Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 07-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Mutters, the sea dragons did come to the merfolk, but only after they had already been transformed. Those who accepted to serve them would go on to become the Naga.
It seems odd someone or something would transform the humans to merfolk and then just let the sea dragons swoop in afterwards.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 07-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,524

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Perhaps not involved in the war itself but they took note of the war and moved in to pursue their interests in the aftermath
I'd really prefer to keep actual gods out of my Fall of Rome analog. If dragons want to capitalize on the fallout, that's fine, but this is meant to be a conflict of mortal nations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
(@Anansi, this likely coincides with Verz if he and the others make it off Istos)
Damn you for reminding me about the Chronicle. It's still my go, isn't it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Mutters, the sea dragons did come to the merfolk, but only after they had already been transformed.
Why must you make this so difficult?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
It seems odd someone or something would transform the humans to merfolk and then just let the sea dragons swoop in afterwards.
This.

What do you even propose made them turn into merfolk, Ethy, if not their own hubris or sea dragons?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I'd really prefer to keep actual gods out of my Fall of Rome analog. If dragons want to capitalize on the fallout, that's fine, but this is meant to be a conflict of mortal nations.




Damn you for reminding me about the Chronicle. It's still my go, isn't it?
1. Fair, dragons are looking like the best bet then.


2. It is, but no worries I know you've got stuff goin' on.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM
Ethenil Ethenil is online now

Arch-Druid
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,270

Default

I... Really don't know. It had to be something vastly powerful...
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,524

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I... Really don't know. It had to be something vastly powerful...
You underestimate [humanity's] power.

But if you want something less natural, I think magic dragons are probably your best bet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I... Really don't know. It had to be something vastly powerful...
I'm really thinking the sea dragons are your best bet here, rather than having something transform the humans for some reason, and then not interact with them afterwards.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
collaboration, creative, worldbuilding

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.