Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Ah fair enough, she's not exactly my cup of tea but I suppose I can see why people do support her. I'm not the biggest fan of athletes and music stars who butt their heads into political and social issues because I honestly don't think it is their place to do so. Not saying they can't have an opinion but it's quite hard to take some of them seriously such as Kanye West accusing of George W. Bush not helping people in New Orleans fast enough because they are black
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
jjstraka jjstraka is offline

Arch-Druid
jjstraka's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Ah fair enough, she's not exactly my cup of tea but I suppose I can see why people do support her. I'm not the biggest fan of athletes and music stars who butt their heads into political and social issues because I honestly don't think it is their place to do so. Not saying they can't have an opinion but it's quite hard to take some of them seriously such as Kanye West accusing of George W. Bush not helping people in New Orleans fast enough because they are black
I thought nothing of Lady GaGa UNTIL she decided to used her fame in the fight against DADT, which has cost out military countless Arab linguists when we are fighting a supposed "war on terrorism." I've never understood this policy in the least. Are you telling me that soliders who are trained to kill and being able to deal with the reality of being killed on a day-to-day basis, can't handle the psychological horror of serving with a gay person? It's absurd. And if they can't handle this, quite honestly they don't need to be carrying a gun, because they have the mind of child.
__________________
I used to say "sex, drugs, and rock and roll." As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
I thought nothing of Lady GaGa UNTIL she decided to used her fame in the fight against DADT, which has cost out military countless Arab linguists when we are fighting a supposed "war on terrorism." I've never understood this policy in the least. Are you telling me that soliders who are trained to kill and being able to deal with the reality of being killed on a day-to-day basis, can't handle the psychological horror of serving with a gay person? It's absurd. And if they can't handle this, quite honestly they don't need to be carrying a gun, because they have the mind of child.
What? do you consider lady gaga action over that good or bad?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
jjstraka jjstraka is offline

Arch-Druid
jjstraka's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,160

Default

Well it's pretty clear from the bulk of the post I think it's good. Before she did that I didn't think about her at all. I suppose every generation needs a Madonna clone who makes fun pop songs though.
__________________
I used to say "sex, drugs, and rock and roll." As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
Well it's pretty clear from the bulk of the post I think it's good. Before she did that I didn't think about her at all. I suppose every generation needs a Madonna clone who makes fun pop songs though.
I'm a different kind of person in my thoughts in such that I consider myself a right-leaning Moderate who supports low spending, lower taxes for all but at the same time, I'm also an Atheist and highly support gay rights on MOST issues. I think the whole gay marriage thing is total BS because if two people want to marry and spend the rest of their lives together, who cares! It's not going to affect your personal life in any sort and not to mention, there are tax breaks on married people so I see that as an unfair advantage simply based on your sexual preference. Now onto the military issue, I personally wouldn't have an issue with a homosexual soldier or military member next to me as long as they don't make the issue public all the dang time but realizing that most people can't handle the concept for whatever reason, I'm against it until the majority of people can accept it. At the moment, I just don't think it's the best idea.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,376
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Frankly, I think we should go back to how they did it in sparta. When not fighting, all the soldiers fucked eachother. That way they'd stick together in combat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 PM
jjstraka jjstraka is offline

Arch-Druid
jjstraka's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Frankly, I think we should go back to how they did it in sparta. When not fighting, all the soldiers fucked eachother. That way they'd stick together in combat.
Think of what the movie 300 would have been like if it was accurate......no doubt it would have been seen as gay propoganda lol.
__________________
I used to say "sex, drugs, and rock and roll." As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,376
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
Think of what the movie 300 would have been like if it was accurate......no doubt it would have been seen as gay propoganda lol.
Let's be honest.

300 was already inaccurate because the Spartans wore goddamn pants. Greeks went commando in skirts. This is the culture that invented oiling up 12 year old naked boys and making them wrestle for Herakles' sake.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
jjstraka jjstraka is offline

Arch-Druid
jjstraka's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,160

Default

I thought the movie was complete crap as it was. The acting was laughable, I really didn't care if the Spartans died or not. As far as graphic novel adaptions go, Sin City had it beat hands down. I haven't seen Watchmen.
__________________
I used to say "sex, drugs, and rock and roll." As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,376
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

You know what I love?

My mother's erotica company is already putting together a novella about an erotic rendezvous at an airline security line.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
You know what I love?

My mother's erotica company is already putting together a novella about an erotic rendezvous at an airline security line.
How jaded have I become when I can say that doesn't even surprise me in the slightest?
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default

Finally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12028657

This retarded law got thrown out

Also memes



This may be outdated
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Finally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12028657

This retarded law got thrown out

Also memes



This may be outdated
Just curious why so many people outside America care about how we run our military. Time will tell if this is a great move or not but I think it's going to be a bumpy road for a little bit.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,267

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Just curious why so many people outside America care about how we run our military. Time will tell if this is a great move or not but I think it's going to be a bumpy road for a little bit.
Because the entire world gets affected by the actions of your military.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Yuber8900 Yuber8900 is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Yuber8900's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,659

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Because the entire world gets affected by the actions of your military.
Bwhahahahaha, burn suckers!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Because the entire world gets affected by the actions of your military.
How are you affected by whether our soldiers are openly homosexual or not?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 PM
jjstraka jjstraka is offline

Arch-Druid
jjstraka's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,160

Default

The suggestion that trained soldiers would not be able to fight properly if serving with a open homosexual (who they probably know is gay to begin with) is absurd. Quite honestly, if they can't handle serving with a gay person, they have no buisness being asked to do the important work they are doing, it's that simple. The same argument about "unit cohesion" was used by opponents of having blacks serve in the same units as whites. This is a fantastic day for equal rights in this country, and it should have happend years ago, and the only reason it didn't is America's obsession with puritanical religious bullshit.
__________________
I used to say "sex, drugs, and rock and roll." As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
How are you affected by whether our soldiers are openly homosexual or not?
Mostly because what america does stamps a lot of countries with bad images in a vague label called the west, just look at this interpretation of how the iranian leaders see the west
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBDX...eature=related
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
The suggestion that trained soldiers would not be able to fight properly if serving with a open homosexual (who they probably know is gay to begin with) is absurd. Quite honestly, if they can't handle serving with a gay person, they have no buisness being asked to do the important work they are doing, it's that simple. The same argument about "unit cohesion" was used by opponents of having blacks serve in the same units as whites. This is a fantastic day for equal rights in this country, and it should have happend years ago, and the only reason it didn't is America's obsession with puritanical religious bullshit.
Personally, I don't care if someone is a homosexual or not in the military when I go in but talking to some folks currently serving they don't seem comfortable with it for whatever reason(logical or not). Some of us just prefer a unit that runs perfectly and if it has to be for stupid reasons, so be it. It's just a little funny to me that so many people with little to no military experience(even those outside the country) tell us to just "deal with it".
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,532
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Surrounded by enemies, a bloody battlefield, bullets flying over your already bandaged head, your eyes blurred by the dust, comrades lying dead around you...

And you can't think of anything else but your brother in arms being gay.

Because there's nothing more important than that.

No matter you're in the middle of a war.

Your partner may be GAY.

GAY.

Maybe you should kill yourself, or run into the enemy screaming like a retarded paladin, just because HE IS GAY.

G-A-Y.

...

And I wonder why the talibans haven't still organized a gay-pride festival to destroy the moral of every single United States soldier.

Seriously.

S-T-U-P-I-D-S.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,376
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Personally, I don't care if someone is a homosexual or not in the military when I go in but talking to some folks currently serving they don't seem comfortable with it for whatever reason(logical or not). Some of us just prefer a unit that runs perfectly and if it has to be for stupid reasons, so be it. It's just a little funny to me that so many people with little to no military experience(even those outside the country) tell us to just "deal with it".
I know plenty of people who aren't comfortable with having to wear fatigues. They'd rather go to war in jeans and a t-shirt, but tough shit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
SomeRandomEvilGuy SomeRandomEvilGuy is offline

Eternal
SomeRandomEvilGuy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe
Posts: 2,537

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
The suggestion that trained soldiers would not be able to fight properly if serving with a open homosexual (who they probably know is gay to begin with) is absurd. Quite honestly, if they can't handle serving with a gay person, they have no buisness being asked to do the important work they are doing, it's that simple.
I don't think that that's the only reason. Think of the reason for women not being able to serve on the frontline. Surely the same effect will be felt by homosexuals on the frontline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant
Mostly because what america does stamps a lot of countries with bad images in a vague label called the west, just look at this interpretation of how the iranian leaders see the west
So a few fundamentalists lump us all in together. So what, it's not like it changes matters. We'd likely be against them regardless of the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami
And I wonder why the talibans haven't still organized a gay-pride festival to destroy the moral of every single United States soldier.
Probably because technically they're supposed to kill gays. Of course, their definition of it seems to be different to ours.
__________________
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Last edited by SomeRandomEvilGuy; 12-18-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Mostly because what america does stamps a lot of countries with bad images in a vague label called the west, just look at this interpretation of how the iranian leaders see the west
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBDX...eature=related
What can we do to make the boo-boos better Ashendant? Please help this poor country out...
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
SomeRandomEvilGuy SomeRandomEvilGuy is offline

Eternal
SomeRandomEvilGuy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe
Posts: 2,537

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
What can we do to make the boo-boos better Ashendant? Please help this poor country out...
I like you.
__________________
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.