Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
How is it any different from me telling any other guildleader that I'm friends with not to accept any other individual based on information they have made readily apparent?

EDIT: For the record, SoS is actually pretty stringent when it comes to accepting people. I don't know who handled your application and for all I know they may not have been privy to the information I shared with their GL. They demand lore-accuracy from their RPers and I contributed to writing their lore guide, and they could've refused Xil for his incredibly odd view on Forsaken lore just as much as they could have refused him on his personality.
There was no application. I was denied during an email exchange before I submitted anything.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Guilds are about more than just roleplaying. There are parents in that guild. When I mentioned that Xil is a self described pedophile I think it was clear that they wouldn't want him in the guild.
That makes a lot more sense. Though by parents, do you mean with children who play wow or just children in general? (not much risk to those with no contact.)

Still though, Xil said that once and never brought it up again. I would doubt its common knowledge to those around her.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Eternal

link? i need more context
Old 12-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
It's not personal when they make it readily available on a forum, nor did I know at the time that Xil had any intention of joining SoS.
I suppose that's different.

Still kind of a douche move though.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:04 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

As a Guild Master of a Raiding Guild, I generally want all the information i can gather on someone before I invite them, unless they are 'friend rank'. Even then, if the Friend Rank is bat shit crazy, buh bye.

I can see why Omacron did it, and I get it. I do it all the time, giving info about people who have left my guild or that i know peripherally to other guild masters when said people are applying to their guilds.

But, not so sure about these harsh sentiments, but, i don't know the history between them. O.o
Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

So, basically, there are people who think Omacron should have just kept his mouth shut, and not said a damned thing, and what he did was a "douche move."

Really?

If I'm personal friends with someone, and that person knows I have kids who are occasionally online, and that my guild includes many other families with young children, and said friend does NOT speak up when he knows a pedophile is interested in joining my guild, I'd say THAT'S the douche move.

You politically correct morons need to grow a fucking spine already.

Be more like Omacron. Even if that means you subscribe to whatever godless bizarre political theory he espouses. At least you'd have a set of balls.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 12-05-2011, 01:28 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Be more like Omacron. Even if that means you subscribe to whatever godless bizarre political theory he espouses. At least you'd have a set of balls.
Omacron's balls, they're everywhere!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:57 AM

Lord of Time

This is fucking hilarious. I approve.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
So, basically, there are people who think Omacron should have just kept his mouth shut, and not said a damned thing, and what he did was a "douche move."

Really?

If I'm personal friends with someone, and that person knows I have kids who are occasionally online, and that my guild includes many other families with young children, and said friend does NOT speak up when he knows a pedophile is interested in joining my guild, I'd say THAT'S the douche move.

You politically correct morons need to grow a fucking spine already.

This, pretty much. Without all the vitriol
Old 12-05-2011, 02:25 AM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Old 12-05-2011, 05:19 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

For the record, if someone else from this board I didn't like, like say, Slowpoke or Rolandius was seeking to join one of my friend's guilds I'd give them whatever dirt I knew on them, too. Granted, unlike Xil my few beefs with other posters generally comes from their idiosyncratic posting and smaller, less serious annoyances, but if asked for my opinion I'd give it.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Omacron 2012
Old 12-05-2011, 06:05 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:

Really?
No.

The opening phrasing was worded as though Omacron had denied Xil simply because he did not like her, not because she was a potential pedophile or in any way a bad guild member.Once that was cleared up my objections are withdrawn entirely.

