Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old Today, 11:54 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
This is the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRqfZPvijE

The other was just preview.
Wrong
Old Today, 12:32 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
This is the trailer.

The other was just preview.
Can you ban yourself from SoL already?
Old Today, 12:32 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm guessing there are three cinematics for the questing experience, and the end of raid one will be patched in with the raid itself in 7.3.5.
Ahh, yeah, forgot that the raid will only be implemented later on. I bet we'll get the Fall of the Lich King style goodness with it then. But still, that other stuff you guys reposted like 4 times is a teaser and every next version of it says so on youtube too.
Old Today, 12:40 PM

Arch-Druid

A bit sad that Sargeras plays such a big role in the wallpaper, but his current look isn't even an ingame model or part of any boss-fight, and he'll probably only be seen in the Antorus end-cinematic and then he'll disappear from the story forever.

I know people were very iffy on us fighting Sargeras and how underwhelming it'd make him, but I can't think of anything more underwhelming as him not even being faced directly, just being added into the story and then disappearing either forever or until Blizzard wants to reintroduce him.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old Today, 12:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

They said it themselves.

They showed off stuff then they showed the trailer.

Otherwise 7.2 trailer wasnt a trailer it was just a cinematic they showed off...

Which is what trailers are like ever since... 3.3 which is more than 50% of wows lifetime.

The other thing was more like this:

It or

Btag is Hulk#23939

Last edited by Gurzog; Today at 12:47 PM..
Old Today, 12:44 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
A bit sad that Sargeras plays such a big role in the wallpaper, but his current look isn't even an ingame model or part of any boss-fight, and he'll probably only be seen in the Antorus end-cinematic and then he'll disappear from the story forever.

I know people were very iffy on us fighting Sargeras and how underwhelming it'd make him, but I can't think of anything more underwhelming as him not even being faced directly, just being added into the story and then disappearing either forever or until Blizzard wants to reintroduce him.
I dunno, I really like that we don't fight him. It keeps him as this all-powerful awe-inspiring villain. And since they didn't kill him you absolutely know he'll come back some day, like they made Bolvar the Lich King so they could have another Scourge expansion some day.
Old Today, 12:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I dunno, I really like that we don't fight him. It keeps him as this all-powerful awe-inspiring villain. And since they didn't kill him you absolutely know he'll come back some day, like they made Bolvar the Lich King so they could have another Scourge expansion some day.
You people still think he's going to become a villain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old Today, 12:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I don't think having him flash in for one raid, then immediately be removed from the story with Titan+Illidan magic jailor powers until Blizzard needs him to return is any more impressive than us actually taking him on in some way.

Imagine if instead of fighting the Lich King, Deathwing, the Thunder King, Garrosh, etc. we all just do the raids up until the point that we meet them and then someone else comes in to lock them away. Yes, I know that Tirion and Thrall stole the limelight in WoTLK and Cataclysm, but I'm not talking weakening a boss so someone else can take him down.

I'm talking Sargeras popping up, going hi and in the very same cinematic being removed from the story.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Quote:
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old Today, 12:53 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
They said it themselves.

They showed off stuff then they showed the trailer.

Otherwise 7.2 trailer wasnt a trailer it was just a cinematic they showed off...

Which is what trailers are like ever since... 3.3 which is more than 50% of wows lifetime.
Ion literally said during the stream that it was the first cinematic you see in game when going to Argus, and never referred to it as a trailer, unlike the other video.
Old Today, 12:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
I don't think having him flash in for one raid, then immediately be removed from the story with Titan+Illidan magic jailor powers until Blizzard needs him to return is any more impressive than us actually taking him on in some way.

Imagine if instead of fighting the Lich King, Deathwing, the Thunder King, Garrosh, etc. we all just do the raids up until the point that we meet them and then someone else comes in to lock them away. Yes, I know that Tirion and Thrall stole the limelight in WoTLK and Cataclysm, but I'm not talking weakening a boss so someone else can take him down.

I'm talking Sargeras popping up, going hi and in the very same cinematic being removed from the story.
Sargeras is on a completely different level of power though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old Today, 12:59 PM

Elune

Ah.

