Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I like casual raiding, since I take a holistic approach to the game. I want to, and should, experience all content.

That said, since most people joining the guild would be leveling new characters it may take a while to get up to raiding speed. We'll have to see how it unfolds.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:23 AM

The Knight-Lord

I've just started my own Blood Knight RP guild on Moon Guard-US. I'd love to have your opinion on the guild, guys. Here's a link to the site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
I've just started my own Blood Knight RP guild on Moon Guard-US. I'd love to have your opinion on the guild, guys. Here's a link to the site:
I always wanted to make a "Cenarion Crescent" militarized Druid RP-PVP guild and do little RP events in Felwood and dominate Warsong Gulch.

I would've loved to have seen your uniform page, but it didn't take me anywhere. Aside from doing runs of BWL to get your officers the Judgement set, t9 is probably the best bet for a decent "Blood Knight" uniform. The offset plate from Naxx25 is good too, and you should be able to 8-10 man that once you get 85. What are the Masters and Magisters sets as youve defined them? D1?

As for RP events, Blood Knights always struck me as a direct response to the Undead infestation of Quel'Thalas. Not a calling to a higher cause or even to specifically target a boss or raid... (Lich King notwithstanding.) Obviously your guild would want to clean up the Dead Scar and as much of Ghostlands as possible. You COULD turn them into vampire hunters, and eradicate all instances of San'layn... I do somoething similar with Nathrezim on my Draenei. I go forth and slay demons. You could wipe out the undead corruption of the Sin'Dorei.

I'd be interested in seeing how you deal with RP Professions.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

I don't play on an RP server, but I write stories with my Blood Knight. It's basically written where he's a roving diplomat and is a member of the Argent Crusade (having done all the Argent Tournament, too) - loyal to the Horde, but he has a few comrades on the other side too, having fought alongside them in Northrend. He also (by dint of the in-game character having started as a human, from when I made him in 2005 until I swapped him a year ago, lol) holds rank in the Horde army. Something I hope to improve upon, even if - from what I've heard of the rated BGs - I'd probably have to start from scratch. Besides, "General Ketiron" has a nicer ring to it. *grin*

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 12-04-2011, 12:38 AM

Elune

Someone once directed me to the Scythe of Sylvanas. They may be interested to know that apparently one can be denied membership before applying, by talking with a couple of officers beforehand, and then never being told why. I'm quite frankly baffled.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Lord of Time

I'm not.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Someone once directed me to the Scythe of Sylvanas. They may be interested to know that apparently one can be denied membership before applying, by talking with a couple of officers beforehand, and then never being told why. I'm quite frankly baffled.
Because the guildmaster is a personal friend of mine and I told her not to accept you because you're crazy.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Because the guildmaster is a personal friend of mine and I told her not to accept you because you're crazy.
Coming from you, I'm not sure whether to peg this as true or not, but I'll err on the side of caution and say it isn't.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Coming from you, I'm not sure whether to peg this as true or not, but I'll err on the side of caution and say it isn't.
I met Genavie in person at Blizzcon 2010 and we've been good friends ever since. I advise her on the lore all the time.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
I met Genavie in person at Blizzcon 2010 and we've been good friends ever since. I advise her on the lore all the time.
Well, in the end, you may have been right about that. Although now I no longer know if I can ask anyone else about guilds in the knowledge that they might do the same thing... irritating.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Well, in the end, you may have been right about that. Although now I no longer know if I can ask anyone else about guilds in the knowledge that they might do the same thing... irritating.
Of course I'm right that you're fucking crazy and don't belong in a good guild with regular people.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Of course I'm right that you're fucking crazy and don't belong in a good guild with regular people.
We shall see.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Come on.

I don't think I've EVER agreed with Xil on anything, in fact I don't think I've even seen logical thinking from here whatsoever but I still think thats incredibly harsh. I know theres a great deal of difference between how I word my posts on her and play my character. Who's to say she isn't an incredibly worthwhile guild member?

I'm kindoff bewildered I'm making this post in response to Omacron tbh. Is there something I missed that has lead to justifying this harsh sentiment?

EDIT: Misplaced an E in there. Fixed meaning.

Last edited by Sa'danak; 12-04-2011 at 09:46 AM..
Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 AM

Elune

That seems like an incredibly shitty thing to do.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slywyn View Post
That seems like an incredibly shitty thing to do.
And yet, it's perfectly in character for Omacron.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
And yet, it's perfectly in character for Omacron.
That says a lot.

Or nothing, I suppose.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
That says a lot.

Or nothing, I suppose.
Actually, it's probably a good thing if the guild leader is friends with Omacron.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Come on.

I don't think I've EVER agreed with Xil on anything, in fact I don't think I've even seen logical thinking from here whatsoever but I still think thats incredibly harsh. I know theres a great deal of difference between how I word my posts on her and play my character. Who's to say she isn't an incredibly worthwhile guild member?

I'm kindoff bewildered I'm making this post in response to Omacron tbh. Is there something I missed that has lead to justifying this harsh sentiment?

EDIT: Misplaced an E in there. Fixed meaning.
Guilds are about more than just roleplaying. There are parents in that guild. When I mentioned that Xil is a self described pedophile I think it was clear that they wouldn't want him in the guild.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Guilds are about more than just roleplaying. There are parents in that guild. When I mentioned that Xil is a self described pedophile I think it was clear that they wouldn't want him in the guild.
You're not very good at bringing up relevant subjects, are you?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
That fact may have never come up, and it was still an incredibly shitty thing to do. That's almost as bad as what Bolvar did.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm starting to find it telling that so far the only people who keep bringing up that thread are Omacron and Bolvar.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
That fact may have never come up, and it was still an incredibly shitty thing to do. That's almost as bad as what Bolvar did.

How is it any different from me telling any other guildleader that I'm friends with not to accept any other individual based on information they have made readily apparent?

EDIT: For the record, SoS is actually pretty stringent when it comes to accepting people. I don't know who handled your application and for all I know they may not have been privy to the information I shared with their GL. They demand lore-accuracy from their RPers and I contributed to writing their lore guide, and they could've refused Xil for his incredibly odd view on Forsaken lore just as much as they could have refused him on his personality.

Last edited by Omacron; 12-04-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

And I thought raid guild drama was fun and stupid.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
How is it any different from me telling any other guildleader that I'm friends with not to accept any other individual based on information they have made readily apparent?

EDIT: For the record, SoS is actually pretty stringent when it comes to accepting people. I don't know who handled your application and for all I know they may not have been privy to the information I shared with their GL. They demand lore-accuracy from their RPers and I contributed to writing their lore guide, and they could've refused Xil for his incredibly odd view on Forsaken lore just as much as they could have refused him on his personality.
You're basically sharing personal information about someone when you really don't have any right to.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
You're basically sharing personal information about someone when you really don't have any right to.
It's not personal when they make it readily available on a forum, nor did I know at the time that Xil had any intention of joining SoS.