Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 03:04 AM

Glaive Thrower

My prediction after Blizzcon :

- New goblin & worgen model (Confirmed)
- New heritage armor : Goblin, Worgen
- New Warfront : Gilneas. Will future Goblin versus Gnome but building will be Forsaken themed (Opposite of Darkshore)
- New Allied races : Vulpera for Horde and Ankaras for Alliance (Deep sea Jinyu the Alliance help in Nazjatar)
- Horde quest : Return of the warchief - Help Saurfang research for Thrall in Outland
- Alliance quest : Retaking of Gnomereggan : Help Gnome and Mecagnome to take back Gnomereggan - Unlock mecagnome personalization for gnome

- New heritage armor : Draenei and Troll
- New zone : N'zoth prison (Underground zone)
- New raid : Nya'lotha
- Sylvanas step down for Thrall and head to Nyalotha, emprisonning N'Zoth in Xallatah dagger (But freeing Xal by doing so)

- New warfront : Barrens : Tauren vs
- New heritage armor : Human, Night elves, Tushui Pandaren, Orcs, Forsaken and Huojin Pandaren
- New Allied races : Redeemed (Lightforged undead) and Sethrak for Horde
- Quest were we try to discover Xal plan
- Xal is the guldan for the next expansion
Old 11-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Post-Blizzcon predictions:

- Sylvanas will not wield Xal'atath. The blade was "hidden in plain sight" in the presentation of important characters because itself will be an important player ahead, but she won't remain a blade for long. I think Machalak's right about it being the "Gul'dan" for next expansion.

- Baine, not Saurfang, will be the next Warchief. And he will rise in an awesome way after 8.2.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-07-2018, 05:53 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I doubt mechagnomes will be cusomization options. They have a bunch of different hairstyles and facial features on top of the robot limbs, whereas past new customization options have must been a single change (upright posture for orcs, an eye color for blood elves, an eye color with a built in skin tone for night elves, and even that I think was just so night elves could use the black eyes with any face option unlike blood elves). Even the example from the interview was just Wildhammer tattoos on their own.

It would also lead to the argument that there's nothing Lightforged draenei have that mechagnomes don't, thus furthering the idea they don't deserve to be an allied race and thus the Alliance got a 'wasted' allied race slot.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 11-07-2018 at 06:22 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 03:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I doubt mechagnomes will be cusomization options. They have a bunch of different hairstyles and facial features on top of the robot limbs, whereas past new customization options have must been a single change (upright posture for orcs, an eye color for blood elves, an eye color with a built in skin tone for night elves, and even that I think was just so night elves could use the black eyes with any face option unlike blood elves). Even the example from the interview was just Wildhammer tattoos on their own.

It would also lead to the argument that there's nothing Lightforged draenei have that mechagnomes don't, thus furthering the idea they don't deserve to be an allied race and thus the Alliance got a 'wasted' allied race slot.
I agree.

As much as I don't like them, junknomes seem to have everything to be their own race. They have their own model, with its own customization, and will soon be the center of a storyline that will develop their lore.

Next race pair being junknomes and vulpera makes too much sense to discard at this point. All other possibilities still lack evidence in comparison.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I agree.

As much as I don't like them, junknomes seem to have everything to be their own race. They have their own model, with its own customization, and will soon be the center of a storyline that will develop their lore.

Next race pair being junknomes and vulpera makes too much sense to discard at this point. All other possibilities still lack evidence in comparison.
They did say that we will meet "new friends" in Nazjatar. My guess is that they will be the Gilgoblins and the Sea Jinyu.

That way, we can have Junker Gnomes and Gilgoblins as the Allied races with direct standard race counterparts nd then Sea Jinyu and Vulpera for the first "unique" allied races.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, or DailyMotion.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
They did say that we will meet "new friends" in Nazjatar. My guess is that they will be the Gilgoblins and the Sea Jinyu.

That way, we can have Junker Gnomes and Gilgoblins as the Allied races with direct standard race counterparts nd then Sea Jinyu and Vulpera for the first "unique" allied races.
There's zero demand for gilgoblins. I can't even understand why people are pitching them to be playable, while there's another much more popular and unique goblin-based allied race almost ready to be playable.

(Yes, there's also almost zero demand for junknomes, but least they have some work put into them, as well as several hints that date back to BfA alpha. All gilgoblins have is an image of the same model they have since Cataclysm, placed among other NPC races we will ally with.)

Old 11-08-2018, 11:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Blizzard surprised me by making me really want a Jinyu allied race via those deep sea varaints, it's too bad that right now they're pitching the notion that they can't repopulate but I want to think that if there's enough desire for them that maybe they'll introduce a story element that will bring back some hope to their future.

Maybe they're testing to see how players will react to them before deciding on them as a new race? Who knows?
Old 11-08-2018, 11:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:
There's zero demand for gilgoblins. I can't even understand why people are pitching them to be playable, while there's another much more popular and unique goblin-based allied race almost ready to be playable.

