Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2018, 08:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCrayonTales View Post
I remember years ago I used to frequent mapping sites and discovered countless campaigns, game movies, original fantasy universes and such. Creativity was at an all time high. I hope we can see that return to the modern day.
I miss those times so much. It was a literal golden age.

Blizzard killed many W3 custom maps to give SC2 space before release, and we all know how well that went, with SC2 being utter garbage from a modder's perspective. The forced popularity sorting only made it worse.

I don't think that's going to return, at least not with Blizzard, but boy do I hope another studio tries to bring back the spirit of W3 in some way some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Unfortunately, having oil as a third resource aside from gold and lumber would kinda require reprogramming? of the main game engine. Best case scenario would be to just diversify the ships so that they aren't just carbon copies of each other.
They should have allowed editor customization of the UI and what's shown on screen. Doubt it's going to happen with Reforged, but one can only hope.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~