I just found it hard to believe Omacron would sink that low and I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
That makes a lot more sense. Though by parents, do you mean with children who play wow or just children in general?
I still would like an answer to this to solidify my position though.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:42 AM

That I can't say for sure. I'm not actually a member of SoS because I never play my Forsaken characters, but occasionally I RP with them on my orc Deathknight and a few have mentioned having kids, like "Brb guys gotta put the kid to sleep" or "Brb daughter just came home from school".
Old 12-05-2011, 07:25 AM

Arch-Druid

If some one admits to being a paedophile then they are either an attention whore who likes to cause drama or a paedophile either way I wouldn't want them in my guild so I'm with Omacron.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

BLAH BLAH BLAH PEDOPHILES AND GUILD BANNINGS

I play on every realm I see that I find interesting. Moon Guard, Draka, Windrunner, Emerald Dream, fuck, even Andorhal (ANDORHAAAAAAL!!).
My main is on Draka though, that's my serious realm. Box me if you ever need anything.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Elune

I RP'd with SoS once.

Made a low level Forsaken and he was reacting to his new "condition."

Eventually had them take my character to Southshore (his place of birth) and by the time the RP was finished I had several of them telling me that I made their night.

After that, I promptly deleted the character.

Felt good making people's night with excellent lore-abiding RP.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM

I should play my RP realm characters more, the highest one I have is 56 >.<
Old 12-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Arch-Druid

On my old server, Silver Hand, I've been in and encountered some pretty good RP guilds.

The two most famous guilds are Alliance-side.

Alahni Lo Andu

Caelestis Templares

I, myself have been in some guilds, most of which are defunct by now.

A Highborne guild, an all Blood Elf guild, a mostly Tauren guild, and a guild that attempted to RP as pro-Alliance Scarlets.

Last edited by Kadifa; 12-05-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

I've only RP'd for real a few times. I just don't interact with many people while leveling anymore, so not many opportunities unless you plan it out ahead of time. Most of the time me and my friends will just RP as complete ass hats ("I AM THE LORD OF DUROTAR, LEADER OF THE PIGLINGS!").
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
I've only RP'd for real a few times. I just don't interact with many people while leveling anymore, so not many opportunities unless you plan it out ahead of time. Most of the time me and my friends will just RP as complete ass hats ("I AM THE LORD OF DUROTAR, LEADER OF THE PIGLINGS!").
My character is a huge asshole as well, so I feel ya, bro.
What I find hilarious is when people bitch at me that my character breaks the lore because he's too "modern". I remember someone refusing to RP with me because my character made reference to radios. I was all "go roll a goblin and tell me what plays music in their car, motherfucker".

Just because my character prefers martinis to mead, thinks everyone making a scene in the Cathedral district is a street performer and talks about his offshore accounts in Tel'abim doesn't make him a bad character.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
My character is a huge asshole as well, so I feel ya, bro.
What I find hilarious is when people bitch at me that my character breaks the lore because he's too "modern". I remember someone refusing to RP with me because my character made reference to radios. I was all "go roll a goblin and tell me what plays music in their car, motherfucker".

Just because my character prefers martinis to mead, thinks everyone making a scene in the Cathedral district is a street performer and talks about his offshore accounts in Tel'abim doesn't make him a bad character.
That is awesome. Should I ever get back to WoW, I would love to have conversations between my characters and yours.

Really, it reminds me of a player on who livened up Silver Hand by being slightly more quirky and different than most RPers on there. I wonder if he's still holding down the fort.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:35 PM

To be fair my character (who started out as a parody of Thrall, as a night elf essentially raised by goblins) thinks he can solve every problem by either "shooting someone in the face or suing them into oblivion".

Demon menacing your guildmember? Shoot him in the face.
You're pregnant? Sue the husband for child support.
Need to exact revenge on someone? Shoot them in the face then get a lawyer to protect you from the guards.

Pretty much no one wants to RP with Omacron because he essentially saps any drama out of a conversation by boiling it down to its most banal form.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
To be fair my character (who started out as a parody of Thrall, as a night elf essentially raised by goblins) thinks he can solve every problem by either "shooting someone in the face or suing them into oblivion".
I'm curious how this works, haven't the Goblins only recently set up shop in Kalimdor? Like, when everyone else discovered it in wc3? I ask not to pick apart your character, but more that I just don't know what the deal is with Goblins on Kalimdor.