I must have missed that due to stuff with my twitch site.,

The Cinematic was still better than the first video.

it was the first video i reacted to when i posted also but i thought they both sucked. Yet the cinematic was more fitting as a trailer Compared to the one before.
Btag is Hulk#23939

Last edited by Gurzog; Today at 01:03 PM..
Old Today, 01:05 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You people still think he's going to become a villain?
Not necessarily him; the point is that having Bolvar on ice as the new Lich King served to keep the Scourge itself available in the story as a viable threat for later use.

Even if rather than Bolvar himself becoming a threat it ends up meaning that someone with more overtly villainous intentions shows up someday to shatter his throne, take his place and unleash the Scourge again.
Old Today, 01:07 PM

Warden

Quote:

Sargeras is on a much higher level of power than any of those bosses before, and until Chronicle came out last year he was the main villain of the franchise. We should never be able to stand against him any more than we should the Void Lords. Not fighting him is the best decision they've made for Legion's raids when it would have been so easy to just use him instead of Argus's world-soul.

Even if we don't fight him, him having a presence in the patch would be an immediate "we lose" button because of how big he is. He could just slaughter us all in a heartbeat, and there'd be no story.
Old Today, 01:09 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:

I think Blizzard is still hiding something about Antorus.

Sargeras will either be featured heavily in the Argus fight, or we may even get another boss that isn't listed currently in the raid.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old Today, 01:10 PM

Elune

Well this is new.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Today, 01:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Sargeras is on a completely different level of power though.

Quote:
Sargeras is on a much higher level of power than any of those bosses before, and until Chronicle came out last year he was the main villain of the franchise. We should never be able to stand against him any more than we should the Void Lords. Not fighting him is the best decision they've made for Legion's raids when it would have been so easy to just use him instead of Argus's world-soul.

Even if we don't fight him, him having a presence in the patch would be an immediate "we lose" button because of how big he is. He could just slaughter us all in a heartbeat, and there'd be no story.
You're right, but that logic already went out the window when Blizzard made it clear we would be able to take on any incarnation of Aggramar and Argus and obtain their weapons, even if weakened, which is also ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I think Blizzard is still hiding something about Antorus.

Sargeras will either be featured heavily in the Argus fight, or we may even get another boss that isn't listed currently in the raid.
It's possible. From what we've seen, the Argus fight is in no way implemented, neither in the raid journal nor the actual raid, and even the people who managed to get there were greeted with an auto-attacking Argus. Could be that they're trying to test it internally (in which case I do hope that goes well and doesn't lead to a horribly broken fight on release) and will only actually add all the files and information connected to it once the actual raid releases.

Quote:
Quote:
Old Today, 01:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Personally, I think they've handled Sargeras quite good in 7.3. He has a few lines with Aggramar and he appears in flashbacks. So you kind of know that he's still out there. And speaking about huge OMG moments - he has one. He will appear as a giant nebula that envelops whole Azeroth during the later part of the raid (Aggramar's platform and Throne of the Pantheon). This feature alone rises up the tension for the PCs - you are fighting demons on Argus, while their leader threatens to chock your homeworld and you can't do anything about it. And it's probably the biggest direct threat to Azeroth in its entire history. And just imagine seeing this pestilent nebula that covers whole sky from Azeroth.
Old Today, 02:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Yes I do not want to fight him. It was cringe enough what they did with Deathwing, Sargeras works better as a ''Let's run away or keep this guy away'' type villain than dpsing his toes. No just no.

Last edited by Azurehax; Today at 02:39 PM..
Old Today, 02:41 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Yes I do not want to fight him. It was cringe enough what they did with Deathwing, Sargeras works better as a ''Let's run away or keep this guy away'' type villain than dpsing his toes. No just no.
I really just think they are saving him to be the savior at some point when the Void truly takes over
Old Today, 02:44 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

"Contributing to a building on the Broken Shore no longer awards a Legionfall Recompense item, and the Artifact Power value of the Artifact Power token awarded has been reduced."

With no information about the Broken Shore buildings' completion rates being changed, this will seriously impact how often the mage tower will be up for challenge artifact appearances. The addition of an emissary quest for Armies of Legionfall isn't enough to compensate.

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion