Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-04-2017, 02:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Some form of user-generated content. The playerbase consumers content faster than Blizz can make it. They should offload some of that onto us.
Nude body models for all female races on launch day, +jiggle physics day 2, "Wangs of Warcraft" released by end of week 1, Full sex animation mods on loverslab on week 2, Macho Man Murloc Savage mod by week 3, 4K Realism graphics by month 2... Four months go by, Dalaran is now the Death Star, the Overwatch theme plays over every battle, the battle pet system is now literally pokemon, The moon is now Metzen's face, Deathwing is everybody's mount, RP realms have gone so far as to secede from Warcraft entirely and is now a fully modded LOTR world, every female npc have breasts twice the size of their heads, and my game crashes within 2 minutes of entering a city
Old 08-04-2017, 10:46 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Nude body models for all female races on launch day, +jiggle physics day 2, "Wangs of Warcraft" released by end of week 1, Full sex animation mods on loverslab on week 2, Macho Man Murloc Savage mod by week 3, 4K Realism graphics by month 2... Four months go by, Dalaran is now the Death Star, the Overwatch theme plays over every battle, the battle pet system is now literally pokemon, The moon is now Metzen's face, Deathwing is everybody's mount, RP realms have gone so far as to secede from Warcraft entirely and is now a fully modded LOTR world, every female npc have breasts twice the size of their heads, and my game crashes within 2 minutes of entering a city
Sadly, this is pretty much how it would go. During the initial testing for the Dance Studio, the very first thing the play testers did was to make it look like the characters were having sex, leading it to be put on hold.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

Quote:
Patch 8.1: The Curse of Goldshire Inn
Old 08-04-2017, 01:10 PM

Problemsolver

World of Warcraft meets Leisure Suit Larry?

I'd play it.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:12 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
World of Warcraft meets Leisure Suit Larry?

I'd play it.
*quietly*Me too...
Old 08-10-2017, 01:36 PM

Huntress

Besides those that have been posted:

Racial Order Halls and campaigns, perhaps leading to the unlocking of sub-races as they progress

Playable Ogres, was hopping of these in WoD tbh
Old 09-03-2017, 09:20 PM

Glaive Thrower

Panda

I'd like them to fuse Garrison/Shipyard/Class Hall missions with World Quests using boats. You can do them or your crew can do them.

I'd like a lot of boat content in general. Treasure hunting above and below water, fishing, world bosses, PVP. Lots of customization and upgrades too.

It'd be nice to be able to recruit a bunch of people too like chefs, reagent vendors, daily questgivers.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:35 PM

Eternal

It's possible that the Vindicaar is a test to future player ships, I think.

Different island zones would each have your ship in a bay or something.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:53 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I am 99.9% sure that is the case with the Vindicaar.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:13 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoy View Post
I'd like them to fuse Garrison/Shipyard/Class Hall missions with World Quests using boats. You can do them or your crew can do them.

I'd like a lot of boat content in general. Treasure hunting above and below water, fishing, world bosses, PVP. Lots of customization and upgrades too.

It'd be nice to be able to recruit a bunch of people too like chefs, reagent vendors, daily questgivers.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:52 AM

Sha of Disappointment

- Flight on max level. Since that's not going to happen i propose two alternatives i could live with:
A.) Pathfinder on Launch
or
B.) something else that's actually fun as replacement. Not like the shitty Argus spawn points (weren't there supposed to be more than two or three per island?). Something like the lizard form on the Thunder Isle, or Water Legs. An expansionwide jumper jet pack. Something like that. If the zones are designed for it (as Legion seems to have been, sans Argus), No Flight at least doesn't fuck with questing, but it still takes all the fun out of it and exploration.

- I'd quite like to see the Garrison return, with the follower system replaced with the Order Hall champions (basically a stripped down, less mandatory version of Followers). Also: don't limit people to choices, let us grind out enough plots for all buildings if we so choose. (I'm fine if it'd take a while.) The base-building aspect of the Garrison was the only good part in WoD (aside from Gladiator Stance, which they removed) and i'm a bit baffled that they removed it.

