be the fist, not the cowardly sweaty palm.
Beat the child, and it will grow into rage and hate.

Unlearn your hatred. See the light.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You forgot to kick autistic people today?
It's not Monday. Today is my "run grannies over with the car" routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asafoetida View Post
I'm sorry about it but I did leave you guys in that "Opening Letter" thread, and I really didn't expect some people(not including you) would give false information, and that's how the end was settled last time. So I felt largely insecure about it.
Oh, really?! What false information did I give? Are you denying you circumvented a ban by creating a new account? Are you denying you tried to hide it was you by ignoring people who called you out on your bullshit?

Last edited by Gortrash; 05-23-2013 at 05:53 PM..
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Oh, really?! What false information did I give? Are you denying you circumvented a ban by creating a new account? Are you denying you tried to hide it was you by ignoring people who called you out on your bullshit?
I said you are not included, come on.

And I don't want to bring the whole mess up again, but you think it's needed, I will do it.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 PM

There was no functional way to defend himself because all avenues of communication, official or unofficial, had been cut for him, even if the alt account was made by him. Even Bolvar agreed it was to be expected that he made an alt account. Was anyone hurt? No. Are the Rules and Regs sacred, or are they in place to ensure people get the most out of the forum and enjoy themselves?

You people are crazy.

Anyway, Slowpoke. I ask you stay out of this discussion.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Beat the child, and it will grow into rage and hate.

Unlearn your hatred. See the light.
Rage and hate would be something for him to aspire to, they beat apathy, confusion. He must at some point in his life learn discipline, something he clearly has never once grasped. Actions have consequences, let the child learn life lessons he is clearly without, be not the one to spoil the wretched creature, for he will grow fat, lazy and useless beyond measure. He must learn to assert his willpower over his base desire to run this place into an oblivion of nonsense. Rage and Hate have power, the power to act, the power to do the right thing. Slow isn't the worst creature in this forums history, but he serves no purpose other than a punching bag.

Quote:
It's not Monday. Today is my "run grannies over with the car" routine.

It's pointless to try, to get through... you know this. Which is more to the point why we have had this endless dance in the first place.

Quote:
Good luck with that.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 05-23-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Old 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
There was no functional way to defend himself because all avenues of communication, official or unofficial, had been cut for him, even if the alt account was made by him. Even Bolvar agreed it was to be expected that he made an alt account. Was anyone hurt? No. Are the Rules and Regs sacred, or are they in place to ensure people get the most out of the forum and enjoy themselves?

You people are crazy.

Fine, but if people throw False Information like last time I will throw out the evidence.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Rage and hate would be something for him to aspire to, they beat apathy, confusion. He must at some point in his life learn discipline, something he clearly has never once grasped. Actions have consequences, let the child learn life lessons he is clearly without, be not the one to spoil the wretched creature, for he will grow fat, lazy and useless beyond measure. He must learn to assert his willpower over his base desire to run this place into an oblivion of nonsense. Rage and Hate have power, the power to act, the power to do the right thing. Slow isn't the worst creature in this forums history, but he serves no purpose other than a punching bag.
You're troubled if you seriously live your life that way. I've found more personal discipline in self-restraint and learning to see my rivals as actual people than I ever did in losing my temper and getting into fights. There is more power and unity to be found in kindness than there is in selfish despotism. Just look at family bonds, friendship and idealism, and then look at dictatorships and the damage caused by bullying and sectarian strife.

This issue is a microcosm of some of the problems society currently faces.

Last edited by Timolas; 05-23-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Should I bring the rules up again?

I think it could be necessary because last time, in that "Open Letter" thread, some false information did mislead people.
Slow, I don't like you much. You creep me out. I think you're probably well meaning but you make my skin crawl.

I defended you in the first thread because despite that, it was the right thing. Cantus pulled a trigger he shouldn't have as per his own comments.

You still made a new account. But they let you stay. Now, they are closing your dog pin and you should be out.

Until you screw up. Not because I like you. I don't hate you either. You just creep me out.

But because its the right thing.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post

But because its the right thing.
And this is what it comes down to.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
You're a troubled if you seriously live your life that way. I've found more personal discipline in self-restraint and learning to see my rivals as actual people than I ever did in losing my temper and getting into fights. There is more power and unity to be found in kindness than there is in selfish despotism. Just look at family bonds, friendship and idealism, and then look at dictatorships and the damage caused by bullying and sectarian strife.

This issue is a microcosm of some of the problems society currently faces.
You have me there. I don't. Regardless the point stands. You have three choices, allow him to return without consequence and allow said behaviour to be unpunished for the rest of our forum going lives, no lessons learned. Apply the yoke, leaving us in some sort of awkward middle ground to where we are now and thus only delaying one the the two other results. Lastly just being done with it once and for all. In my real life endeavours I've been a fair and just leader but I've fired those whom have needed to be fired.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
I said you are not included, come on.
Lol, that's the first time I misunderstood you because I misread your post, not because of your broken English. My bad.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Maybe we should list pros and cons of keeping him around, this specific case, not just the big picture. What do you have Timolas, where do you see this going? What has the last few years of observation and countless cyclical conversation taught you.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Still far too much Internet drama for my taste.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Pros: He's active and makes a metric fuck-ton of threads.
Cons: Most of his threads are too niche to go beyond 10 pages and he's completely socially inept to the point that I honestly don't trust him around 90% of the forums.

