Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Multi race Kor'kron FeelsGoodMan. Though they could update the tabard.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Red Queen: The Red Queen will not allow adventurers into Uldim (says Uldim here, not Uldir) until they have been cleansed of corruption. First, they must pass through her decontamination chamber.
Neat.

Old Today, 01:22 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There are Zandalari paladins in Zuldazar, but they "don't have any openings."
Has anyone tried to see if she says something else to Paladins? "Not having any openings" doesn't really mean much in itself since new starting zones tend to have proper storylines. For all we know Zandalari Paladins could be pretty high up the totem pole (compare and contrast to the Goblin players or Demon Hunters) or simply be longstanding members of the organization. They take trolls "gifted from birth", that sounds like they recruit rather young.

I'm giving Blizzard too much credit, aren't i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
The Horde needs another paladin race.
Yes.
Quote:
obviouslky elves have more appear.
No.
Quote:
Troll paladins would be awesome.
Yes.
Old Today, 03:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
it's a Resident Evil movie reference
Old Today, 03:53 AM

Arch-Druid

More Cleaned Up Data from Wowhead.

http://de.wowhead.com/news=282153/bu...dates-spoilers
Burning of Teldrassil Broadcast Text Updates (Spoilers)

http://de.wowhead.com/news=282151/ba...-healing-azero
Warfronts Insults, Healing Azeroth

The Sylvanas ""The Horde's children, and their children's children, will curse our memories as they burn" dialogue has been completly changed.
Old Today, 05:30 AM

Sentinel Queen

I love it!!! oculeth in zuldazar!!!He is the one who has the portals open! I'm happy to see the nightborne helping and see important characters !!
Old Today, 06:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
WoD's mistake was being a shit expansion. We can take assets from it freely that aren't crap. The AU conceit itself was not a bad one. The mis-handling and abandonment of the expansion halfway through development was what made the expansion so crap.
Sorry, but I must disagree.

AU should be closed off and forgotten. It's a source for nothing but confusion whenever you stop to think about consistency beyond the superficial level.

Sure, Blizzard can skip all the questions about duplicate characters (from orcs to Draenei and even Naaru), AU/MU versions of famous characters, why aren't people from Outland moving there, what happens to AU timeline (including AU Azeroth) now that the Legion (which is a single entity for all universes) has been banquished (I mean, AU is in the past!), but it's a glaring rip in the fabric of lore (which is already full of holes and , and such things need to be fixed or they'll only grow.

Also, these orcs being AU is an even worse decision when we have the Mag'har in MU, which are also pure orcs comprised of many clans that may have preserved many old traditions, and thus could have all the same customization options the AU orcs have with two bonuses: no continuity snarl and allowing us to get much-needed news from Outland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
I love it!!! oculeth in zuldazar!!!He is the one who has the portals open! I'm happy to see the nightborne helping and see important characters !!
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...Zuldazar14.jpg
I like details like that.

Any news from Boralus? I hope it has a good and varied racial presence, but I fear it will be just kul tirans everywhere...

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; Today at 06:43 AM..
Old Today, 09:34 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Sorry, but I must disagree.

AU should be closed off and forgotten. It's a source for nothing but confusion whenever you stop to think about consistency beyond the superficial level.

Sure, Blizzard can skip all the questions about duplicate characters (from orcs to Draenei and even Naaru), AU/MU versions of famous characters, why aren't people from Outland moving there, what happens to AU timeline (including AU Azeroth) now that the Legion (which is a single entity for all universes) has been banquished (I mean, AU is in the past!), but it's a glaring rip in the fabric of lore (which is already full of holes and , and such things need to be fixed or they'll only grow.

Also, these orcs being AU is an even worse decision when we have the Mag'har in MU, which are also pure orcs comprised of many clans that may have preserved many old traditions, and thus could have all the same customization options the AU orcs have with two bonuses: no continuity snarl and allowing us to get much-needed news from Outland.

I like details like that.

Any news from Boralus? I hope it has a good and varied racial presence, but I fear it will be just kul tirans everywhere...
Zuldazar seems more multiracial
http://www.wowhead.com/news=282154/e...ub-in-zuldazar
boralus is more human centric
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/#image=Boralus:1
Old Today, 10:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
The thing is: WoWHead covers the area of Zuldazar that works as the Horde embassy, not the entirety of Zuldazar. Outside of that area, it's less multiracial. Edit: Seems like I'm wrong, Zandalar's port also has a lot of flavor.

MMO-C, in the other hand, covers larger areas of both cities.

I'd like to see more of the Alliance embassy in Boralus.

Only image I could find with actual Alliance presence were these:
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image.../Boralus21.jpg
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image.../Boralus34.jpg

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; Today at 10:48 AM..
Old Today, 10:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
it's a Resident Evil movie reference
I see. In that case, a neat coincidence nonetheless.
Old Today, 11:13 AM

Loremaster

Honestly while conceptually I've no problem with utilizing AU Draenor stuff, the orcs there are predominantly more villainous than even the worst MU clans. With the exception of the Frostwolves and Laughing Skulls, the AU orcs not only did all that awful stuff under Grommash, but then dumped him to join the Burning Legion despite Garrosh warning them about the demons. So even if Grommash himself was "redeemed" (which was bullshit anyway), the rest were his enemies as well by then, and they didn't even have the excuse of being tricked or enslaved.

Those clans are outright, willful bad guys who started out bad and then elected to become even worse. The Horde shouldn't want anything to do with them.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft