Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 08-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Default Hearthstone Deck Rating

I wasn't too sure if a topic like this has come up before: but I thought it might be fun to post some of our decks and get them rated by our fellow forum goers. We're not a big community; so I'm not sure how popular this is going to be -- but hopefully we'll have some fun.

To start us off; with the revelation of Avianna I started working on a ramp/control Druid deck that basically focused on getting as many big minions out as possible.

This is the version I'm using right now before TGT comes out:

Attack of the Ancients

I used to have Chromaggus but I replaced him with Cairne because I thought it'd help counter removal. Druid of the Claw helps with stall a little bit (should maybe replace with some Sludge Belchers).

I haven't found Kel'thuzad all that useful, but in theory he's really good. Obviously I'm including all the other druid staples. Wrath, Innervate, Keeper of the Grove, then the Druid ramp staples in Wild Growth, and so forth.

And that's my main deck right now. I might post a couple of others I've made just to get us rolling.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:58 AM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Here's my favorite deck right now, it's a greed priest deck running two lightbombs and two mind controls.

Greed is Good
Old 08-12-2015, 08:20 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Ferocious Assault!

This is a theory-crafting deck based off of some new TGT cards.

Kind of an attempt at zoo druid. Mixed with barraging your opponent with the hero power.

Astral Communion because you tend to have no hand with zoo decks.

It feels kind of incomplete, though. But I think it could be a fun idea.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:18 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Okay so this concept didn't quite take off like I wanted it to. And now I'm double-posting like crazy. But oh well. Ever onward.

A Hunter's Arsenal

I feel like this one needs some work. I like it conceptually, but I think it's kind of two decks combined into one.

Basically, the concept of this deck is to make use of Acidmaw to turn all of the Hunter burn cards into insta-killers. The only problem I have is... Acidmaw is so weak. And there's really no way to protect him. Explosive trap may now be a board clear, but who would attack the enemy hero before attacking dreadmaw? Especially if there's a secret up. I think Freezing Trap helps with this a little bit; but otherwise...

I think Acidmaw may be a little, tiny bit too expensive to work. If it was even a 5 or 6 cost card it'd be amazing. I think since this deck is so spell-heavy it does allow for some fun King's Elekk play. All the monsters in it are pretty much summoned by spells, so there's almost no way to lose a joust unless you're up against another slow deck or you pull the other King's Elekk or Dreadscale.

There is tons of synergy in this deck, but it might be too slow, and it might not work.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM

I've been meaning to spend an afternoon trying out your decks but I've been swamped! Soon though and I'll post reviews!

Last edited by Porimlys; 08-17-2015 at 10:17 PM..
Old 08-14-2015, 07:27 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

They`re really not that great tbh. xD And until TGT only one of them can even be played.

But I just think it`d be fun to discuss and improve deck concepts.

Here`s another TGT Druid.

Druids of the Wild

The new beast support for druid is really great. This deck is intended as a semi-control deck. Basically play lots of big minions for cheap and take advantage of the beast synergy.

Again, not sure if this works. No taunt, no AoE removal at all really. But i think the minions themselves have enough health to make good trades with the opponent and keep up some momentum.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 PM

Few games into your druid deck and it seems to really be lacking hard counters. A large amount of large minions will win if you can get them out before the other player sets up anything, or if you can survive their plays till the end; but lacking decent taunts and removal, that's going to be a rare scenario. I lost to a otk paladin buffing their shade of naxxramas, that's generally not a great sign. Healing touch is just not enough sustain.

If you do manage to last to the end turns, Tree of Life and abundance of tough minions is a lot of fun!

Note: I don't have cenarius. Also worth noting I very rarely play druid.

I like the faceless, I miss running this card, but you probably only need one.

Last edited by Porimlys; 08-18-2015 at 07:48 PM..
Old 08-18-2015, 12:49 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Thanks for trying it out!

I agree with the criticisms and have made some changes since.

I like Grove Tender, but I think 2 is too many.

Here's the update:

Attack of the Ancients (Pre-TGT)

Here's my planned TGT version:

Attack of the Ancients (Post-TGT)

Feel stronger about the pre-TGT version tbh. I think Savage Combatant is a really good card, though.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:24 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Dreadsteed was so much fun in the weekly brawl I thought I'd try my hand at making a dreadsteed/swarm-type deck.

Endless Demons

I think it needs a lot of work (mostly because I know little of Warlock and haven't been able to test it due to lack of Mal'ganis) but I think in theory it's sound.