Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 11-05-2016, 08:24 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Classy Patches

So, they're patching us in necromancers....

So is this the only class they will do this with other classes? Strictly popularly demanded vintage classes?

So far I will say they've adapted the class to Diablo 3s format quite well. How would you adapt the vintage class of your choosing? Which vintage classes are eligible for such treatment
Old 11-06-2016, 09:54 AM

Banished

If hots is any clue....the amazon?
Old 11-06-2016, 12:29 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
If hots is any clue....the amazon?
Gonna have to rename for dual sex. Gladiator? Soldier?

Otherwise, I'd love to see it. How would you arrange abilities?
Old 11-06-2016, 03:41 PM

Elune

I'd say "Druid seems more likely than the Amazon" but then, I'd have said the exact same thing about the Necromancer as well, so who knows.

Call me cynical, but I could easily see them keeping the Amazon as female only if they released it as a 'DLC Pack' just to cut down on the amount of voice work and animations required.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I'd say "Druid seems more likely than the Amazon" but then, I'd have said the exact same thing about the Necromancer as well, so who knows.

Call me cynical, but I could easily see them keeping the Amazon as female only if they released it as a 'DLC Pack' just to cut down on the amount of voice work and animations required.
I'm probably sexist for thinking we can't have a female only class. Fair enough.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I think we can't have a female only class.
I kinda agree with you on that. Unless that DLC adds two classes, one male and one female, I don't think that's a good idea.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 PM

Banished

They could make the "male" amazon androgynous and say that lorewise he is a transgendered male or some shit like that. Androgynous like this chick

Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

"A few, rare specimens of the Amazon men have managed to impress their fellow Amazonian warriors. These men take up an honorary position among the women as equals in combat, home, and hearth. This is position is not without sacrifice, as they must undergo extensive rituals to appease their gods and find favor to carry their titles. Some of these rituals are not just sacrifices of property, but of self..."

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm probably sexist for thinking we can't have a female only class. Fair enough.
Where did you the impression I was calling you that from my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
"A few, rare specimens of the Amazon men have managed to impress their fellow Amazonian warriors. These men take up an honorary position among the women as equals in combat, home, and hearth. This is position is not without sacrifice, as they must undergo extensive rituals to appease their gods and find favor to carry their titles. Some of these rituals are not just sacrifices of property, but of self..."
I'd rather they just kept them female exclusive. I realise that me saying "it would just be Barbarian" doesn't really hold up when we've getting Witch Doctor and Necromancer in the same game now, but I just feel like being FEMALE is just the absolute most iconic thing to the whole Amazon thing. Besides, 99% of the marketing, the canon and inevitable HotS Hero would focus exclusively on the female version anyway, so.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-06-2016 at 06:45 PM..
Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Where did you the impression I was calling you that from my post?

Not what I meant. You said nothing to offend me, and I hope I haven't offended you. I was just poking fun at myself. My wife just recently got me out of may masculine shell enough to play Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Quite enjoyable. Perhaps there is room for a female only class. Perhaps not.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:03 PM

Banished

Quote:
Not what I meant. You said nothing to offend me, and I hope I haven't offended you. I was just poking fun at myself. My wife just recently got me out of may masculine shell enough to play Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Quite enjoyable. Perhaps there is room for a female only class. Perhaps not.

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 11-10-2016 at 08:05 PM..

Tags
class, diablo iii