Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-05-2018, 06:27 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm certain now, and had been mostly certain before the announcement, that Tidesages are supposed to be shaman. There's the fact that the scrolls detailing the origin of the tidesages is almost identical to how draenei learned to be shaman, those anchor vases they use which are called totems in the game files, there's a Horde quest where you're warned that tidesages are masters of earth, wind and fire magic as well as water, and in 8.1 there's a boss which consists of two tidesages summoning a giant earth elemental.
It’s a pity they wear cloth gear. Very much like the Shadowmoon set being cloth. Outside of tier sets shaman get precious little gear that actually looks good to.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:24 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Nah it's going to be these guys

Oh yeah, I remember seeing those little guys during the presentation. Close up, they look really cool. Was your post sarcastic, or is there a real chance they'll be playable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Tina Wang: From an art point of view, we put several ambient elements in place to make this war spirit feel more real.

JF: We're talking about vessels exploring the skies, cities catching on fire, or the Horde piloting a huge Iron Star towards the gates of Boralus to blow the city's fortifications away.

JF: We're talking about vessels exploring the skies, cities catching on fire

CITIES CATCHING  N FIRE

YES
I still have this strong feeling that Blizzard is going to destroy all the capital cities except Stormwind and Orgrimmar. I wonder if this is what he's hinting at?

Last edited by Mungo; 11-05-2018 at 08:26 AM..
Old 11-05-2018, 11:22 AM

Eternal

On Tol Barad:

Quote:
Following the Second War,[9] what remained of the blackened, derelict battlements was left to languish until the wizards of Kul Tiras claimed the isle for a new purpose. Towering walls were again stacked high from the war-scarred stones, but in their cleverness, the arcanists turned the citadel’s defenses inward, designing a mystical prison to hold the most powerful criminals.
Wizards of Kul Tiras.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Old 11-05-2018, 02:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

we are getting thrall back and saurfang is searching for him.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-06-2018, 03:34 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post

Oh yeah, I remember seeing those little guys during the presentation. Close up, they look really cool. Was your post sarcastic, or is there a real chance they'll be playable?
That's a gilgoblin, and they've been around since Cata. They haven't really been shown to have much depth as a race (pun not intended), so personally I highly doubt they'll be playable.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 11-06-2018 at 03:37 AM..
Old 11-06-2018, 06:12 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
That's a gilgoblin, and they've been around since Cata. They haven't really been shown to have much depth as a race (pun not intended), so personally I highly doubt they'll be playable.
Yeah, I’d rather have Vulpera. But, I’ll acknowledge the possibility of Blizzard fleshing them out and making them appealing.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Imo. we won't see an new Allied Races before the end of BFA.

As for Vulpera:

Afaik they are seen as a likely candidate, because their models are just too flashed out to be only normal NPCs?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Imo. we won't see an new Allied Races before the end of BFA.

As for Vulpera:

Afaik they are seen as a likely candidate, because their models are just too flashed out to be only normal NPCs?
I’m pretty sure we will see at least two more pairs of allied races. Allied races are a main feature of BfA and will get more additions. I don’t see the system being used often after BfA, thought.

And vulpera model has too much quality and customization to not become playable. It’s like when Lightforged draenei appeared and people refused to believe they’d become player options just because Blizzard dismissed it as “we just wanted to dhow a different kind of draenei”.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-06-2018, 07:30 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Yeah, I can recall fighting them in a few quests in Cata(those were green though). That's a shame too, I really like the blue color and he seems to have a meaner look then regular goblins.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:04 AM

Arch-Druid

So are all these little cinematic vignettes going to be about Saurfang? If so, I have no complaints.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:01 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Do you guys think BFA is a retelling of WC3 and Xal'atath is Frostmourne or BFA is a retelling of WC2 and Xal'atath is the Scepter of Sargeras?

EDIT:

“As creators of the story, there's more than paying attention to what the community thinks of the story you're telling and what is effective and what isn't, what resonates emotionally. I think - Alex Afrasiabi, our creative director, has spoken on this a number of times in the last couple months and a part of telling a story involves invoking emotional highs and lows and there are some things that are deliberately meant to be a little bit frustrating - a little bit upsetting to some.”

http://reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9us...con_interview/

Last edited by Krainz; 11-06-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Old 11-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Blizzard

We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:
  • Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:02 PM

Elune

I imagine some people are gonna be unhappy about no warlocks for Zandalari but the mages being for KTs is nice.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I imagine some people are gonna be unhappy about no warlocks for Zandalari but the mages being for KTs is nice.
Yeah there is already lots of QQ on the official forums with people posting this Wowpedia Link.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
Old 11-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Troubadour

Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 PM

Arch-Druid

I have no horse in this race as I have no intention of playing Zandalari, but I find it hard to believe that such an ancient and historied race has had no experience with the fel. They've been summoning loa for millennia longer than humans have existed, I can't believe that none of them attempted summoning demons. Even leaving aside specifics like Demoniacs.