No seriously, Xilizhra is less of a threat to others because she understands the difference between right and wrong inhibitions and when to seek help. SPK doesn't, and it scares the living shit out of me when it comes to our membership. Come the day SPK lets his obsessions focus on a single member (for whatever reason that is), I have no doubt that a legal injunction will occur regarding his stalking that member. And I also have no doubt that it won't stop him because he has no damn clue about where you draw a line on such behaviors. Does that make me a paranoid fuck, maybe. Should I still assure that this forum remains safe for its membership? Yes.

And now you know why I sought to remove him.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Still far too much Internet drama for my taste.
Exactly. An end to it would be nice.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe we should list pros and cons of keeping him around, this specific case, not just the big picture. What do you have Timolas, where do you see this going? What has the last few years of observation and countless cyclical conversation taught you.
The past few years have taught me that people can be cruel, rude and insulting when their personal beliefs are threatened. People don't change their opinions on online forums unless they go into a discussion with the intention to learn something from collective experience.

The value of Scrolls of Lore lies in what it offers to people. It offered me something incredible. It offered me friendship. It gave me some of the best friends I've ever had and still have. Last summer, the group of friends I'd made here met up in Malta, and we had an amazing time. We remain in touch over Skype every single day and play Pathfinder together on Fridays or Saturdays. Great War is a monument we created together. Etc. You get the idea.

What's more, there were days I used to argue here. I'd argue about politics, religion and Warcraft lore. I'd get angry when people dissed my favourite factions in Warcraft, or disagreed with me. I took it very personally. I'd argue with Nephalim, with Gurtogg Bloodboil, with others whose names I have forgotten. I argued with Bolvar.

What I learned was that Bolvar's religious beliefs have nothing to do with me. They're not an example of who he is as a person. He may believe that Islam is terrible, or that gays are going to hell, or that I'm going to hell. But he doesn't believe these things because he's a bad person. In fact, I stopped discussing politics and religion because I realised he was good, and a good father, and a great man, even if he gets way too much pleasure out of bashing people who share my beliefs. He was a large part of why I stopped arguing on the forums. Because I didn't want to fight him any more, I wanted to focus on what we had in common, out of respect. I only enter a debate if I have a question, and I let people clarify both sides of an issue.

What does this have to do with Slowpokeking? Everything. Think about that for a minute.

What makes you all so passionate that some kid you've never met and has never insulted anyone deserves to be bullied and banished from your midst simply because he has violated some social norms? Harmlessly?

What is it about his posting habits that gets your pants so twisted, and your jimmies so rustled, that you can't use the Ignore feature? I think those of you who take issue with him so passionately show more social fault and defect than he does.

I think that Slowpoke is harmless, and has contributed a lot to this forum. He may not have contributed things of a certain level of quality, but by his presence Scrolls is what it is, because a community is made up by its posters.

I'll tell you what diminishes a community. Division and hatred. And that's all a lot of you have begun to show recently. I'm ashamed of what Scrolls is becoming, not because of people like Slowpoke, but because of those who can't see past basic differences, and show some humility and compassion to their fellow man. That is what I have learned.

Last edited by Timolas; 05-23-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
What makes you all so passionate that some kid you've never met and has never insulted anyone deserves to be bullied and banished from your midst simply because he has violates some social norms? Harmlessly?
It's straight up ''playground bully logic''. Look, let's make fun of him because he's uh, creepy. Dohohohohohoho.

And Bolvar, a good man? Are you serious with that Tim?

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 05-23-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM

I remember during the hype about Guild Wars 2, Slowpokeking was kind enough to send me a pdf of the Ghost of Ascalon novel, just generally being helpful. He's also sent me lots of other books, just to be nice. He's done more for community and good-will than most of you present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post

And Bolvar, a good man? Are you serious with that Tim?
... I didn't say he couldn't do with some polish.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Exactly. An end to it would be nice.
While you seek closure by removing the catalyst to this drama, I just want the drama to be done with. I'm not voting. I really don't care enough to be asked.

Vote to boot him and deal with the consequences, or vote to let him stay and do the same.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Wait Tim, you're a gay Muslim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Wait Tim, you're a gay Muslim?
I laughed. No. But that's what airport guards probably think every time they see my beard and handsome looks and give me a pat-down.

But I'm friends with gays and Muslims. There are other things Bolvar disagrees with me with which I find more personally offensive... like 'liberals are weak' bullshit.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
I remember during the hype about Guild Wars 2, Slowpokeking was kind enough to send me a pdf of the Ghost of Ascalon novel, just generally being helpful. He's also sent me lots of other books, just to be nice. He's done more for community and good-will than most of you present
I also played GW with him and he was a very nice guy there. But nah, let's treat him like an idiot because we are internet tough guys.