Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16976  
Old 07-13-2017, 11:42 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 41,545

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Hey, fuck you. This in itself is an appeal to emotion, and your bullshit 'doomsayers have been wrong in the past' argument is false fucking equivalence.

Now - from what I've heard, there has indeed been a lot of great work done in recent years by people whose anger and frustration (or 'white hot emotion' as you so dismissively describe it) drove them to their feet in concern for the biosphere and its future. So no, I don't think the human species itself will go extinct by virtue of this recent and ongoing mass extinction. We'll see a lot of shit we care about disappear, and many thousands of human individuals might die as a consequence of our collective recklessness, but the species will survive.

The point is that only people like Skytotem, who perceive how fucked everything is, are actually interested in making things less fucked. All the technology in the world won't save anyone if the people who wield that technology are not moved to action.
There is no reason to get this upset. Just because people don't think the apocalypse is imminent doesn't mean they don't care about the environment. There is a lot of room for optimism and hope without saying the sky is falling. You need a more substantial argument that what has been presented. Be a bit more open minded to dissent.
Reply With Quote
  #16977  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,524

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
There is no reason to get this upset.
Pardon my french. It wasn't meant to convey actual outrage, but I do think we need to clear the air about some of your rhetoric. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Be a bit more open minded to dissent.
You once complained so bitterly about condescension. Saying this sort of thing now makes you look like a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You need a more substantial argument that what has been presented.
And what do you even think is being argued? I agreed with you, for god's sake. The apocalypse isn't imminent. When you say things like this, it sounds like you're just poking for a reaction, belittling an argument that doesn't exist so that your condemnation of my temper can be affirmed.

I know that's probably not the case, just as I hope you know I'm not implicitly close-minded to dissenting opinions. But we've wasted enough words, I think, on this particular confrontation.

It sucks that the Discord has taken so much traffic away from the main site, because now it seems we only meet over things like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #16978  
Old 07-13-2017, 03:17 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 41,545

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Pardon my french. It wasn't meant to convey actual outrage, but I do think we need to clear the air about some of your rhetoric. For example:

You once complained so bitterly about condescension. Saying this sort of thing now makes you look like a hypocrite.

And what do you even think is being argued? I agreed with you, for god's sake. The apocalypse isn't imminent. When you say things like this, it sounds like you're just poking for a reaction, belittling an argument that doesn't exist so that your condemnation of my temper can be affirmed.

I know that's probably not the case, just as I hope you know I'm not implicitly close-minded to dissenting opinions. But we've wasted enough words, I think, on this particular confrontation.

It sucks that the Discord has taken so much traffic away from the main site, because now it seems we only meet over things like this.
I am not disagreeing because I hate the environment or the people it will impact. I don't only care about the kind of chocolates I can consume. I love nature and understand the impact it has on humans. I have volunteered for conservation efforts before and I am deeply interested in green energy. Limiting pollution from systems is a conscious design effort.

I am sorry you think I am being patronizing. Getting a "You don't care," followed by a "Fuck you," I think warranted a more forceful response. It is just hostility. I want an argument more than that I am just an evil person. That is the substance I was asking for.

Yeah I avoid the Discord. I rather play with the Minecraft group.
Reply With Quote
  #16979  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:20 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,735

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
As far as I'm aware the only bees we're actually having a problem keeping around are domesticated honey bees, and they're only responsible for a fraction of total plant pollination. All the other wild species (that apiarists can't make money off of 'cause no harvestable honey) are doing just fine.
Tbh I am not terribly familiar with the issue but a lot of very smart and knowledgeable people are very worried about the possibility of losing honey bees and that is enough to make me concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #16980  
Old 07-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Shekinah Shekinah is offline

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panda Land
Posts: 2,114

Mana

Not only are honey bee populations dying, but so are monarch butterfly populations. Two major pollinators right there.

