Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM

Eternal

Ah fair enough, she's not exactly my cup of tea but I suppose I can see why people do support her. I'm not the biggest fan of athletes and music stars who butt their heads into political and social issues because I honestly don't think it is their place to do so. Not saying they can't have an opinion but it's quite hard to take some of them seriously such as Kanye West accusing of George W. Bush not helping people in New Orleans fast enough because they are black
Old 12-06-2010, 02:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Ah fair enough, she's not exactly my cup of tea but I suppose I can see why people do support her. I'm not the biggest fan of athletes and music stars who butt their heads into political and social issues because I honestly don't think it is their place to do so. Not saying they can't have an opinion but it's quite hard to take some of them seriously such as Kanye West accusing of George W. Bush not helping people in New Orleans fast enough because they are black
I thought nothing of Lady GaGa UNTIL she decided to used her fame in the fight against DADT, which has cost out military countless Arab linguists when we are fighting a supposed "war on terrorism." I've never understood this policy in the least. Are you telling me that soliders who are trained to kill and being able to deal with the reality of being killed on a day-to-day basis, can't handle the psychological horror of serving with a gay person? It's absurd. And if they can't handle this, quite honestly they don't need to be carrying a gun, because they have the mind of child.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
I thought nothing of Lady GaGa UNTIL she decided to used her fame in the fight against DADT, which has cost out military countless Arab linguists when we are fighting a supposed "war on terrorism." I've never understood this policy in the least. Are you telling me that soliders who are trained to kill and being able to deal with the reality of being killed on a day-to-day basis, can't handle the psychological horror of serving with a gay person? It's absurd. And if they can't handle this, quite honestly they don't need to be carrying a gun, because they have the mind of child.
What? do you consider lady gaga action over that good or bad?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Well it's pretty clear from the bulk of the post I think it's good. Before she did that I didn't think about her at all. I suppose every generation needs a Madonna clone who makes fun pop songs though.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Well it's pretty clear from the bulk of the post I think it's good. Before she did that I didn't think about her at all. I suppose every generation needs a Madonna clone who makes fun pop songs though.
I'm a different kind of person in my thoughts in such that I consider myself a right-leaning Moderate who supports low spending, lower taxes for all but at the same time, I'm also an Atheist and highly support gay rights on MOST issues. I think the whole gay marriage thing is total BS because if two people want to marry and spend the rest of their lives together, who cares! It's not going to affect your personal life in any sort and not to mention, there are tax breaks on married people so I see that as an unfair advantage simply based on your sexual preference. Now onto the military issue, I personally wouldn't have an issue with a homosexual soldier or military member next to me as long as they don't make the issue public all the dang time but realizing that most people can't handle the concept for whatever reason, I'm against it until the majority of people can accept it. At the moment, I just don't think it's the best idea.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Frankly, I think we should go back to how they did it in sparta. When not fighting, all the soldiers fucked eachother. That way they'd stick together in combat.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Frankly, I think we should go back to how they did it in sparta. When not fighting, all the soldiers fucked eachother. That way they'd stick together in combat.
Think of what the movie 300 would have been like if it was accurate......no doubt it would have been seen as gay propoganda lol.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Think of what the movie 300 would have been like if it was accurate......no doubt it would have been seen as gay propoganda lol.
Let's be honest.

300 was already inaccurate because the Spartans wore goddamn pants. Greeks went commando in skirts. This is the culture that invented oiling up 12 year old naked boys and making them wrestle for Herakles' sake.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM

Arch-Druid

I thought the movie was complete crap as it was. The acting was laughable, I really didn't care if the Spartans died or not. As far as graphic novel adaptions go, Sin City had it beat hands down. I haven't seen Watchmen.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 AM

You know what I love?

My mother's erotica company is already putting together a novella about an erotic rendezvous at an airline security line.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:24 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
You know what I love?