- Speaking of: gief back Gladi Stance.
Alternatively gief glyph for Fury that visually turns the offhand weapon into a shield. Also: same glyph for mainhand. Basically gief Double Shielding.

- Open up all classes to all races. By the time you get Nightelf Mages it really doesn't matter anymore lorewise. (gief Tauren Demon Hunter and Draenei Rogues!)

- Classic Azeroth and original dungeon versions for the Caverns of Time.

- Player Housing.

- Free character boosts, at least to lvl 60. Stick a "must have ten characters above level 60" or something on it but the lack of such a feature (without paying the price of a full price Triple A title) is an embarassement for a sub game. Speaking of - free services in general. If a race change was like 5 bucks i wouldn't mind as much but come on.

- Expand the heirloom system to either include Boots and Gloves or let us transmogrify the actual slot, not the item, so that my leveling alts don't need to visit the transmo toilet paper guy every five levels. (Alternatively: reduce the price of the transmo yak already.)

- It's been 12 years, PLEASE let us invite our own alts into our solo guilds.

- I would quite like my own ship. Maybe bake that into the Garrison system. And don't make it a space ship. I LOVE space ships, but Warcraft's space ships look terrible. Maybe an airship? Though that'd leave me with the ugly Horde version...

- Alliance Tauren.

- Third Profession Slot.

- Bring back Dual Spec.

- Gamon Hero Class.

- Tinker Hero Class.

- Don't make Jaina evil.

- New Races. I still say Jaina's womb would make for a great starting area for Alliance blue dragonkin. Also Naga. Give me some good guy Naga already.

- A giant rideable warturtle. Preferably one that isn't locked behind pvp.

- Bring back Daily Quest hubs. Axe World Quests.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:16 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Just the usual
- Naga as a new race
Literally the only thing I care about.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:26 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
- Bring back Dual Spec.
No. Switching freely between specs is like the best thing they did in Legion.

Also yak price is fine. It takes like 2-3 days of actual effort if that to make 120k.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:43 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
No. Switching freely between specs is like the best thing they did in Legion.

Also yak price is fine. It takes like 2-3 days of actual effort if that to make 120k.
Wait, I thought they made it cost MORE to switch specs?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
- Speaking of: gief back Gladi Stance.
Alternatively gief glyph for Fury that visually turns the offhand weapon into a shield. Also: same glyph for mainhand. Basically gief Double Shielding.
You can sorta dual-wield shields with an artifact skin of Vengeance DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Wait, I thought they made it cost MORE to switch specs?
No, it's free.

Last edited by Krainz; 09-06-2017 at 09:48 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 10:36 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Ahh, the fabled Chad skin.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:58 PM

Eternal

- World Quests are absolutely awesome and vastly superior to daily quest hubs. Keep them forever and expand them to everywhere.

- The free spec change at will is amazing and must never go away. The previous model is inferior in every conceivable way.

- Dual wielding shields is indeed awesome.

- I agree to make the slot, and not the item, transmoggable.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:13 AM

Sha of Disappointment

The problem with the current system is not being able to save presets and not being able to switch your talents at any time unless you carry excessive amounts of those book thingies with you. With Dual Spec i would usually have two different Def Specs on my main (Solo Prot vs Tanking Prot). Keep the idea of switching between specs at will and re-add presets that we can swap at any time without gimmick items or "Rested" areas. The current system discourages switching talents.

Also bring back talent trees.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:17 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
The problem with the current system is not being able to save presets and not being able to switch your talents at any time unless you carry excessive amounts of those book thingies with you. With Dual Spec i would usually have two different Def Specs on my main (Solo Prot vs Tanking Prot). Keep the idea of switching between specs at will and re-add presets that we can swap at any time without gimmick items or "Rested" areas. The current system discourages switching talents.
That's the same as saying that encouraging professions is a bad game decision.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:58 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I was thinking more like user-made dungeons and quests like City of Heroes' architect system. Worst case scenario someone will place a few doodads that look like dicks.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I was thinking more like user-made dungeons and quests like City of Heroes' architect system. Worst case scenario someone will place a few doodads that look like dicks.
I've once imagined a "Personal Fortress" system that would be kinda like that.

