Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 07-16-2017, 04:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
2. Oh now this could actually make a bit of interesting interaction. We could have them be an enemy of the empire, or a province. Have we discussed yet what caused the sinking? The notion of moving the capital there might be interesting to explore though Anansi's volcano idea is cool too. Of course some ancient empire's had two capitals, or moved them over time... perhaps it could even be a point of scholarly debate? I'm sure the ancient empire had multiple big cities so which one was the capital based on old records could be a point of contention.
My initial thought is that it could have been not only part of the Empire of Xaxalin, but its center, though we can choose anything really.

Maybe one of them was de actual de jure capital but the other was home to powerful mages and such; imagine one was Capital City and the other Dalaran, and there was contention between the two. So the city that is now a volcano was the actual capital, and the sunken one the mage's city.

Maybe the ghost/vampire/werewolf stuff was a result of all of this, yes.

Quote:
True, we need to pick out the spot that happened. Perhaps the area once run by the dwarves has been resettled by humans, or now sits abandoned but inside the borders of one of the human territories?
Let's wait and see what Anansi thinks.

Last edited by Ethenil; 07-16-2017 at 04:51 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
I'm thinking to keep the population under control new trolls only grow out of troll parts when the main troll dies. Otherwise they stick to the usual reproduction method.
Nah, nah, first of all that's gross, and second of all it means we can't have trolls shelving off of ancient sleepers.

Quote:
Interesting concepts. Elfs originating from 'elsewhere' might be an interesting tradition/trope to explore. Old School Gentry Fae developing or begetting a more numerous mortal variant might be neat.
On the other hand, I also like the idea of the classical fae messing around with people. We can probably figure something out so we can have elves and elves at the same time, right?

Quote:
1. I like it, though rather than human treachery specifically, I'd lean towards it being the usual socio-political pressures. Humans feel they're getting a raw deal maybe, or that the elves or dwarves didn't do right by them. Better than simple power-hunger.
But power-hungry recklessness is one of humanity's core values!

I'm sure the propaganda of the time made it clear why humanity had to take back what rightfully belonged to them, but I like the idea of one treacherous human causing such a massive empire to collapse.

Quote:
Having it turn into the Volcano is excellent, though I imagine some of it survived surprisingly well preserved, either through magic or fluke of physics. Perhaps there are some 'cities' that were once merely districts of that grand capital, other areas may be inhabited by dregs of society or other species, or straight up monsters.
Yeah, that could work.

Quote:
2. Agreed, I just want them to have a bit more real-estate than Nulawa provides.
Nulawa is still pretty big.

Quote:
3. Inca probably works better than the mayincatec style for this one then, since most of those pyramids were made in the jungle rather than mountaintop. Consider though, rather than worshipping dragon gods, this might be a good way to play out the dragons old depiction of hoarding treasure and magic items with battling against dwarves who mine and trade and manufacture. Maybe keep the sacrifice oriented folks as a cult / political party or some other form of internal antagonists.
There's plenty of room for dragon-hating in the Xaxalin empires. I think it makes sense to give this fringe civilization its own wacky system of beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
- How would you like the empire that sank into the ocean to relate to the Empire of Xaxalin? Could the sunken part have been the center of the empire and have housed its capital? The main-type of merfolk might today live inside the ruins of this wondrous capital.

- How long ago are we talking about here for this great empire to have fallen?
I figure these questions need to be connected. How long ago did your merfolk sink the northlands?

Quote:
- On the continent itself, there are two things that have to fit in that haven't been mentioned:

1) One used to be (long after the Great Empire fell) a nation that was settled between the ocean (that used to be land) and a tall mountain range. They were geomancers (maybe dwarves) that would not disturb the mountain itself (due to some military or religious reason), so they didn't have flat land to farm. What the geomancers did was raise lands from the depths of the sea, opening it up for agriculture, and setting up some villages. Obviously, this angered the merfolk, and they went to war.

Although the merfolk promptly destroyed any coastal settlement, they couldn't really get much in-land, so the geomancers capital brought in the brightest minds and mages to prepare some counter attack. What they didn't forsee was for the merfolk to unite, and together, conjure a massive wave that went all the way in-land and destroyed the capital, and any surrounding towns.

Thus the geomancer kingdom was destroyed and most of the standard merfolk kind united into an undersea empire. Today, the ruins of this kingdom serve as a warning to those that would stand in the merfolk's way. Although such a magical feat would be probably impossible to do today, no one wants to risk it.

The dwarves themselves never managed to recover in that kingdom due to most of the geomancers having been at the capital when the thing happened. Today, the lands that were risen by the dwarves still hold some unsunken ruins of the Old great empire, so treasure-seekers might want to come here.

I'd like to know how this could relate to the other dwarves you people have thought of in Xaxalin.
Okay, so how's about this.

During the civil war, the human member states still loyal to their emperor were gradually pushed back against the sea, and their geomancers raised the seabed to give their people more room to regroup. They thought they'd be safe in their new lowlands, but instead they just got drowned by the merfolk.

Yeah, I think they should be humans rather than dwarves. Dwarves are more traditionally 'earthy,' but there's no reason humans shouldn't have powerful geomancers as well.

Quote:
2) About the Naga:

Now, there has to be a place in Xaxalin where the fire-naga have their realm. It seems like the Inca stuff you guys want fits with them.
So maybe they're the ones who corrupted the Dwarves of the Spine, and tricked them into worshiping big stupid lizards. Yeah, so let's put them in western Nulawa.

Quote:
2. Oh now this could actually make a bit of interesting interaction. We could have them be an enemy of the empire, or a province. Have we discussed yet what caused the sinking? The notion of moving the capital there might be interesting to explore though Anansi's volcano idea is cool too. Of course some ancient empire's had two capitals, or moved them over time... perhaps it could even be a point of scholarly debate? I'm sure the ancient empire had multiple big cities so which one was the capital based on old records could be a point of contention.
I figure the 'capital' of Xaxalin was all over the place during the period historians debate for the Fall. Sometimes it was in multiple places at once, depending on who you asked. The destruction of the Imperial City was the last time the empire had a single, definite center of power to fight over, and even before that there were false Romes sprouting up in the colonies.

It's probably important to mention that many of the pretenders and potential successor states to the original empire consisted of multiracial alliances who banded together in defiance of the nationalist policies of their 'racial leaders.' We don't want a goddamn Varian on our hands. So even though the Traitor Emperor and certain dwarf- and elf-lords tried to seize absolute power in the chaos, there were also plenty of humans, dwarves, and elves who broke with their liege lords and gathered in miniature coalitions in imitation of the shattered Empire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:35 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Nah, nah, first of all that's gross, and second of all it means we can't have trolls shelving off of ancient sleepers.

On the other hand, I also like the idea of the classical fae messing around with people. We can probably figure something out so we can have elves and elves at the same time, right?
1. Fair, I do like the notion of older trolls shelving off new ones.

2. I imagine these elven precursors still exist, we can probably figure out a proper name but for now I'll call them the Gentry, like from Changeling the Lost.

Quote:
But power-hungry recklessness is one of humanity's core values!

I'm sure the propaganda of the time made it clear why humanity had to take back what rightfully belonged to them, but I like the idea of one treacherous human causing such a massive empire to collapse.

Yeah, that could work.

Nulawa is still pretty big.
1. Agreed, but is it really a good empire if one powerhungry person can destroy it? It had to have other problems prior to them.

2. Gives lots of room for dungeon delving and exploration and lost macguffins being found.

3. True, in the grand scheme of things it's not bad, but I stand by my belief that it needs more real-estate, either on the south end of Xaxalin that Aneurysm has yet to map out if the east doesn't have room, or on another continent (They may fit with some ideas for western Althesar I've had)

Quote:
There's plenty of room for dragon-hating in the Xaxalin empires. I think it makes sense to give this fringe civilization its own wacky system of beliefs.

I figure these questions need to be connected. How long ago did your merfolk sink the northlands?

Okay, so how's about this.

During the civil war, the human member states still loyal to their emperor were gradually pushed back against the sea, and their geomancers raised the seabed to give their people more room to regroup. They thought they'd be safe in their new lowlands, but instead they just got drowned by the merfolk.

Yeah, I think they should be humans rather than dwarves. Dwarves are more traditionally 'earthy,' but there's no reason humans shouldn't have powerful geomancers as well.