(Yes, there's also almost zero demand for junknomes, but least they have some work put into them, as well as several hints that date back to BfA alpha. All gilgoblins have is an image of the same model they have since Cataclysm, placed among other NPC races we will ally with.)
Who knows? Maybe they flesh out Gilgoblins alongside the Junker Gnomes in later patches.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, or DailyMotion.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:03 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:

Well, the vulpera and jinyu could be the more alien races, while gilgoblins and mechagnomes would be the races based on existing ones.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

PREDICTION POINTS AS OF NOVEMBER 9TH 2018:

Krainz's correct predictions:

a.) Saurfang reveals Sylvanas' plans to the Alliance

b.) the Alliance attacks Zandalar on full force thanks to Saurfang's info

d.) the Horde retaliates on full force by attacking Kul Tiras

e.) Azshara becomes a threat

k.) Faction War zone is going to be a return to Teldrassil and Lordaeron, given that the players later returned to the Broken Shore

l.) Alternatively, the Faction War zone is going to be Crestfall or at least make mention to it

m.) There will be Faction invasions that would use the same tech of the Legion invasions

Menel'dirion's correct predictions:

-Somewhere in 8.1 is the opportunity to unlock Zandalari and Kul Tirans.

Commander Rotal's correct predictions:

-) Island Expeditions and War Fronts will end up being huge flops with players.

Deicide's correct predictions:

The Lich King will have a role in later patches.

Crazyterran's correct predictions:

The Alliance invades Zandalar in an attempt to break the stalemate, with the only open landing point, pushing the Vulpera to seek the Hordes aid. The Horde player pushes the Alliance back, but not without the Vulpera homeland.

Scoreboard:

Krainz: 7
Menel'dirion: 1
Commander Rotal: 1
Deicide: 1
Crazyterran: 1

Next point tallying-up will be when 8.2 hits the PTR.

Last edited by Krainz; 11-11-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

- We’ll see Gral again in Nazjatar.
- The Alliance Naval Advantage that they claim at the Battle of Dazar’Alor is going to crash into the bottom of Nazjatar.
- Val’kyr are gonna raise a lot of Kul’Tiran sailors at the ship graveyard.
- There will be some sort of world quest/event/objective where the Alliance and the Horde compete to raise/recover ships from the ship graveyard.
- Saurfang will visit his son’s grave. Possibly another cinematic.
- Mag’har assault on Azuremyst Island.
- Taelia and/or Anduin find out what happened to Bolvar, and go on an adventure to recruit his aid in taking Dow Sylvanas.
- Arator Dies and Alleria does a cannonball into the Sunwell.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Chimaera

- Night elves will be forced to withdraw from Kalimdor due to some timely excuse of a global threat. We'll learn long after the fact from a dev tweet or some other low-key source that the elves were the canonical winners of the battle for Darkshore and totally held the place for all of 5 minutes.

- Aided by Gallywix' cannon, Sylvanas successfully lays siege to Stormwind City and forces Anduin to vow that his allies give up any and all claims to the lands of Kalimdor, in exchange for not burning the city down on her way out. The Kaldorei/Gilnean army arrives to the EK too late to be a part of any of this while it's going down. They will be portrayed as apologetic for letting Stormwind down. No mention of the deal Anduin made or anyone raising hell over it is ever made.

- The Vindicaar destroys the Bilgewater Cannon after all of the above has already happened.

- Saurfang is tracked down and captured by Sylvanas' agents

- Sylvanas' faction goes on to be prominently featured in various world-saving battles against old gods and other raidbosses.

- After Azshara's defeat, Sylvanas personally uses Xal'atath to end whatever influence the old gods had over the naga and has them eagerly join the horde as an allied race, especially after she tells them of how she burned Teldrassil and how one of her warleaders personally axed Malfurion in the back.

- The Alliance version of the big naga raid is played for comedy, featuring one of the three dwarves flinging generic 'fish-face' insults but doing nothing of substance. Some joke of a bunch of anthropomorphic crustaceans no one ever heard of before joins the Alliance in thanks for ending their slavery to the naga.

- The Alliance goes on to be shown stuck trying to defend Kul Tiras from horde assaults. A particularly nasty one prompts Jaina to sacrifice herself in defense of her homeland. Her final act obliterates a horde ship that had captured Saurfang on board for some reason.

- Immediately after this, the alliance player is given a quest to look for shipwreck survivors, thus discovering Saurfang's corpse for their faction. Prophet Velen, who was on-site the entire time, is the one to give out this quest.

- Sylvanas tells everyone in the horde about Saurfang's fate. People who sided with the orc in 8.1 go on to get extra-demeaning quest dialogue for the rest of the expansion.

- The final raid of BfA is a giant ghost ship shown to be en route to attack Orgrimmar. Canonically, both factions arrive to stop it. The final boss aboard the ship is of course an undead Jaina who sings her song during the fight and is a far more polished and impressive sea-based raidboss than the naga queen ever was.

- Sylvanas is hailed as saviour of Orgrimmar in a fancy CGI ending, while the alliance get a low-budget ingame cutscene of Anduin alone paying his respects at Jaina's memorial statue in a rebuilt Stormwind City. There's a night elf refugee in the background that they totally forgot to remove from the cutscene. Anduin's pathing gets stuck on said night elf as he attempts to exit stage left, leaving him awkwardly spazzing out for the fade-to-black.

- In a "post-credits" teaser for the next expansion, N'zoth vows to do better than his Azshara or Jaina plays panned out. Now coming to all of your Apple and Android phones.

Last edited by Icefrost; 11-12-2018 at 07:48 PM..

Tags
battle for azeroth, world of warcraft