Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 11-02-2017, 03:20 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Orb of Lightning The little lights... They aren't twinkling, Bolvar. Christmas Avatar Roulette Is Back

Here's the drill: You answer the questionnaire publicly. I reset your avatar AND signature sometime around Thanksgiving. You keep it, whether you like it or not, until New Year's Day. No, I'm not keeping a copy of your old one. That's on you.

Cut and paste the questions into your reply, along with your answers. Then let the magic happen.

1. Who is the greatest Christmas movie villain of all time?

2. The answer to #1 is clearly Hans Gruber. Pick someone else. Then tell me which Christmas movie hero, besides John McClane, you pick to get you out of the Nakatomi building alive.

3. The answer to #2 is clearly Howard Langston. PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN and pick another. Then tell me which Christmas movie features the hottest love interest of all time.

4. The answer to #3 is clearly the lingerie saleswoman in Christmas Vacation. Look, Russ... you can't see the line. Now pick another. Then tell me the best cameo appearance made in any Christmas movie (meaning, the character has less than 5 minutes of total screen time).

5. The answer to #4 is clearly Donald Trump. Pick another one. Yes, I know it's a difficult question - do some homework already. Then tell me the greatest holiday food featured in any Christmas movie.

6. It's not Howard Langston's cookie. Put it down anyway. Pick another. That's it. You're done.

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

Last edited by Shaman; 11-16-2017 at 10:21 AM..
Old 11-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

1. The Penguin

2. Max Shreck. James Gordon.

3. Dr Steve Finch. Selina Kyle.

4. Tia Hall. Batman.

5. Bruce Wayne. Christmas Turkey.

6. White Russian.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:30 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Didn't see that coming...
Old 11-04-2017, 12:29 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Here's the drill: You answer the questionnaire publicly. I reset your avatar AND signature sometime around Thanksgiving. You keep it, whether you like it or not, until New Year's Day. No, I'm not keeping a copy of your old one. That's on you.

Quote:
Hans Gru-

Quote:
2. The answer to #1 is clearly Hans Gruber. Pick someone else. Then tell me which Christmas movie hero, besides John McClane, you pick to get you out of the Nakatomi building alive.
Damnit!

Um. The burglars from Home Alone? Given how much physical abuse they could handle, I'm fairly certain they're effectively invulnerable.

Also, Santa Clause, if only based off of this comic strip (second page).

Quote:
3. The answer to #2 is clearly Howard Langston. PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN and pick another. Then tell me which Christmas movie features the hottest love interest of all time.
Tricky... Charleze Theron from Reindeer Games?

Quote:
4. The answer to #3 is clearly the lingerie saleswoman in Christmas Vacation. Look, Russ... you can't see the line. Now pick another. Then tell me the best cameo appearance made in any Christmas movie (meaning, the character has less than 5 minutes of total screen time).
Jeez, not the type of thing I notice... The Wu-Tang Klan in the Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas movie?

Quote:
5. The answer to #4 is clearly Donald Trump. Pick another one. Yes, I know it's a difficult question - do some homework already. Then tell me the greatest holiday food featured in any Christmas movie.
For the purpose of this answer, I'm counting the yule log channel as a movie, and I'm going to say the yule log cake from which it gets its name.

Quote:
6. It's not Howard Langston's cookie. Put it down anyway. Pick another. That's it. You're done.
Oh balls, there's a second one? Uhhh... The jello from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:32 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Hans Gruber. *goes on to answer question 2* No? Alright, how about those Gremlins?

Quote:
Arnold in that movie where h- *glances as question 3* God damn you, Bolvar. Okay... Billy Bob's Bad Santa? I'm sure he could drunkedly bum-rush any opponent we may encounter.

Quote:
Zooey Dechanel's character in Elf! And I don't need to look at question 4, Bolvar obviously went with some 80's gal.

Quote:
Feeling sort of in sync with what Bolvar's been doing so far, I'll rule out Trump as an answer already... *glace at 5* Alright, okay, how about going with the Gremlins again? Hulk Hogan makes an appearance in one of those flicks.

Quote:
I know any given Swedish Christmas movie features one or more types of schnaps. It may not be food, but it can serve as sustainance I'm sure.

Quote:
Nah, I'll stick with the schnaps, thank you.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:24 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

The entries thus far are brilliant.

Bolvar is pleased.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

And then I realized that I knew no Christmas movies and would be left deprived of Bolvar's seasonal love.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:03 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
And then I realized that I knew no Christmas movies and would be left deprived of Bolvar's seasonal love.
You could literally search YouTube for answers to this survey in under five minutes.

Make an effort, slacker.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:

Cut and paste the questions into your reply, along with your answers. Then let the magic happen.

The Mouse King.

Quote:
Yukon Cornelius.

Quote:
Frosty's Winter Wonderland.

Quote:
Ralphie's actor, in Elf.

Quote:
The goose that Scrooge buys for the Cratchits. But from the Mickey Mouse version, because it's extra disturbing when Scrooge McDuck presents a goose.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:34 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I had to google a few of my answers, so I'll not accept any excuses.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:04 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

With a little help from my friend, Google:

1. The Angry Elf! (Cause Snape is forbidden.)
2. Gizmo, cause he doesn't weight much.
3. Zooey Dechanel's character in Elf. Both Annie and this page say so!
4. That chipmunk looking guy in Elf?
5. Home Alone 2? Google's opinion was wrong, so I'm kinda helpless here!
Old 11-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:

1) Sauron

2) James Bond

3) No idea. Ask Slowpoke.

4) Good question.

5) Very good question.

Can't wait to get muh new avatar.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:08 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda

I don't really like most christmas movies, since i don't like christmas, so i'll see this as a challenge!

Quote:
The Krampus. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3850590/)

Quote:
Iron Man. Duh. (IM 3 takes place over christmas, it counts!)

Quote:
Can i cheat and say Iron Man 2? No? Fine... uh.....uff....
i need a list of christmas movies...

Gremlins, i guess?

Quote:
Godzilla in his second american remake? ... not a christmas movie? Fine... honestly, no idea. Not a one. Damnit. I'll have to do research when i get home. Unless we count ScarJo's ca... WAIT I GOT IT!
BRUCE BANNER in the post credits scene of Iron Man 3! BOOM!

Quote:
'least this one's easy - it's Pizza. It's always Pizza. The oozier the better.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:48 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Hans Gruber obviously, but lets also throw out The Gremlins (Well shit someone else already put that...) or Oogie Boogie

Frank Cross

Oh Jeez... I dunno. I'll steal someone elses, Zooey Dechanel

The FBI's attempts to ban "It's a Wonderful Life" after they sensibly deemed it unamerican Communist propaganda.

A bottle of whiskey with a depressed character alone at the bar.

The best Christmas cookie is clearly the shortbread's with candied cherries in the middle my mom used to make when I was a kid.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:55 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

*Bump*

One week to go. Entries must be received by Thanksgiving to qualify.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:57 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Last call. Entries will be officially closed at midnight PST.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ebenezer Scrooge. Despite your Hans Grubber bullshit, this man was so evil his name is synonymous with the death of Christmas cheer.

Get good, son.

Quote:
Then tell me which Christmas movie hero, besides John McClane, you pick to get you out of the Nakatomi building alive.

Fuck you, it counts.

Quote:
Then tell me which Christmas movie features the hottest love interest of all time.
I admit, I was young, but the cat suit..

Quote:
Then tell me the best cameo appearance made in any Christmas movie
Peter Billingsley in Elf.

That's Ralphie, you bitches.

Quote:
Then tell me the greatest holiday food featured in any Christmas movie.
Judy the Elf's hot cocoa

Like it's even a fucking question.

Pleb.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:07 AM

Problemsolver

Worst avatar roulette ever.