Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,093

Thumbs down

Of big name characters I'd like "restored" he is about dead last.

Enough said.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Today, 03:59 AM
DemonHunter DemonHunter is offline

Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 135

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
I just did the quest where I relive the Black Temple fight from Illidan's perspective. It was pretty goofy for a questline that had been taking itself very seriously. Then I turned it in and the Naaru chunk told me that I've begun my path of redemption for killing Illidan. Da fuq? I guess all those times I saved the world don't count. Nor, for that matter, do all of Illidan's victims since it was all in service of his ultimate goal.

I'll tell ya, Blizz has some warped views on morality.
Ikr

Xe'ra is like Illidan's big sister who justifies every action he did.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Today, 04:25 AM
Ol'Yoggy Ol'Yoggy is offline

Arch-Druid
Ol'Yoggy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,206

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
I just did the quest where I relive the Black Temple fight from Illidan's perspective. It was pretty goofy for a questline that had been taking itself very seriously. Then I turned it in and the Naaru chunk told me that I've begun my path of redemption for killing Illidan. Da fuq? I guess all those times I saved the world don't count. Nor, for that matter, do all of Illidan's victims since it was all in service of his ultimate goal.

I'll tell ya, Blizz has some warped views on morality.
I think Illidan COULD have worked if he was made to acknowledge his mistakes and shortcomings.

Compare Kerrigan in Heart of the swarm; Kerrigan in Heart of the Swarm is a.) actually called out on her actions b.) does genuinely change (even when she has literally no reason to spare the people of Korhal she does it anyway and the only time she's hostile is when she's totalling a hybrid facility) and c.) does have a more sympathetic motivation (she only goes on the war when Mengsk ruins her life TWICE)

There were rough patches but Kerrigan did genuinely become a better person so it wasn't AS bad.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Today, 11:46 AM
Drusus Drusus is online now

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
I'll tell ya, Blizz has some warped views on morality.
Champion, did I ever tell you about the time Elisandre gave over her people to the Burning Legion in order to save her own skin? At first it seemed like she was doing it to protect the Nightborne, but she outcast hundreds if not thousands of people to a slow, horrific fate worse than death where they are slowly driven insane by their crippling addiction. Later on she started sacrificing the lower classes' souls in order to fuel the Legion and even wiped out entire sections of her city. It was only when we beat her to death literally twice and almost finished her off a third time that she decided that she would join our side and so we decided not to punish her at all.

She was a good friend.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
You're like a mental gymnast of hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.


Avatar sauce
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Today, 12:01 PM
Shekinah Shekinah is online now

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panda Land
Posts: 1,527

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Champion, did I ever tell you about the time Elisandre gave over her people to the Burning Legion in order to save her own skin? At first it seemed like she was doing it to protect the Nightborne, but she outcast hundreds if not thousands of people to a slow, horrific fate worse than death where they are slowly driven insane by their crippling addiction. Later on she started sacrificing the lower classes' souls in order to fuel the Legion and even wiped out entire sections of her city. It was only when we beat her to death literally twice and almost finished her off a third time that she decided that she would join our side and so we decided not to punish her at all.

She was a good friend.
I read that in Khadgar's voice.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old Today, 12:02 PM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Marthen's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Margraviate of Moravia
Posts: 3,383

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
I just did the quest where I relive the Black Temple fight from Illidan's perspective. It was pretty goofy for a questline that had been taking itself very seriously. Then I turned it in and the Naaru chunk told me that I've begun my path of redemption for killing Illidan. Da fuq? I guess all those times I saved the world don't count. Nor, for that matter, do all of Illidan's victims since it was all in service of his ultimate goal.

I'll tell ya, Blizz has some warped views on morality.
You people do understand that an opinion of a character is actually not the Word of God, and that she can actually be wrong, right?
__________________
It is said Princess Elenna truly loved her husband-to-be, knowing him well from the time he had spent in the court of her father. The breaking of their betrothal took a heavy toll upon this beautiful and delicate woman, and his ultimate death broke her once strong spirit utterly. Grief-stricken and maddened, the princess took her very life, plunging a dagger deep into her own heart. To serve an eternal memory of hers and testament to the vanities of war, her royal brother adopted red roses, flowers Elenna was deeply fond of, onto his coat of arms. Soon enough, these red roses turned the national flower of Gilneas, serving an embodiment of the new age and warning of the past mistakes.
----
Project: Atlas of Azeroth and Draenor
----
Project: Historian's take on Warcraft - Preview Thread.
----
Album: Soldiers of the Seven Kingdoms and Theramore
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Today, 12:03 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is online now

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 27,710

Default

And then there's this bullshittery with Magatha apparently.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
You people do understand that an opinion of a character is actually not the Word of God, and that she can actually be wrong, right?
We know that but I'm not sure everyone at Blizzard does.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Today, 12:15 PM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Marthen's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Margraviate of Moravia
Posts: 3,383

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

We know that but I'm not sure everyone at Blizzard does.
I don't think that running in circles like a chicken or berating someone because of an assumption is really the best way to go. And this argument reeks of a double standard coming from you specifically.
__________________
It is said Princess Elenna truly loved her husband-to-be, knowing him well from the time he had spent in the court of her father. The breaking of their betrothal took a heavy toll upon this beautiful and delicate woman, and his ultimate death broke her once strong spirit utterly. Grief-stricken and maddened, the princess took her very life, plunging a dagger deep into her own heart. To serve an eternal memory of hers and testament to the vanities of war, her royal brother adopted red roses, flowers Elenna was deeply fond of, onto his coat of arms. Soon enough, these red roses turned the national flower of Gilneas, serving an embodiment of the new age and warning of the past mistakes.
----
Project: Atlas of Azeroth and Draenor
----
Project: Historian's take on Warcraft - Preview Thread.
----
Album: Soldiers of the Seven Kingdoms and Theramore
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is online now

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 27,710

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I don't think that running in circles like a chicken or berating someone because of an assumption is really the best way to go. And this argument reeks of a double standard coming from you specifically.
Double standard in what way?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Today, 12:27 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12,644

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Champion, did I ever tell you about the time Elisandre gave over her people to the Burning Legion in order to save her own skin? At first it seemed like she was doing it to protect the Nightborne, but she outcast hundreds if not thousands of people to a slow, horrific fate worse than death where they are slowly driven insane by their crippling addiction. Later on she started sacrificing the lower classes' souls in order to fuel the Legion and even wiped out entire sections of her city. It was only when we beat her to death literally twice and almost finished her off a third time that she decided that she would join our side and so we decided not to punish her at all.

She was a good friend.
Yet despite that, it's the only way she saw the survival of her people. Rest in peace, Queen. Because she did die in case you dont know
__________________
"...when she smiled into the black hole, it smiled back..."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
illidan, illidan dindu nuffin, illidan is always right, illidan is always wrong, illidan stormrage, shekinah is not a fangirl

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.