Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 11-13-2017, 08:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Panda

Old 11-13-2017, 11:05 AM

Echo of the Past

Ick, am I the only one uncomfortable with how the ONLY woman who prepared for rain (i.e. the white woman, incidentally) is depicted as being in the wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 25:1-13
1 At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."
That picture has one wise woman and five foolish girls, right? But notice the perversion: this wise woman isn't in the wedding banquet celebrating, and the five foolish girls aren't shouting in despair from outside the gate. They all look tense, uncomfortable. The foolish girls look bitter.

And you realize, there isn't even a gate. There isn't even a bride-groom. Hmm... the pieces are coming together now, aren't they? Atheistic communism.

The wise woman has become the "have", and the fools have become the "have-nots". They are going to kill that clean, dry, white woman so they can take her umbrella. And the picture implies they are in the right for doing so. There is no God and no heaven. The ones who work hard and prepare themselves are punished so that the lazy and drawn-with-breasts can seize the fruits of their efforts. And that's their idea of utopia.

Shameful.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 11-13-2017 at 11:14 AM..
Old 11-13-2017, 01:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle
Ick, am I the only one uncomfortable with how the ONLY woman who prepared for rain (i.e. the white woman, incidentally) is depicted as being in the wrong here?
Welcome to white feminism, where you're always wrong in the eyes of those who complain on their tumblr soapbox but never bother with picking up their phone and calling Congress.

Tags
fun and games, serious business