Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-16-2018, 10:32 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default World of Warcraft: Requiem; Speculation on an Expansion of Death

The signs are mounting, so I thought I’d start this thread so we could brainstorm, wishlist, and speculate about what a Death Themed expansion would be like.

Personally, I’d like to see various races carving their own little afterlife-niches in the Shadowlands, giving us a chance to explore the religions of our playable races. For example:

-In the Shadowlands of Tirisfal Glades, Tyr has created his own version of Odyn’s Halls of Valor, but it’s filled with humans instead of Vrykul. We get to fight along side legends like Sir Anduin Lothar, Lordain, Thoradin, and Uther (provided he isn’t turned into some sort of Light-Forged Undead). This place is the home of the Spirit Healers.

-Orcs have to find a new home for their dead and reestablish their ancestral worship that they lost back when they abandoned Shamanism and took up the path of the Warlock and Oshu’gun went Dark. We get to meet legends like Grom Hellscream (the real one), Garrosh, Orgrim Doomhammer, and come to their legacies, good and bad.

-The Draenei need to either rebuild or build a new Auchindoun.

-Night Elf Whisps congregate at G’hanir, or perhaps at Nordrassil, or Maybe even on the Moon itself.

Now many of these will probably depend on what happens in BfA.

You would recruit Dead championship of your race as your followers.

The Void also has a strong presence, seeking to devour souls that were unclaimed by the various powers-that-be. Part of why people like Arthas and Sylvanas see “only Darkness” when they die, and why Sylvanas is the enemy of the Void. Void Elves might align somewhat with this, seeking to punish the evil dead.

Anyways, how would you execute a Death Centered expansion?

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 08-16-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 08-17-2018, 11:55 AM

Eternal

As an evolution of the Artifact and Heart of Azeroth system, it would be cool to get "Paths" for each spec, based on a necklace or a ring or whatever, getting tied to a dead character who will guide us through the Shadowlands. These spirits or echoes would appear only sometimes, giving us advice and stuff.

For example, Ret Paladins could get the Path of Alexandros, while Holy would get the Path of Uther.

Frost DKs could get the Path of Arthas; Path of Teron Gorefiend could go either to Unholy DKs or Affliction Warlocks.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:44 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
As an evolution of the Artifact and Heart of Azeroth system, it would be cool to get "Paths" for each spec, based on a necklace or a ring or whatever, getting tied to a dead character who will guide us through the Shadowlands. These spirits or echoes would appear only sometimes, giving us advice and stuff.

For example, Ret Paladins could get the Path of Alexandros, while Holy would get the Path of Uther.

Frost DKs could get the Path of Arthas; Path of Teron Gorefiend could go either to Unholy DKs or Affliction Warlocks.
I like it. Maybe some of these ghostly guides might even stick around as the new”bodyguards” or even give you or even allow you to merge with them for a temporary transformation, a la Terok in Spires of Arak. I’d rather it were done by race, but class is probably better for balance.

This does raise an interesting question. What will our new artifact level doohickey be? Perhaps some sort of talisman that gives us free passage to and from the land of the dead. A sort of Hearthstone maybe?
Old 08-21-2018, 11:26 AM

Eternal

So I was thinking a bit on the story and zones for such an expansion. I figure that there is currently a war in the Shadowlands - the Void is trying to invade, and their hold in this realm is Ny'alotha. Some denizens are defending, and some are on the side of the Void.

I propose Azjol-Nerub as the central zone of the expansion, finally after all these years, with several gates to the Shadowlands opened through quests. One zone could be the Peaks of Punishment, the "hell" part of the Shadowlands, where evil souls are tortured. Another, the Fields of Serenity, the calm afterlife for the good souls. Another zone could perhaps be Thros, the Blighted Lands. And a final one might be a section that used to be fine but has been corrupted by the Void, as their incursion zone.

A patch could have Ny'alotha as an entire zone.

Some ideas for Character Paths, that might even tie in to the artifacts they wielded:

Mage:
Arcane - Aegwynn
Fire - Kael'thas Sunstrider

Shadow priest - Modgud or Cho'gall

Warriors - Orgrim Doomhammer and Anduin Lothar, don't know which specs. Third spec could have Kur'talos Ravencrest

Balance druids could have Ralaar Fangfire.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:19 AM

Eternal

Isn't it kinda cheap though? They've burned through characters seeded way back in Warcraft 2 and now they're going to dig them up again.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, or DailyMotion.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:51 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Isn't it kinda cheap though? They've burned through characters seeded way back in Warcraft 2 and now they're going to dig them up again.
In my concept, these characters wouldn't be actual expansions characters - they'd be as present as Aluneth, Thal'kiel or Xal'atath were in Legion.