Basically, you get a currency while playing the game. You use that currency to first buy a standard fortress, then to expand it and populate it with monsters/treasure. Once you have done enough, you make your fortress public, and groups of players can enter it (via queue in a Interface akin to the Starcraft 2 Arcade) and, if they make it to the treasury, they get some rewards of some kind. Players can then rate your fortress, and the higher ratings mean you get more resources to improve it and it gets more visibility. You can have multiple fortresses, as long as you buy each base template and upgrade it separately.

Really doubt they'd do that, but who knows?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Yeah, I feel like what we're rubbing up against here is the conflict between Blizzard's desire to have everything you do in their games have their stamp of quality on it vs. letting players play with the world.

What's weird is that you've got stuff like the custom lobbies in Overwatch, and the Arcade in SC2, not to mention everything that came out of the modding scenes for WC3/SC. So it's not like Blizzard hasn't given that kind of control to players in the past.

So for WoW, it may just be a function of not wanting to invest in developing the tools for players to use, or having concerns about instance servers exploding under the strain of "Stormwind College RP dungeons."

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:04 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Yeah, I feel like what we're rubbing up against here is the conflict between Blizzard's desire to have everything you do in their games have their stamp of quality on it vs. letting players play with the world.

What's weird is that you've got stuff like the custom lobbies in Overwatch, and the Arcade in SC2, not to mention everything that came out of the modding scenes for WC3/SC. So it's not like Blizzard hasn't given that kind of control to players in the past.

So for WoW, it may just be a function of not wanting to invest in developing the tools for players to use, or having concerns about instance servers exploding under the strain of "Stormwind College RP dungeons."
I have to say, it's an interesting idea, and in many ways it feels kind of like a logical continuation of the trend of features like the garrison and class halls, but actual dungeon design seems like the type of feature that'd be a heck of a lot more involved. And yeah, I don't really see Blizzard developing a set of tools so that players can go and make their own WoW content/dungeons.

I could see them going a little bit into that direction, mind you, with a sort of continuation of what we've already seen them do with the aforementioned garrison and class halls.

Suppose we've got an expansion where once again, the main vector for the story is in the faction conflict. In recognition of their past deeds, the player character is once again given a position of moderate importance and a number of soldiers and resources and their disposal, à la garrison. Unlike in WoD, however, the player character is also tasked with creating their own missions.

So you'd have first tier of missions wherein you'd task your followers to secure various objectives in the way of minions, resources and locations. Succeeding at these basic missions would net you various resources (ie. Securing a mine gets you a bunch of metal. Securing a strategic camp gets you soldiers. etc.). You could then use these resources, locations and minions and task a follower to lead them.

For example: You and your followers have acquired a number of resources from your various forays, but you really want to make progress in Stranglethorn Vale. So you task Rehgar with reinforcing a mine rich with [metal] which you've recently seized. You give him some wolf riders, as well as some ritual stones you picked up along the way.

For as long as you control said location, it provides you with some benefit (gold, follower items, crafting ingredients, etc.). It lasts [period of time], or until another player character from the opposite faction successfully sends a bunch of his followers to loosen your grip on the area. These types of missions would take a while, so you'd still benefit from whatever it grants you for a time.

Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:42 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Blizzard

My own fanwank concept for the next expansion.

World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness

Ten years have passed since the Legion's defeat at Antorus, and Sargeras' imprisonment at the hands of Illidan Stormrage. The defenders of Azeroth have returned from Argus to find a world assaulted by the forces of the Old Gods and Azshara. Once more, the fate of Azeroth hangs in the balance as the Pillars of Creation have again disappeared into the hands of the mortal enemies of the world.

Expansion features!
Level cap – Battle to level 120!

New specs for all classes (but Druids)! Experience new and exciting ways to play along with ...