Ecology is a-changing.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
  #16981  
Old 07-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,524

Orb of Lightning

It particularly sucks because last I checked we haven't even figured out how Monarch Butterfly migration cycles work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #16982  
Old 07-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,627

Default

I met a pretty receptionist in the fitness gym and told her she was so pretty, she looks quite happy said it was sweet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16983  
Old 07-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,372

Default

So I ended up accidentally tearing out a small portion of a stitch yesterday. About as wide as a fingernail. I don't know how I did it, as I wasn't rubbing my eye, I was very lightly dabbing a tissue on an area that itched (feather touches) and when it came away I felt a kind of hard material and went "...that's not an eyelash." Thankfully most the incision seems to have healed together and there's still the rest of the sutures, but still, it had me worry because I'm a bit of a hypochondriac at times (better now than I used to be, though).

I figure I probably tore it in my sleep as I sleep mashed face first into my pillow, so I got an eyepatch that I'm gonna try wearing when I sleep. But I'm still worried about infection and shit. And right now I've got a bit of an ache in my lower neck, and my mind immediately goes to meningitis. And like an idiot, I look up the symptoms and while it did calm me (my neck isn't rigid, I'm not sensitive to light or sound, no headache, no rash) it still makes me a bit worried.

Least I didn't convince myself I got poisoned like I did before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I met a pretty receptionist in the fitness gym and told her she was so pretty, she looks quite happy said it was sweet.
Aww
Reply With Quote
  #16984  
Old 07-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,059

Default

Call your doctor and ask for advice on the stitch
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16985  
Old 07-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,372

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Call your doctor and ask for advice on the stitch
I did on Friday but unfortunately he was out by the time it happened, and now its the weekend, so earliest I can get him is Monday.

Figured so long as the other stitches are still in and I'm not actively bleeding or my eyelid is suddenly coming undone, I should be ok to hold out 'til then.

Should I suddenly start bleeding/eyelid just falls apart/I start experiencing great pain there, though, I'll get to the hospital (or get my little brother to drive me if I can't drive myself). Seems fine right now, just itches like normal. And the bit of pain in my neck is mostly gone too, was just a bit of a crick.
Reply With Quote
  #16986  
Old 07-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I did on Friday but unfortunately he was out by the time it happened, and now its the weekend, so earliest I can get him is Monday.

Figured so long as the other stitches are still in and I'm not actively bleeding or my eyelid is suddenly coming undone, I should be ok to hold out 'til then.

Should I suddenly start bleeding/eyelid just falls apart/I start experiencing great pain there, though, I'll get to the hospital (or get my little brother to drive me if I can't drive myself). Seems fine right now, just itches like normal. And the bit of pain in my neck is mostly gone too, was just a bit of a crick.
Sounds good, hope it all pans out okay.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16987  
Old 07-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Elune
Gurzog's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,233
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Broccoli tastes good. And finally my CHeeks are losing fat.

went out to celebrate the #1 reserve thing and shit so drank some beers. with my buddy. then we noticed that he gets loads of Hot girls (like 6-8/10s) on tinder to like him.

While I only got Foreign chads. to like me.

So i am attracting Gay men.

wtf

Anyway starting gymming more and stuff. Also found out my friend is a mini chad.
__________________
Btag is Hulk#23939

Last edited by Gurzog; 07-15-2017 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16988  
Old 07-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,372

Default

Got my remaining stitches out, healing nicely. May likely have a small scar by my eye but that's ok. I can scratch it finally!

(Softly, don't want to tear at it still, but the fact that I can even touch it now is so much better)
Reply With Quote
  #16989  
Old 07-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Mending Mending is offline

Warden
Mending's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 742

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Got my remaining stitches out, healing nicely. May likely have a small scar by my eye but that's ok. I can scratch it finally!

(Softly, don't want to tear at it still, but the fact that I can even touch it now is so much better)
That's great to hear!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
realspace, spam thread 3.1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.