Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 09-07-2015, 01:50 PM

Eternal

Ahn'qiraj adventure with ruins+gates
- New creature type: Insectoid
- Previous creatures like Nerubian or Anub'arak get labeled as this
- New effect: Burrowing, passively avoids all AoE attacks
- Funny C'thun whispers throughout the raid
Old 09-07-2015, 01:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Warlords of draenor is next.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Warlords of draenor is next.
You joke but the demon expansion is actually even more likely than I thought if they go for some cross-game promotion stuff with Legion.

Some more ideas:

-Water expansion, would feature naga (maybe a midrange tribe, maybe just a as a main thematic), various aquatic creatures and races, navies both national and pirates... just everything about the seas. Would have 1-2 new keywords that fit the theme, maybe Submerge that makes the minion untargetable in some way, Ambush - does something on first attack.
Maybe even add terrain as a new kind of card or spell. You know, watery terrain buffs some minion, fiery others, etc, etc. Though that is unlikely in HS.

-Troll expansion or adventure (check out Nox and Chiv's fan made Zul'gurub adventure). Like in their vision trolls MUST be a tribe, a very synergistic midrange tribe (it's kinda what is missing). So yeah, trolls, troll weapons, troll voodoo... all the trolls all the time.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:52 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Ahn'qiraj adventure with ruins+gates
- New creature type: Insectoid
- Previous creatures like Nerubian or Anub'arak get labeled as this
- New effect: Burrowing, passively avoids all AoE attacks
- Funny C'thun whispers throughout the raid
I hope Nerubians and especially Anub'arak are part of an Undead tribe.

I want ICC eventually, but not next. Next could be... Black Temple, Siege of Orgrimmar... I'm not even sure. They might have to start making them up.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:37 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

I'd love like a Sha Hunt adventure, or Throne of Thunder or something. More Pandaria cards would be awesome.

The seven prime Sha would make some pretty cool legendaries I think
Old 09-08-2015, 12:54 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
I'd love like a Sha Hunt adventure, or Throne of Thunder or something. More Pandaria cards would be awesome.

The seven prime Sha would make some pretty cool legendaries I think
Oh yeah, Throne of Thunder would be awesome actually.

We could finally get a Lor'themor card.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post

I want ICC eventually, but not next. Next could be... Black Temple, Siege of Orgrimmar... I'm not even sure. They might have to start making them up.
After TGT I think we can fairly safely say they can make expansions out of just about anything.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:26 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post

We'll probably have dual-tribe creatures eventually.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-12-2015, 09:19 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
After TGT I think we can fairly safely say they can make expansions out of just about anything.
TGT was a pretty huge raid tier (it was really two patches of content -- part of the reason we hated it so much) in one of their most famous expansions. Which had a very light-hearted bent.

If anything I'd say it was a perfect concept.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Undead Icon (War3)

They have to add Death Knights to the game though. Adding them as a new new main feature after The Grand Tournament would make sense.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM

Eternal

I used to be of the mind they should add DKs but for the longevity of the game it would be more of a hindrance. They want Hearthstone to go on forever. By not adding DK then all those would be neutral cards they can add over time.

If they add Death Knight that means it's more of a limit long-term. First the base cards that need to be added, the new cards every expansion for 10 classes instead of 9 as well as they have to make it more unique which could easily be something they can add to neutral cards that everyone can use (like jousting). Not to say it would be impossible, but for the sake of keeping hearthstone going longer without being more imbalanced than it is with 9 classes and having more cards around it'd be better.

There's also no lore reason for the order they go about things, since we went from Naxxramas to Blackrock mountain which had us go straight from classic BWL to Cataclysm BWD. Player fatigue will have a bigger influence on what's next and it may be awhile till we see the next undead adventure since we had Naxx.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:53 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I don't think Death Knights are out of the question, they just need to figure out a good model for how to add them.

More neutral cards aren't really a great idea. I don't think it makes sense to add it with a set, though.

A specific adventure would make more sense than anything.

Like...

Archerus, a Hearthstone Adventure. And you'd play that specifically to unlock the Death Knight class.

And by playing through it that's how you get the whole base set, which would be a little more extensive than the base set of the other classes. Probably a set of legendary cards; etc. etc.

Last edited by Aldrius; 09-12-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Old 11-03-2015, 04:18 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

How about an elemental planes expansion? Each plane is a wing. That would be pretty neat. The planes are gorgeous and would make for a nice game board too!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Most of the Lords are already legendaries, and normally that's what you're rewarded with by beating the wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Most of the Lords are already legendaries, and normally that's what you're rewarded with by beating the wing.
Yeah that's the only problem. Although, not all the Lords would be bosses. The Abyssal Maw could end with Ozumat.

I just think elementals are a really cool expansion theme.

EDIT: Draenor furies could get a Throne of the Elements wing too.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Kara, Ulduar, or maybe Black Temple, to tie in with Legion? You could have the final wing reward a Maiev card.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:13 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I used to be of the mind they should add DKs but for the longevity of the game it would be more of a hindrance. They want Hearthstone to go on forever. By not adding DK then all those would be neutral cards they can add over time.

If they add Death Knight that means it's more of a limit long-term. First the base cards that need to be added, the new cards every expansion for 10 classes instead of 9 as well as they have to make it more unique which could easily be something they can add to neutral cards that everyone can use (like jousting). Not to say it would be impossible, but for the sake of keeping hearthstone going longer without being more imbalanced than it is with 9 classes and having more cards around it'd be better.

There's also no lore reason for the order they go about things, since we went from Naxxramas to Blackrock mountain which had us go straight from classic BWL to Cataclysm BWD. Player fatigue will have a bigger influence on what's next and it may be awhile till we see the next undead adventure since we had Naxx.
Maybe heroic classes could simply have to pick from the cards of two normal classes (Warlock and Warrior in the case of the Death Knight). That way they wouldn't need a new set of class cards.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:47 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrettin View Post
Maybe heroic classes could simply have to pick from the cards of two normal classes (Warlock and Warrior in the case of the Death Knight). That way they wouldn't need a new set of class cards.
Sounds pretty disastrous, I think it would be safer to just add an entire new set.

Tags
gameplay, hearthstone