Warrior – Gladiator (Shield DPS)

Rogue – Warden (Leather tank)

Hunter – Dark Ranger (Void DPS)

Mage – Chronomancer (Arcane Healing)

Paladin – Templar (Disc like spec for Paladins)

Warlock – Harbinger (Demon Tanking)

Death Knight – Necromancer (Ranged DPS)

Demon Hunter – Felbroken (Ranged DPS) use fel corrupted Legion weapons; bows, guns to inflict pain on your enemy

Priest – Heretical (Light DPS)

Shaman – Stonewarden (Earth Tanking)

Monk: Avatar (DPS/Tank spec – Empowerd by the Four Celestials!)

Revamped talent trees!

New weapon types! Pistols, flails and elemental weapons!

Three new playable races!

-Alliance: High Elves
Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Priest, Druid, Death Knight, Monk, Hunter and Rogue

-Horde: Ogres
Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Warlock, Mage, Monk, Death Knight and Priest

-Neutral: Ethereal
Classes: Warrior, Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Mage and Warlock

New Race/Class combinations
Humans: Druid

Night Elves: Paladin

Worgen: Paladin and Monk

Draenei: Rogue and Demon Hunter

Orcs: Priest and Demon Hunter

Tauren: Mage

Blood Elf: Druid

Goblin: Monk

Pandaren: Death Knight (Why not? Already had a Pandaren DK follower, plus not too far fetched for those unlucky wanderers to get snatched up during Arthas' reign.)

More customization options for Races! Including subraces!

-Nationalities for Humans

-Wildhammer and Dark Iron for Dwarves

-Krokul and Lightforged for Draenei

-Highborne Night Elves

-Bloodfang Worgen under Ivar have come out of the shadows to fight the Forsaken incursions! Afflicted Night Elves as well!

-Clans for Orcs!

-Taunka and Highmountain have joined with their Tauren bretheren!

-Troll tribes united!

-More races for Undead; such as undead High Elves!

-Goblin cartel choices!

-Nightborne for Blood Elves

Build, customize and pilot your Warship! Warships do in fact work like a softcore Garrison/Order hall. The technology in use is similar to the Vindicaar.

Note: The South Seas in the expansion are not however instanced and very much open world. There is no flying meta and can be purchased at level 120! South Seas Navigation license!

Faction Storylines!

Continuation of Class Campaigns!

Explore the forgotten lands of the South Sea!
New Zones:

K'aresh – Level 1-12 starting experience for Ethereal. Like Pandaren, at level 12 they can chose to join the Alliance or Horde.

Stonemaul Gauntlets: Reworked Dustswallow with new areas for the Ogre starting experience!

Evergale Isles: High Elf starting experience!

Level 110-120 Zones work like the zones in Legion. Level scalling technology ect ect. The zones include -

-Kul'Tiras (Alliance only): The fabled martime human nation of Kul Tiras and home to the (in)famous Jaina Proudmoore. Lately, things have been getting crazy as the island nation has become embroiled in political intrigue.

-Kezan(Horde Only): Divided and engulfed in a war between all the cartels since Deathwing's wake! Explore the homeland of the Goblin race!

-Zandalar: Home of all the Troll Tribes, ruled by the Zandalari Tribe. The island however is in peril, as the Cataclysm left much of the island sundered and in threat of sinking.

-Zin'Azshari: Ancient capital of the Night Elf empire. Seat of Azshara. Underwater, Vashjir like zone

-Balor: Island plagued by the begotten Stormreaver, and a major Legion presence exists on the island. Undead and spirits of the islands former inhabitants roam the island in search of solace. Very much an echo of the second war. Like Tol Barad.

-Tel'abim: Resource rich island, home to the (in)famous Tel'abim bananas. PvP endgame zone, akin to AV and Ashran ...But hopefully better!

-Plunder Isle: Home of the Bloodsail and neutral capital of the expansion!

-Dragon Isles: End game zone like Suramar of the expansion! Ancient, shrouded island, special to the dragon flights, but also to another evil.

Last edited by Melorandor; 09-15-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Old 09-15-2017, 11:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Your post pretty much reads like my wishlist.

If I were giving Mages a fourth spec, I'd go with Storm Mage that does Nature damage. Like an Electromage from Skyrim. That would fit in better with Tauren Mages I think.

Also I'd add Tauren and Draenei Rogues.

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 09-15-2017 at 11:36 AM..

Tags
expac, world of warcraft