My mother's erotica company is already putting together a novella about an erotic rendezvous at an airline security line.
How jaded have I become when I can say that doesn't even surprise me in the slightest?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:59 PM

Elune

Finally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12028657

This retarded law got thrown out

Also memes

This may be outdated
Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Finally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12028657

This retarded law got thrown out

Also memes

This may be outdated
Just curious why so many people outside America care about how we run our military. Time will tell if this is a great move or not but I think it's going to be a bumpy road for a little bit.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Just curious why so many people outside America care about how we run our military. Time will tell if this is a great move or not but I think it's going to be a bumpy road for a little bit.
Because the entire world gets affected by the actions of your military.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Bwhahahahaha, burn suckers!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
How are you affected by whether our soldiers are openly homosexual or not?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Arch-Druid

The suggestion that trained soldiers would not be able to fight properly if serving with a open homosexual (who they probably know is gay to begin with) is absurd. Quite honestly, if they can't handle serving with a gay person, they have no buisness being asked to do the important work they are doing, it's that simple. The same argument about "unit cohesion" was used by opponents of having blacks serve in the same units as whites. This is a fantastic day for equal rights in this country, and it should have happend years ago, and the only reason it didn't is America's obsession with puritanical religious bullshit.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
How are you affected by whether our soldiers are openly homosexual or not?
Mostly because what america does stamps a lot of countries with bad images in a vague label called the west, just look at this interpretation of how the iranian leaders see the west
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBDX...eature=related
Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM

Eternal

Quote:
The suggestion that trained soldiers would not be able to fight properly if serving with a open homosexual (who they probably know is gay to begin with) is absurd. Quite honestly, if they can't handle serving with a gay person, they have no buisness being asked to do the important work they are doing, it's that simple. The same argument about "unit cohesion" was used by opponents of having blacks serve in the same units as whites. This is a fantastic day for equal rights in this country, and it should have happend years ago, and the only reason it didn't is America's obsession with puritanical religious bullshit.
Personally, I don't care if someone is a homosexual or not in the military when I go in but talking to some folks currently serving they don't seem comfortable with it for whatever reason(logical or not). Some of us just prefer a unit that runs perfectly and if it has to be for stupid reasons, so be it. It's just a little funny to me that so many people with little to no military experience(even those outside the country) tell us to just "deal with it".
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Surrounded by enemies, a bloody battlefield, bullets flying over your already bandaged head, your eyes blurred by the dust, comrades lying dead around you...

And you can't think of anything else but your brother in arms being gay.

Because there's nothing more important than that.

No matter you're in the middle of a war.

Your partner may be GAY.

GAY.

Maybe you should kill yourself, or run into the enemy screaming like a retarded paladin, just because HE IS GAY.

G-A-Y.

And I wonder why the talibans haven't still organized a gay-pride festival to destroy the moral of every single United States soldier.

Seriously.

S-T-U-P-I-D-S.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Personally, I don't care if someone is a homosexual or not in the military when I go in but talking to some folks currently serving they don't seem comfortable with it for whatever reason(logical or not). Some of us just prefer a unit that runs perfectly and if it has to be for stupid reasons, so be it. It's just a little funny to me that so many people with little to no military experience(even those outside the country) tell us to just "deal with it".
I know plenty of people who aren't comfortable with having to wear fatigues. They'd rather go to war in jeans and a t-shirt, but tough shit.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:46 PM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
The suggestion that trained soldiers would not be able to fight properly if serving with a open homosexual (who they probably know is gay to begin with) is absurd. Quite honestly, if they can't handle serving with a gay person, they have no buisness being asked to do the important work they are doing, it's that simple.
I don't think that that's the only reason. Think of the reason for women not being able to serve on the frontline. Surely the same effect will be felt by homosexuals on the frontline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant
Mostly because what america does stamps a lot of countries with bad images in a vague label called the west, just look at this interpretation of how the iranian leaders see the west
So a few fundamentalists lump us all in together. So what, it's not like it changes matters. We'd likely be against them regardless of the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami
And I wonder why the talibans haven't still organized a gay-pride festival to destroy the moral of every single United States soldier.
Probably because technically they're supposed to kill gays. Of course, their definition of it seems to be different to ours.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Last edited by SomeRandomEvilGuy; 12-18-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBDX...eature=related
What can we do to make the boo-boos better Ashendant? Please help this poor country out...
Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 PM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
What can we do to make the boo-boos better Ashendant? Please help this poor country out...
I like you.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president