Trade Baroness - Moderator

I'm very sorry to hear that, Gurzog.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Sorry to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Elune

That is really rough, I feel for your dad and your family.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Well.

Today was awful, family crisis got worse because my dad fooled my mom into getting him home because of stock option stuff, but well he just got home and started saying hello to dogs and shit, mom and sister stressed him up so much he started getting violent and shit, and they started yelling. he behaves fine when i am near. Probably due to the fact he doesnt dare to attack me, or well actually likes me. I also am the only one that seems to understand the fact that well You should act calm and NOT STRESS people like this up. just take it calm.

I went to the gym, after gym I got a message that well basically read "DONT COME HOME NOTHING DANGEROUS BUT DONT COME HOME" it was related to a family feud, mom and sister tried to get him back to the nursing home but he wanted to take the bus they couldnt trust him enough for that stuff. he asked me for money, before going out, they let him go out for some stupid reason. and is probably going to get caught by some ticket guard thing.

Fuck this fucking shit.

He is at the hospital now.
Btag is Hulk#23939

Last edited by Gurzog; 02-06-2018 at 10:21 AM..
Old 02-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Elune

My department got praised by a 3rd Circuit judge for how good a job we did a few weeks back when he had jury duty. The guy emailed the president judge herself, and she forwarded it to us. It was glowing. Very nice ego boost.

Quote:
Fuck this fucking shit.
Damn, dude. I'm so sorry. Reading up about it, it seems pretty scary (and as someone considering bariatric surgery, makes me a bit scared personally too).

Wish there was some help I could give beyond just saying you're in my thoughts. I know some of what you're going through, my father suffered from something else, but it has some similarities from what I'm reading. So you have my greatest sympathies.

Just...hang in there, ok? I know its easy to say and essentially meaningless in this situation, but please, make sure you do ok. Don't let yourself get torn down too by it.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

So here's a funny thing. My heart might very well explode at any moment. So if I go dark for more than a month, let's say, you may presume that I have died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Elune

Ok

Here goes.

I woke up to hearing my father has escaped the place they kept him in, and that he has been drinking alcohol, why because he cant drink at the treatment place but he has freedom to go wherever the fuck he wants, so he goes and wastes the money he has and stuff. Gets into a motel by wasting money and stuff. Obviously because he has freedom and isnt FORCED to get taken care off (not killed just treated so he gets his medicine and shit) he then gets home all of a sudden and well, he argues with my mom and punches both her and my sister. ANd keeps sayiing he wants a divorce. (mom doesnt coz of economic reasons and house and shit) i go in yell at him to stop acting like an agressive moron and not to punch people, he doesnt dare to punch them probably because I am taller than him and a Man.

we then have the police and some 24 / 7 doctors because he isnt well, And they talk about stuff, dad doesnt want to admit that he is an alcoholic to them, acts normal around them, but has a shit temper around the others.

Later on the doctors say he is essentially not going to get better, but because of the situation he will get a new treatment home, That he cant leave this time. So he must be there. They say he needs professional help.
he keeps talking about how he lost alot of cash or something and that my mom is an idiot (because well dad was the one taking care of the bills, and mom just forwarded the cash to his accounts)

Jesus fucking christ.

I have never seen him like this, he was fine at best before christmas. I was looking at old messages between us, because i had forgotten how he was when he was normal. And the fact that he probably wont get better or even sober up hurts.

Going to make some calls about depression and shit coz I really really feel like i need some pills or something to help me.
Btag is Hulk#23939

Last edited by Gurzog; 02-11-2018 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

That's harsh man, I really have no idea what to say

Try to spend some time with things that you really like, stuff that you know you can concentrate on. That helped me when I needed
Old 02-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Elune

Well today was better.