So maybe they're the ones who corrupted the Dwarves of the Spine, and tricked them into worshiping big stupid lizards. Yeah, so let's put them in western Nulawa.
1. Fair enough, that allows the anti-dragon folks to be a minority there but more prominent in other lands, and can lead to some interesting interactions.

2. To clarify, they didn't sink the northlands, they were inhabitants of the northlands and appear to have changed when it got sunk, and then hit another area with a tidal wave but it didn't 'sink'. I think there's a disconnect here where Eth is picturing the sinking and transformation of the merfolk being kicked-off by the collapse of the empire.

3. I do like the Naga interacting with the dwarves of the Spine, lots of good political webs to weave there. We should probably design some of the specific dragons involved soon.

Quote:
I figure the 'capital' of Xaxalin was all over the place during the period historians debate for the Fall. Sometimes it was in multiple places at once, depending on who you asked. The destruction of the Imperial City was the last time the empire had a single, definite center of power to fight over, and even before that there were false Romes sprouting up in the colonies.

It's probably important to mention that many of the pretenders and potential successor states to the original empire consisted of multiracial alliances who banded together in defiance of the nationalist policies of their 'racial leaders.' We don't want a goddamn Varian on our hands. So even though the Traitor Emperor and certain dwarf- and elf-lords tried to seize absolute power in the chaos, there were also plenty of humans, dwarves, and elves who broke with their liege lords and gathered in miniature coalitions in imitation of the shattered Empire.
Agreed, allows it to jump around a bit. Also allows the foundations of modern successor states to show up.

How do you feel about the area that became the merfolk settlement/sunken continent being the old magical hub of the empire?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-16-2017, 08:52 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
1. Agreed, but is it really a good empire if one powerhungry person can destroy it? It had to have other problems prior to them.
Yeah, that's the problem. We'll need to give some thought to the various forces which must have been present to make the Fall not only possible, but by some accounts inevitable.

Quote:
How do you feel about the area that became the merfolk settlement/sunken continent being the old magical hub of the empire?
I still say it should have been raised by the retreating armies of the Traitor Emperor, only to be washed away by angry merfolk hydromancers, displaced by the falling sea levels. It probably didn't even exist until well into the Fall of Xaxalin.

I think the Imperial City would have been the magical center of the Empire, but there were certainly other powerful mage states throughout the Empire.

I think it might be interesting if nobody actually knows which side destroyed the City.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 09:10 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Yeah, that's the problem. We'll need to give some thought to the various forces which must have been present to make the Fall not only possible, but by some accounts inevitable.

I still say it should have been raised by the retreating armies of the Traitor Emperor, only to be washed away by angry merfolk hydromancers, displaced by the falling sea levels. It probably didn't even exist until well into the Fall of Xaxalin.

I think the Imperial City would have been the magical center of the Empire, but there were certainly other powerful mage states throughout the Empire.

I think it might be interesting if nobody actually knows which side destroyed the City.
1. One possible factor... They won. There were no major external threats. They crushed the early orc/goblin/etc forces*, they were well-defended enough that dragons found it easier to trade with the nobles and magic users rather than raid the place. Other nations were either beaten, friendly or focused elsewhere.

*Maybe the start of enslaving them was part of what contributed to the decline? Or happened during/as a result of the decline?

2. Well we'll see what Eth thinks and find something that works.

I do like the notion of no one knowing for sure, or rather, lots of people 'knowing' but there being no consensus.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-16-2017, 09:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Anansi, the merfolk were only created after the land sank and its denizens were transformed. Like the Naga in WoW.

The main idea right now is that the capital itself of the Empire's was on what is now volcano, while the greatest city and magical hub was in the center of what sank. Anyway, I Don want it to have held just a city or a region of the empire, I want it to have held one of the most important places, if not the very center.

Now as for why it sank, it may be either cause, consequence, both or neither of the civil war.

Last edited by Ethenil; 07-16-2017 at 09:16 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 09:20 PM

World Builder

Thinking about it... it wouldn't make sense to raise land behind you to retreat to, the raised seabed would be salty and unsuitable for farming, little in the way of game, it would generally lack proper fortifications, be full of angry merpeople settlements, etc...

I think Eth's notion of having it be a former part of the empire that sank due to the conflict works better from a tactical standpoint.

Perhaps it was the hub of a specific -type- of magical research, and the region was sunk for a specific reason?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 01:12 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Yes! Perfect, added to the other changes I mentioned
I'm sorry, I sort of completely missed/overlooked the part about expanding the continent somewhat south- and eastwards and moving the archipelago. I opened up the map and started working on those changes last night before bed. But then Photoshop crashed, and I'm not sure how much of what I got done was saved, I couldn't be arsed to check. I'll probably get back on it when I get home from work today.

Also @Mutters concerning northern Gruthar, does it really need to be more snowy? Pushing the snowline further south made it look somewhat weird in comparison to the other landmasses in the north when I tried. And besides, vikings didn't really live in glacial snowy places, but near the coasts of the slightly more temperate southern Scandinavia, so I'm not sure it'd be thematically fitting to have it be a winter wonderland (depending on how much inspiration you draw from historical vikings, of course).
Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Thinking about it... it wouldn't make sense to raise land behind you to retreat to, the raised seabed would be salty and unsuitable for farming, little in the way of game, it would generally lack proper fortifications, be full of angry merpeople settlements, etc...

I think Eth's notion of having it be a former part of the empire that sank due to the conflict works better from a tactical standpoint.

Perhaps it was the hub of a specific -type- of magical research, and the region was sunk for a specific reason?
So I need a proper reason for the geomancers to anger the merfolk!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:51 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I thought that the merfolk were already there, since they were the ones responsible for sinking the region? Wasn't that your whole point? That they had this epic tide magic that could wash away continents?

Quote:
Yeah, that's fair. So let's say it existed before the Fall, but sank sometime shortly before or after the Traitor Emperor's retreat.

Quote:
The main idea right now is that the capital itself of the Empire's was on what is now volcano, while the greatest city and magical hub was in the center of what sank. Anyway, I Don want it to have held just a city or a region of the empire, I want it to have held one of the most important places, if not the very center.
Nah, that's not what I'm going for. There was no special magic city in the northern empire. And do we even really need geomancers to be hanging around if they're not going to raise any continents? That was the only reason I had them in the Traitor Emperor's entourage.

Quote:
So I need a proper reason for the geomancers to anger the merfolk!
So, wait, we're back to it being the merfolk's fault? I thought you just said the merfolk were the geomancers (or whatever sunken humans), like the Naga were Highborne.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2017, 08:56 AM

Arch-Druid

You're confused xD

The land that sank was part (the central part if possible) of the great empire of yore, and the merfolk were created from sinking humans.

Much, much afterwards, geomancers were <doing something that angered the merfolk> and there was war. At the end, the merfolk made a huge tidal wave that crashed into the geomancer capital, destroying it and nearly all the geomancers alive (because they were gathered there, thinking it safe from merfolk).

The Merfolk only managed to such a thing (a wave that reached far in-land) once. While they can still make tidal waves upon coastal cities, they wouldn't ever have the power to actually sink land masses. That's a whole other level.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 PM

World Builder

Suggested Topic for this Week: What are some 'Class Orders' for your people? Whether it's as simple as the existence of a group of hydromancers or geomancers, or a detailed rundown of a group's history, its leaders, and its standing in society, think about what groups exist and how they function.

Does not need to be strictly military, can be as simple as the folks that make roads / buildings or a union for farmers / miners.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 02:09 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
You're confused xD

The land that sank was part (the central part if possible) of the great empire of yore, and the merfolk were created from sinking humans.

Much, much afterwards, geomancers were <doing something that angered the merfolk> and there was war. At the end, the merfolk made a huge tidal wave that crashed into the geomancer capital, destroying it and nearly all the geomancers alive (because they were gathered there, thinking it safe from merfolk).

The Merfolk only managed to such a thing (a wave that reached far in-land) once. While they can still make tidal waves upon coastal cities, they wouldn't ever have the power to actually sink land masses. That's a whole other level.
So let's stop talking about the latter geomancers for now. It's not directly relevant to the original Empire of Xaxalin.

The merfolk, if I'm following you, were created during or after the Traitor Emperor's retreat to the northern Empire. Something happened that sank the lands he was pinned within, between enemy forces and the sea, and his loyal subjects turned into merfolk. Pretty much exactly like WoW's naga.

The northern lands weren't the center of the Empire, though. They may have been the heart of human-land, but not much else. The true core of the Empire was the city where the volcano is now.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I'm going to copy the discord discussion we had in to this thread.

Erthad:
So my original idea with the spooky Golem city was that it'd be interesting if there was a ghost town that was still in perfect condition, and was being ran as if it was full of life. Also, Golems are cool.
Anansi's ideas with the Arcturan tribes fits really well with my idea.
Anansi:
So how do you think they should mesh? Is Golem City just one of the oldest Hearths of the Splitterban mountains?
Or maybe it was an experimental utopia by one of the earliest colonies to that land? The people died out for whatever reason, but the mechanisms designed to care for their every need are still running?
Erthad:
So I really liked the way Dragon Age handled Golem's and I thought that the idea was worth borrowing.

I think the long lost Dwarves of the Splitterban could have become Arcturan tribesdwarves.

So my thinking is that long ago the runecrafting elite of the city developed ways to create Golems. This involved stripping a coerced "volunteer" of their soul and transferring it to the carved statue that would become the Golem. Scrubbing that individual of all personality and free thinking, and then programming them to obey a directive given to them by the runecrafters. Overtime they created Golems to do nearly everything. They were miners, farmers, guardians, maintenance, craftsmen, delivery golems. Nearly everything. They ran the city and kept the population in check.

Eventually the Dwarves would have tired of the rune crafter’s tyranny and rose up in rebellion. I’m thinking that the rune crafter’s activated a terrible rune that drove the city into madness. And all of the Dwarves either fled or were slaughtered by the Golem’s unleashed upon the city to reestablish order.

The Golem’s were left with no masters to direct them and so they just defaulted to their usual orders.

They mine, craft, repair, and maintain the city. Some Golem’s were programmed to help Dwarven merchants and even they have continued trade with nearby races. Bringing them payments of precious metals for food that gets brought back to spoil before being disposed of.
Would this fit with what you wanted of Arcturan Dwarves?
Mutterscrawl:
The trade bit is the only thing that has me concerned
that's a bit complex for an automaton, even one with a stolen soul, to do.
And it'd lead to more investigation. Hrm.
Anansi:
I actually like the idea
The common dwarves overthrew the golem-masters, stole their runelore for themselves, and dispersed into the Arcturan wastes
There they developed into the tribes of today
Mutterscrawl:
Excellent~
Erthad:
My thinking is that the Golem's kept showing up to villages with goods. Eventually Humans(or whatever race they trade with) learned that they could give the Golem's food in exchange for the metals.
Mutterscrawl:

Ahhh
How would the Arcturan respond to that I wonder?
Anansi:
Of course, this means there must be humans somewhere around the area
Maybe south of the Splitterban Mountains?
Mutterscrawl:
There's always humans
Anansi:
Of course
Mutterscrawl:
I figure local trolls noticed it too
Anansi:
And I figure this was before the Arcturan tribes became what they are today
Back when the runemasters were still in charge of Golem City
Mutterscrawl:
yes I imagine after the Golem-lords fell and the dwarf remnants dispersed, they were infighting a bit, all of this is probably long before the (relatively recent) lokusi incursions.
Doesn't do much for trade stability
Anansi:
Yeah, the city's old enough to be forgotten
Most don't even know it exist, and those that do don't know why
Mutterscrawl:
I imagine the golems that go out to trade are hard to follow back to the city too
Anansi:
The Arcturans are so long gone that they barely remember how stonecrafting works.
Mutterscrawl:
using hidden passages and such
Anansi:
Oh, I see what you're saying
Erthad:
Also, I'm thinking that the security Golems were never brought off of riot control mode so anyone that ventures in to the city ends up being crushed.
Anansi:
Yeah, after the fall, those golems which went out to other nations might have kept going after their masters died
Unless, of course, they were all brought in for Riot Control?
Mutterscrawl:
I dunno if the continent really supports other nations proper, and they definitely don't cross the sea, but there are probably empty ports once traded with that the golems visit
Erthad:
No, the Golems were specialized for different tasks. So a mining Golem wouldn't have stopped mining to deal with the riots.
Anansi:
So there are probably still mule golems depositing empty crates in abandoned port towns forever
I'll copy more later.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:35 PM

World Builder

Thanks Erthad, it'd be better to put it on the Wiki though, much easier to format and archive.

http://solthris.wikia.com/wiki/Solthris_Wiki

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 06:41 PM

Arch-Druid

But I really really wanted the lands that sank to have been a very important place, not just some random territory.

Also, look at the map, it's a huge region.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 PM

World Builder

Quote:
So let's stop talking about the latter geomancers for now. It's not directly relevant to the original Empire of Xaxalin.

The merfolk, if I'm following you, were created during or after the Traitor Emperor's retreat to the northern Empire. Something happened that sank the lands he was pinned within, between enemy forces and the sea, and his loyal subjects turned into merfolk. Pretty much exactly like WoW's naga.

The northern lands weren't the center of the Empire, though. They may have been the heart of human-land, but not much else. The true core of the Empire was the city where the volcano is now.
I dunno, it makes more sense for there to be something unique about the area to warrant sinking. And if it's such a big powerful empire it'd make sense for it to have notable locations outside its core. A big magic academy or vault of relics or something.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-17-2017, 08:29 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Bah, fine, let's go with ley lines. The Emperor's family originally hailed from a country in the northern territories, where human power was strongest, and his ancestral palace sat over a conjunction of power. He tried to cast some magic that would turn the tide of the war in his favor but, for reasons that probably involved sabotage, it blew up in his face and turned all his people into merfolk.

How's that sound?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Now this is getting better xD

The transformation of the humans into merfolk probably involved someone god, so may this have something to do with that?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:07 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Now this is getting better xD

The transformation of the humans into merfolk probably involved someone god, so may this have something to do with that?
Probably best to figure out how this would relate to the dragons, or just have the dragons do the transformation directly.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-18-2017, 06:44 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
That's your purview. What does a god care about this ridiculous mortal civil war? Or dragons for that matter?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2017, 08:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
That's your purview. What does a god care about this ridiculous mortal civil war? Or dragons for that matter?
What if it started as a "ridiculous" mortal Civil War but then came to involve larger forces? Especially if there were powerful magics and artifacts involved.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:51 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
What if it started as a "ridiculous" mortal Civil War but then came to involve larger forces? Especially if there were powerful magics and artifacts involved.
I really like the idea of mortal principalities splintering the ancient Empire because of how well it mirrors the absurdities of Actuality's fall of Rome. I'm hesitant to get higher powers involved because it has the potential to lend one side or another more significance when the final tallies are drawn.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:32 PM

World Builder

Perhaps not involved in the war itself but they took note of the war and moved in to pursue their interests in the aftermath

Sea dragons finding survivors bubbled under the sea and turning them to merfolk in exchange for service scavenging and building along the leylines?

EDIT:

Dominion Update:

-Raez, the hobgoblin leader, returns to the Crucible in mainland Gruthar leaving Althok Molhun the ogre leader to coordinate their forces with the elves in battling the Lokusi.

- Initial contact with the elves has been amiable enough since both sides are ecstatic to have allies against the Lokusi, and arrangements are being made for exchange of ambassadors, but there have been a few disputes regarding Dominion access to elven airships. (Which is to say, the elves won't give the Dominion any for anything Raez or Althok were willing/able to give in exchange at the time, and being shown how to make them is off the table).

-Killing the first of the two remaining Lokusi queens in the area has put all of the local swarms under her control, making the task of putting her down considerably harder as the Lokusi recover from the shock of their High Queen's death.

-Raez has formed a new group within the Dominion military, the Ashen Hand. to serve as the Dominion's eyes and ears abroad, largely formed from survivors of the survey ships and others handpicked for a mix of stealth, and cunning. (@Anansi, this likely coincides with Verz if he and the others make it off Istos)

-After a series of missives between herself and Dron the orcish leader, Raez has reorganized the Crucible's researchers, and recruited many of the best minds and finest crafters from across Gruthar together in hopes of creating their own variant of elven flying craft, though all attempts thus far have been spectacular failures.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-19-2017, 12:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Mutters, the sea dragons did come to the merfolk, but only after they had already been transformed. Those who accepted to serve them would go on to become the Naga.

Tags
collaboration, creative, worldbuilding