Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

Elune

Thumbs down

Of big name characters I'd like "restored" he is about dead last.

Enough said.
Old Today, 03:59 AM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
I just did the quest where I relive the Black Temple fight from Illidan's perspective. It was pretty goofy for a questline that had been taking itself very seriously. Then I turned it in and the Naaru chunk told me that I've begun my path of redemption for killing Illidan. Da fuq? I guess all those times I saved the world don't count. Nor, for that matter, do all of Illidan's victims since it was all in service of his ultimate goal.

I'll tell ya, Blizz has some warped views on morality.
Ikr

Xe'ra is like Illidan's big sister who justifies every action he did.
Old Today, 04:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I just did the quest where I relive the Black Temple fight from Illidan's perspective. It was pretty goofy for a questline that had been taking itself very seriously. Then I turned it in and the Naaru chunk told me that I've begun my path of redemption for killing Illidan. Da fuq? I guess all those times I saved the world don't count. Nor, for that matter, do all of Illidan's victims since it was all in service of his ultimate goal.

I think Illidan COULD have worked if he was made to acknowledge his mistakes and shortcomings.

Compare Kerrigan in Heart of the swarm; Kerrigan in Heart of the Swarm is a.) actually called out on her actions b.) does genuinely change (even when she has literally no reason to spare the people of Korhal she does it anyway and the only time she's hostile is when she's totalling a hybrid facility) and c.) does have a more sympathetic motivation (she only goes on the war when Mengsk ruins her life TWICE)

There were rough patches but Kerrigan did genuinely become a better person so it wasn't AS bad.
Old Today, 11:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Champion, did I ever tell you about the time Elisandre gave over her people to the Burning Legion in order to save her own skin? At first it seemed like she was doing it to protect the Nightborne, but she outcast hundreds if not thousands of people to a slow, horrific fate worse than death where they are slowly driven insane by their crippling addiction. Later on she started sacrificing the lower classes' souls in order to fuel the Legion and even wiped out entire sections of her city. It was only when we beat her to death literally twice and almost finished her off a third time that she decided that she would join our side and so we decided not to punish her at all.

She was a good friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Old Today, 12:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Champion, did I ever tell you about the time Elisandre gave over her people to the Burning Legion in order to save her own skin? At first it seemed like she was doing it to protect the Nightborne, but she outcast hundreds if not thousands of people to a slow, horrific fate worse than death where they are slowly driven insane by their crippling addiction. Later on she started sacrificing the lower classes' souls in order to fuel the Legion and even wiped out entire sections of her city. It was only when we beat her to death literally twice and almost finished her off a third time that she decided that she would join our side and so we decided not to punish her at all.

She was a good friend.
I read that in Khadgar's voice.
Old Today, 12:02 PM

Eternal

Quote:

You people do understand that an opinion of a character is actually not the Word of God, and that she can actually be wrong, right?
It is said Princess Elenna truly loved her husband-to-be, knowing him well from the time he had spent in the court of her father. The breaking of their betrothal took a heavy toll upon this beautiful and delicate woman, and his ultimate death broke her once strong spirit utterly. Grief-stricken and maddened, the princess took her very life, plunging a dagger deep into her own heart. To serve an eternal memory of hers and testament to the vanities of war, her royal brother adopted red roses, flowers Elenna was deeply fond of, onto his coat of arms. Soon enough, these red roses turned the national flower of Gilneas, serving an embodiment of the new age and warning of the past mistakes.
----
Project: Atlas of Azeroth and Draenor
----
Project: Historian's take on Warcraft - Preview Thread.
----
Album: Soldiers of the Seven Kingdoms and Theramore
Old Today, 12:03 PM

World Builder

And then there's this bullshittery with Magatha apparently.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
You people do understand that an opinion of a character is actually not the Word of God, and that she can actually be wrong, right?
We know that but I'm not sure everyone at Blizzard does.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old Today, 12:15 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

We know that but I'm not sure everyone at Blizzard does.
I don't think that running in circles like a chicken or berating someone because of an assumption is really the best way to go. And this argument reeks of a double standard coming from you specifically.
It is said Princess Elenna truly loved her husband-to-be, knowing him well from the time he had spent in the court of her father. The breaking of their betrothal took a heavy toll upon this beautiful and delicate woman, and his ultimate death broke her once strong spirit utterly. Grief-stricken and maddened, the princess took her very life, plunging a dagger deep into her own heart. To serve an eternal memory of hers and testament to the vanities of war, her royal brother adopted red roses, flowers Elenna was deeply fond of, onto his coat of arms. Soon enough, these red roses turned the national flower of Gilneas, serving an embodiment of the new age and warning of the past mistakes.
----
Project: Atlas of Azeroth and Draenor
----
Project: Historian's take on Warcraft - Preview Thread.
----
Album: Soldiers of the Seven Kingdoms and Theramore
Old Today, 12:18 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I don't think that running in circles like a chicken or berating someone because of an assumption is really the best way to go. And this argument reeks of a double standard coming from you specifically.
Double standard in what way?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old Today, 12:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post

She was a good friend.
Yet despite that, it's the only way she saw the survival of her people. Rest in peace, Queen. Because she did die in case you dont know

Tags
illidan, illidan dindu nuffin, illidan is always right, illidan is always wrong, illidan stormrage, shekinah is not a fangirl