I hope the next week is like this, dad got home and he acted sane was sorry about all been at school (which means constant worry and shit about family stuff) couldnt focus had other guys having similar focus problems. and well I went home to change few t hings, things were actually pretty calm, which is surprising, sure dad talks alot, needs his meds and stuff (doesntwant some atm because he is very hyper and stuff.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 02-13-2018, 08:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
So here's a funny thing. My heart might very well explode at any moment. So if I go dark for more than a month, let's say, you may presume that I have died.
Not sure if serious but I enjoy your clumsy attempts at domination and I hope you stick around.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:12 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Not sure if serious but I enjoy your clumsy attempts at domination and I hope you stick around.
Clumsy?! Why you...!

But yeah, I'm pretty sure 208 is not a normal resting heartrate for a 20-something of less than 150 pounds. It's pretty crazy. It can oscillate from less than 40bpm to over 200 in the span of a few seconds. Anyone got any guesses as to what the hell's going on?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2018, 05:39 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Clumsy?! Why you...!

But yeah, I'm pretty sure 208 is not a normal resting heartrate for a 20-something of less than 150 pounds. It's pretty crazy. It can oscillate from less than 40bpm to over 200 in the span of a few seconds. Anyone got any guesses as to what the hell's going on?
Guesses I have plenty, with what little information you've shared. I mean there's not exactly a shortage of illnesses and conditions where arrhythmia is a symptom.

Do you know if you have a history of cardiac conditions in your family? Have you had problems concerning your heart previously in your life? Do you smoke? Do you have regular anxiety attacks or suffer from stress?
Old 02-14-2018, 07:54 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Guesses I have plenty, with what little information you've shared. I mean there's not exactly a shortage of illnesses and conditions where arrhythmia is a symptom.
So here's where it gets really weird, and explains why the Actual Doctors who are working on the problem can't figure it out - my heart checks out fine. They've looked at it and searched for evidence of typical arrhythmia and can't find any. The cardiologists think it's neurological, except my brain checks out fine too. The neurologists think it's cardiac, except for the aforementioned testimony of the cardiologists.

Weird, right?

It's funny, because these Actual Doctors are supposed to be pretty good and experienced at what they do, but they tell me they haven't seen anything like this before. To be frank, that makes me feel considerably better about it. If I am to be defeated before I save and/or destroy the world, I would like to be defeated by a unique and unprecedented foe.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2018, 09:04 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
So here's where it gets really weird, and explains why the Actual Doctors who are working on the problem can't figure it out - my heart checks out fine. They've looked at it and searched for evidence of typical arrhythmia and can't find any. The cardiologists think it's neurological, except my brain checks out fine too. The neurologists think it's cardiac, except for the aforementioned testimony of the cardiologists.

Weird, right?

It's funny, because these Actual Doctors are supposed to be pretty good and experienced at what they do, but they tell me they haven't seen anything like this before. To be frank, that makes me feel considerably better about it. If I am to be defeated before I save and/or destroy the world, I would like to be defeated by a unique and unprecedented foe.
Having worked in a hospital for some 3 years now, I don't think it's especially weird that doctors fail to diagnose a patient, and then assume the answer is in someone else's field of expertise. It happens all the time. However, none of them having any idea of what might be the issue or claiming not to recognize whatever it may be that ails you, that is pretty weird. And sort of cool, yes.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. For everyone's sake. The world needs saving and/or destruction.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:22 AM

Elune

@Spider A cousin of mine had insanely high blood pressure that almost killed him and to this day doctors aren't quite sure what it is about, they think it might be hormone related but it is just inconclusive. The meds help keep the pressure down so hopefully he will keep on ticking for a long while. It is far from a unique situation sadly.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Elune

Had my 1 year review at work yesterday. I'd been nervous as there were a few places I know I screwed up, but it was good across the board, met expectations, which is exactly where I should be for being here a year (I was also really close to exceeding expectations in one field, just held back by one of the mistakes I knew about). From what I understand, I should be getting a promotion to a level II with it and a raise (10%, I think).

But speaking of work, also kind of worried about our current workload. My boss brought up on Tuesday that he wants us to have finished all the paperwork currently on the shelf by Friday, but that's kind of a tall order. For one, we're down one coworker (maternity leave) and its just that more comes in every day and wipes out any headway we make. It gets a bit discouraging.

Tags
realspace, spam thread 3.1