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 11-06-2018 at 07:31 PM..
Old 11-06-2018, 07:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
I have no horse in this race as I have no intention of playing Zandalari, but I find it hard to believe that such an ancient and historied race has had no experience with the fel. They've been summoning loa for millennia longer than humans have existed, I can't believe that none of them attempted summoning demons.
A race being banned from a class doesn't mean there can't be individuals capable of learning that path, just that the race's culture is either against it or has no large cultural background tied to it.

Maybe they tried, and it was forbidden like blood magic. Fel requires soul sacrifices and I'm pretty sure the loa would be against it.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-06-2018, 08:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Shadow Orb

In fairness, I am not sure if there are many cultures who support the idea of Warlock practice, save for perhaps the Gnomes, Dark Irons, and Forsaken who are known to practice those magics openly. (And perhaps boast the most Warlock characters or military units compared to other races.)

That said, I think I'm fine with the Zandalari and Kul Tiran class distribution here. Mages make sense for KT's if one considers that perhaps Jaina has already been training some Kul Tirans to become Mages, and if they can be Monks then I can't see why Mages would be off the table given that both classes require strenuous study and honing of mind to master. Yeah, maybe Warlocks would make sense among the Zandalari though on the other hand it's perhaps a way of showing how much more strict the laws are in Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Their societies have not given me the impression that they're as merciful as the ones back home.

Ironically though, the way they've distributed classes also means Alliance and Horde are equal in Warlock options when beforehand the Horde had more options for Warlocks.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:08 PM

Loremaster

Honestly the Demoniac background, such as it is, doesn't really sound like warlocks anyway. It arguably sounds like demon hunters, but more precisely, it sounds like trolls doing to some demons what trolls have been shown to already do to other creatures.

Namely consuming victims' bodies in order to get their mojo and with it, their special powers. They've done it to each other, done it to other creatures, done it to their loas, and seemingly a few of them have done it to some demons. That doesn't really make them warlocks, let alone representative of any "warlock society" embedded in Zandalari culture.

Really the "cultural" position of warlocks in the other races generally falls alongside necromancers as representing what happens to spellcasters when they delved into forbidden magic. Like most trolls, the Zandalari are already pretty routinely engaged in some pretty nasty magical stuff, so having warlocks would seem kind of redundant.

That said, I always felt like Demoniacs could have provided a potential window into what the troll empires were up to when the Legion was stomping all over the planet during the WotA. Like maybe they resulted from skirmishes with the demons wherein some trolls found themselves imbued with some demonic abilities from cannibalizing and ritualistically sacrificing fallen or captured demons the way they would any other enemy.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:23 AM

Troubadour

Last edited by Krainz; 11-07-2018 at 06:48 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 02:29 AM

Arch-Druid

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-1...n-for-sylvanas

Quote:
"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much - the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas' orders. What we're seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we're in the middle of that."
Found this at MMO-C, with Sylvanas Fanboys now crying "retcon", Blizzard not knowing their lore".

Except, that we already known for years that Sylvanas hands on the whole Wrathgate Incident haven't been clean.

Heck, Chronicles III even reenforced this.

Quote:
SYLVANAS'S ROLE AT THE WRATH GATE
Like most good lies, Sylvanas Windrunner's account of the rebellion in the Undercity contained some truth. Grand Apothecary Putress truly had attempted to overthrow her, and Varimathras truly was trying to claim the Forsaken in the name of the Burning Legion.

But the plague bad been created at her direction. Sylvanas was willing to take vengeance against the Lich King at almost any cost, even by making a weapon as deadly as the plague. Whether she was aware that Putress and Varimathras were planning to use the concoction remained a mystery. Rumors persisted that she knew about the attack at the Wrath Gate beforehand, and her denials did not assuage the doubts of her detractors.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:17 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-1...n-for-sylvanas

Found this at MMO-C, with Sylvanas Fanboys now crying "retcon", Blizzard not knowing their lore".

Except, that we already known for years that Sylvanas hands on the whole Wrathgate Incident haven't been clean.

Heck, Chronicles III even reenforced this.
Speaking of chronicles III, some of the discussion has turned to how the odd wording for its summary of the Wrathgate makes it sound like Dranosh Saurfang was killed by the Blight, not by Arthas. I had always put that down to them trying to simply the story to the three main points (they fight the Lich King, Blight happens, Bolvar and Dranosh die) and the implication was unintentional.

But the point was raised that, if Chronicles III is a recton (though even just a "Dranosh actually survived the blow only to get finished off the Blight," wouldn't really work since we see Frostmourne steal his soul) then they could have the "shocking reveal" that technically Sylvanas killed Saurfang's son. And that... well it sounds so much like something Blizzard would do when coupled with Afrasiabi bringing up the Wrathgate I can't entirely dismiss it.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:14 AM

Arch-Druid

If Bolvar/Taelia is a big point before the showdown with Sylvanas, then it would be imo. more likely that they take the "Sylvanas killed by dad" route.

It don't think they will retcon Dreanosh's death, but rather that Sylvanas actions rather tainted his son's honor by being partially responsable for him being turned into a Death Knight.

Last edited by Vineyard; 11-11-2018 at 10:20 AM..
Old 11-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Eternal

Why are people all of a sudden bringing up WrathGate again?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft