Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Glaive Thrower

I hope its the final zone in the game. Just make it the most intense, challenging, near maddening array of sights and sounds you could ever fit into one place.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:02 AM

The Sun King

My idea for a Naga starting zone involved Azshara opening the gates to Nyalotha under her palace and releasing the Awakened Dreamers to run amok in the city. As your PC protects the citizens and tries to find out what happened to the empress, they finally find her in the warped, octopus-like form, as she takes a plunge into the darkness bellow. In the end, only a part of Nazjatar remains as a Naga Capital, while the rest is warped together with Nyalotha into a high-level zone "Lower Zin-Azshari".
Old 07-16-2017, 04:41 AM

Sentinel Queen

About Nyalotah :

There is a place on azeroth devoted to sacrifices to Void Lords, where mad things and countless crime were commited, a place with a giant spire ( tower of sacrifice ) and beneath a pit to the void forces / void energies , around it there is a black forest full of dead trees with a giant rook killing things passing by ( ? maybe ), houses that saw what happened in this place.

"There is a little lamb lost in dark woods."
"Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest."
"In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things."
"Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes."
"The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow."
"Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within."
"There is a little lamb lost in dark woods."
"When you walk among the black forest, you will see..."
"This city of elves pales in comparison to the sleeping city..."
"Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples."

I'm more incline to say that there are two version of the same city.
One is sealed underwater, the other one is in the shadowlands.
The titans shattered the connection between the realm of the dead and the physical realm and since the city on the physical realm has been " sleeping "

Why I'm saying that?

> Ill'gynoth say that he will journey to nyalotah when dying if the city is in the physical plane of Azeroth, that makes no sense
> The whispers of Xal atoh and other Old godish stuff keep mentionning death and sacrifices.
"With each thread unraveled, a step closer to my realm..."
"Another blemish on your soul."
"You will rest in Ny'alotha."
"All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured."
"The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous."

> " Even death may die." If you're in the shadowlands, you're already dead. If your soul in the shadowland is sacrificed to the void lords, you're gone forever. Hence, even death may die.

> " There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal. " That may imply that the city is real and not real at the same time. Take for example, the city of Ureh in Diablo. ( [...] for while the rest of Sanctuary believed Ureh to have ascended, it had actually found itself between the mortal and immortal planes, neither living nor dead [...] ) For example, the physical, real city can be empty of life, there is only the city itself in reality, but all of its inhabitant are in the shadowlands. hence the city is sleeping till the path and the connexion to the shadowlands is opened again, making the mixing of both... Horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.

Last edited by engal; 07-16-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-16-2017, 07:53 AM

Keeper of the Grove

I think it would be neat if the city had puzzles that required us to die, probably through specific points or an item that facilitates ritual sacrifice. Plus, Blizzard could hide some nice easter eggs to find.

Tags
old gods did it, speculation