Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Arch-Druid
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,361

Default Classy Patches

So, they're patching us in necromancers....

So is this the only class they will do this with other classes? Strictly popularly demanded vintage classes?

So far I will say they've adapted the class to Diablo 3s format quite well. How would you adapt the vintage class of your choosing? Which vintage classes are eligible for such treatment
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2016, 09:54 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

If hots is any clue....the amazon?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Arch-Druid
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,361

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
If hots is any clue....the amazon?
Gonna have to rename for dual sex. Gladiator? Soldier?

Otherwise, I'd love to see it. How would you arrange abilities?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

I'd say "Druid seems more likely than the Amazon" but then, I'd have said the exact same thing about the Necromancer as well, so who knows.

Call me cynical, but I could easily see them keeping the Amazon as female only if they released it as a 'DLC Pack' just to cut down on the amount of voice work and animations required.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Arch-Druid
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,361

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I'd say "Druid seems more likely than the Amazon" but then, I'd have said the exact same thing about the Necromancer as well, so who knows.

Call me cynical, but I could easily see them keeping the Amazon as female only if they released it as a 'DLC Pack' just to cut down on the amount of voice work and animations required.
I'm probably sexist for thinking we can't have a female only class. Fair enough.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,695

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I think we can't have a female only class.
I kinda agree with you on that. Unless that DLC adds two classes, one male and one female, I don't think that's a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

They could make the "male" amazon androgynous and say that lorewise he is a transgendered male or some shit like that. Androgynous like this chick

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,079
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

"A few, rare specimens of the Amazon men have managed to impress their fellow Amazonian warriors. These men take up an honorary position among the women as equals in combat, home, and hearth. This is position is not without sacrifice, as they must undergo extensive rituals to appease their gods and find favor to carry their titles. Some of these rituals are not just sacrifices of property, but of self..."
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I'm probably sexist for thinking we can't have a female only class. Fair enough.
Where did you the impression I was calling you that from my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
"A few, rare specimens of the Amazon men have managed to impress their fellow Amazonian warriors. These men take up an honorary position among the women as equals in combat, home, and hearth. This is position is not without sacrifice, as they must undergo extensive rituals to appease their gods and find favor to carry their titles. Some of these rituals are not just sacrifices of property, but of self..."
I'd rather they just kept them female exclusive. I realise that me saying "it would just be Barbarian" doesn't really hold up when we've getting Witch Doctor and Necromancer in the same game now, but I just feel like being FEMALE is just the absolute most iconic thing to the whole Amazon thing. Besides, 99% of the marketing, the canon and inevitable HotS Hero would focus exclusively on the female version anyway, so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-06-2016 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Arch-Druid
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,361

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Where did you the impression I was calling you that from my post?

Not what I meant. You said nothing to offend me, and I hope I haven't offended you. I was just poking fun at myself. My wife just recently got me out of may masculine shell enough to play Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Quite enjoyable. Perhaps there is room for a female only class. Perhaps not.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-10-2016, 08:03 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Not what I meant. You said nothing to offend me, and I hope I haven't offended you. I was just poking fun at myself. My wife just recently got me out of may masculine shell enough to play Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Quite enjoyable. Perhaps there is room for a female only class. Perhaps not.

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 11-10-2016 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
class, diablo iii

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.