Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Eternal

I'm just really hoping they changed their minds and Chronicle 3 focuses really on post-Second War events up until the lead up to Vanilla.

I feel lile trying to fit all of WC3 and WoW into one book is just going to end up even more vague than Chronicle 2 was, which already dropped a lot of events and characters.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:59 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I'm just really hoping they changed their minds and Chronicle 3 focuses really on post-Second War events up until the lead up to Vanilla.

I feel lile trying to fit all of WC3 and WoW into one book is just going to end up even more vague than Chronicle 2 was, which already dropped a lot of events and characters.
That's something I don't get, the books have been successful so far haven't they? You'd think making more of them and going into deeper detail would be a license to print money.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
That's something I don't get, the books have been successful so far haven't they? You'd think making more of them and going into deeper detail would be a license to print money.
Do we have numbers ?
Blizzard might make them at a loss because it's a job they have to do anyway to manage their cannon.
Or they might make money but blizzard has better use of the team time working. On new things.
Of the sales numbers might be decreasing for the second opus and they don't think the numbers will be there after three books.
Of they need the team to do a chronicles equivalent for Rock and Roll' racing.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:15 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I don't think anyone would have seen that coming. Maybe they'll go into more detail about what the night elves were doing when the focus was on the alliance and horde?
I wonder if it might go deeper. Start detailing stuff that was hinted at in Legion. Stuff like Elune creating Naaru. Deeper history of the cosmos than what we already got in Chronicle. What the hell Elune even is. History within the Twisting Nether (if a place outside of time can be said to have history).
Old 07-17-2017, 11:24 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Do we have numbers ?
Blizzard might make them at a loss because it's a job they have to do anyway to manage their cannon.
Or they might make money but blizzard has better use of the team time working. On new things.
Of the sales numbers might be decreasing for the second opus and they don't think the numbers will be there after three books.
Of they need the team to do a chronicles equivalent for Rock and Roll' racing.
if they're making them at a loss when they seemingly sell out very quickly, then something's wrong with either the folks making the books or pricing them.

I can agree though they may think numbers might not be there for a third or that they wanna put folks on other projects and such.

I would pay MAD CASH MONIES for a Chronicles equivalent to Rock and Roll Racing.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
You should believe absolutely zero 'leaks' between now and 5 months from now.
World of Warcraft: Into the Mouth of Madness

Azeroth has gone terminal. With the aid of the old god's servants, the Legion has distracted the heroes of Azeroth for too long. Now, the youngest of titans is dying, its heart consumed by the cancer that is N'zoth. Feeding on its life energies, the ancient god has grown into a vast tumor that is expanding across the seas, unleashing monstrosities of flesh and madness upon the surface. Only by entering the creature's body is there any hope of stopping the consumption of Azeroth.

New continent: The Cancer. The body of a malignant old god, now spreading across the seas of Azeroth. Vast realms of flesh and horror have been formed within its body, creating several unique biomes with their own populaces. The Pungent Corridor, Nightveil Abyss, Halls of Rot and Roiling Mass serve as levelling zones, with the Heart of Darkness serving as a top-level zone. In addition to these new zones, the alliance and horde will get unique starter experiences based on the Lost Isles and Balor.

New Races:

Hobgoblins. A new breed of hobgoblins has been created by the mad scientists of Azshara. Strong of body and keen of mind, they were created to be the perfect servants. Unfortunately for their creators, the hobgoblins have little inclination to serve anyone, instead seeking their own path in the world.

Halflings. Balor's populace has long been noted for its diversity, with humans, dwarves, gnomes and high elves all having settled their centuries ago. Over the ages, these populaces mixed together into a stable genome: The Halfling. Slightly shorter than a dwarf, though much slighter, with pointed ears and softly glowing eyes, these creatures mix the best traits of the alliance into one.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:43 AM

Keeper of the Grove

I mean, Medivh was on the cover of volume 1 when he really didn't do anything in that volume. I don't think the character on the cover means much.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Someone go on Twitter and ask Matt Burns if they've reconsidere covering too much stuff.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post

Azeroth has gone terminal. With the aid of the old god's servants, the Legion has distracted the heroes of Azeroth for too long. Now, the youngest of titans is dying, its heart consumed by the cancer that is N'zoth. Feeding on its life energies, the ancient god has grown into a vast tumor that is expanding across the seas, unleashing monstrosities of flesh and madness upon the surface. Only by entering the creature's body is there any hope of stopping the consumption of Azeroth.

New continent: The Cancer. The body of a malignant old god, now spreading across the seas of Azeroth. Vast realms of flesh and horror have been formed within its body, creating several unique biomes with their own populaces. The Pungent Corridor, Nightveil Abyss, Halls of Rot and Roiling Mass serve as levelling zones, with the Heart of Darkness serving as a top-level zone. In addition to these new zones, the alliance and horde will get unique starter experiences based on the Lost Isles and Balor.

New Races:

Hobgoblins. A new breed of hobgoblins has been created by the mad scientists of Azshara. Strong of body and keen of mind, they were created to be the perfect servants. Unfortunately for their creators, the hobgoblins have little inclination to serve anyone, instead seeking their own path in the world.

Halflings. Balor's populace has long been noted for its diversity, with humans, dwarves, gnomes and high elves all having settled their centuries ago. Over the ages, these populaces mixed together into a stable genome: The Halfling. Slightly shorter than a dwarf, though much slighter, with pointed ears and softly glowing eyes, these creatures mix the best traits of the alliance into one.
Um. Source?
Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Um. Source?
The usual source.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:56 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Um. Source?
Jiffy and Nazja pull from alternate universes a lot of the time.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM

Priestess of the Moon

I wouldn't mind Halflings in the Warcraft universe. Especially in -THAT- incantation; seems like a rather interesting concept.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:20 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Just to be clear, the source I'm talking about is IJff's parasitic pink hat.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:50 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornedale View Post
Yes, it's called Warcraft III, and there's a fantastic expansion for it.
Really? I heard it was good, but then they rewrote half of it recently, and retconned the other out entirely.

Just your daily reminder that Maiev was right.
F.E.A.R
Fuck everyone and run
Old 07-17-2017, 01:52 PM

Warden

Just to be clear on my end, I was kidding Playable halflings? Ludicrous! Then again.... that could be what the hat wants me to think...........
Old 07-17-2017, 04:23 PM

Owl Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post

I've talked with friend about that idea and to be honest, it's the best way to present N'zoth (well, at last raid or last zone as N'zoth, not necessary whole cintinent).
Old 07-17-2017, 07:53 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPlayer View Post
I've talked with friend about that idea and to be honest, it's the best way to present N'zoth (well, at last raid or last zone as N'zoth, not necessary whole cintinent).
Fantastic Voyage, Azeroth style! Though in implementation we'd probably just tromp through quishy, gory looking areas.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Fantastic Voyage, Azeroth style! Though in implementation we'd probably just tromp through quishy, gory looking areas.
Nah they can probably get creative, cities literally carved out of bones, piles of half-digested ships and castles. Alien looking organs that generate immune system monsters.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Rock n’ Roll Racing was the best game Blizzard has ever made.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:55 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
Rock n’ Roll Racing was the best game Blizzard has ever made.
Someone (was it you?) mentioned Blizz ought to do a Chronicle Book for Rock n' Roll racing, mostly as a joke but now I think it'd make a fun project for the forum.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 11:47 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Someone (was it you?) mentioned Blizz ought to do a Chronicle Book for Rock n' Roll racing, mostly as a joke but now I think it'd make a fun project for the forum.
It was Reinhardt. But I won’t say no to a Rock n’ Roll Racing Chronicle, and I doubt anyone would.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:30 PM

Arch-Druid

So a legion world is called Rancora, home of the Aransai.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM

Eternal

According to spells both Xal'atath and Thal'kiel will have 6 lines of dialogue for the new raid and 3 in the new dungeon each. No Aluneth spells, in this build at least.

New mount lore:
Quote:
Lightforged Warframe: The Army of the Light conducts quick, brutal hit-and-run attacks using these agile war machines.

Antoron Char/gloomhounds:
Sargeras' own hound was maybe once a felstalker, but over the years the Dark Titan reforged and reshaped his companion into something much more powerful. When, at last, he was pleased with his creation, he set about creating more of the hounds, and imbuing them with shadow and flame.

Felglow Mana Ray/Maddened Chaos Runner:
The Army of the Light could only save so many of Argus' native species; coundless numbers were lost to chaos.

All other Mana Rays:
Some of the natural wildlife of Argus, like the mana ray, has survived and adapted to life on the shattered world.

All other Talbuks:
Talbuks, native to Argus, have evolved chitinous plates to survive the decades of ceaseless war that ravages the landscape.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 07-18-2017, 03:45 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Armies of Legionfall and the Army of the Light have emissary days now, and emissaries stock up to 4 instead of 3.

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion