Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old 02-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
We're still only at what 27 or 28 heroes with 25 being the launch number? Their goal should be to fit 50 heroes. Now, as for balance, the game is closer to HotS (or League of Legends or Dota) than they or a lot of other people would care to admit and the audiences certainly overlap. They need to hit 50 or so heroes, doubling the original roster, to be going at the pace they are. If Valve and Riot (and even Blizzard) can balance 100+ heroes in their games then Blizzard can do it in Overwatch too.
21 at launch.
22 with Ana.
23 with Sombra.
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?
Old 02-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Warden
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
We're still only at what 27 or 28 heroes with 25 being the launch number? Their goal should be to fit 50 heroes. Now, as for balance, the game is closer to HotS (or League of Legends or Dota) than they or a lot of other people would care to admit and the audiences certainly overlap. They need to hit 50 or so heroes, doubling the original roster, to be going at the pace they are. If Valve and Riot (and even Blizzard) can balance 100+ heroes in their games then Blizzard can do it in Overwatch too.
The difference here is those games have been out for a much longer time, OW hasnt even been out a full year yet.
Then take into account they may be approaching this game a bit different. They are building off of what Titan was so maybe they want to build up the story/world as they release more Heroes. They seem to want the story and game to be intertwined unlike HotS where you can just throw heroes in. They want these characters to actually have a story to them so that part of development also takes time
Old 02-25-2017, 11:47 AM

Elune

I understand what they want to do with the story. The low hero count is part of the reason why you see the same heroes every game and why you almost need certain heroes. Balancing is hard and the game hasn't been out very long, true.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:00 PM

Warden
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
I understand what they want to do with the story. The low hero count is part of the reason why you see the same heroes every game and why you almost need certain heroes. Balancing is hard and the game hasn't been out very long, true.
I think the reason you see the same heroes is basically because some are just to good. Which is really a balancing issue and also the perceived META. Its clear that players are sold on the Meta and say we need " X and Y to win" but that isn't the case IMO. I have seen plenty of bad reinhardts and lucios to know that the META doesnt always win you games.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
I think the reason you see the same heroes is basically because some are just to good. Which is really a balancing issue and also the perceived META. Its clear that players are sold on the Meta and say we need " X and Y to win" but that isn't the case IMO. I have seen plenty of bad reinhardts and lucios to know that the META doesnt always win you games.
It's also a matter of what the pros use and what they don't. There's a clear bias there as well. Which I think could be fixed with a large pool and better balance.
Old Today, 03:33 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Looks like our next hero will be an upgraded OR-15 with the same reactor that powers Zarya's weapon.

Last edited by Mending; Today at 03:36 PM..
Old Today, 04:18 PM

Eternal

I welcome more omnics in the cast.
Old Today, 08:54 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
I welcome more omnics in the cast.
It's questionable if the OR-15s are omnics, though, since they've never been referred to as such.

Efi is described as a robotics and AI expert, and she's taking parts of the OR-15 as the chassis for whatever she's building. I'm undecided about whether it means she'll be controlling it remotely or if it'll be autonomous, but I'm suspecting we're getting a big robot with a tiny girl's voice coming out of it... which is interesting given that we already have that with D.va.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old Today, 10:08 PM

World Builder

Oh, that answers my questions about the parts from the other thread.

EDIT:

No joke, I would buy Lucio-Ohs in a heartbeat irl.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; Today at 10:11 PM..

Tags
blizzard, kid stuff, not dark and edgy, over n under, pew pew!, pixar called, vidja games