Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Site News

Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default Blizzcon 2014 Announced

Blizzard has just announced that Blizzcon 2014 is officially happening November 7th and 8th later this year.

Here is the full press release:
Steel thyself, O mortal realm of Anaheim! The eighth BlizzCon is coming to your Convention Center this Friday, November 7 and Saturday, November 8, 2014. Prepare for two relentless days of Blizzard gaming and fellowship, including in-depth discussion panels with Blizzard developers, hands-on opportunities with the latest Blizzard games, and intense eSports tournaments featuring top pro gamers from across the earthly plane.

Tickets for BlizzCon 2014 will go on sale in two batches, one on Wednesday, May 7 at 7 p.m. PT and the other on Saturday, May 10 at 10 a.m. PT, through the online event ticketing service Eventbrite, priced at $199 each (plus applicable taxes and fees). In addition, a limited number of tickets to an exclusive pre-BlizzCon Benefit Dinner will go on sale Wednesday, May 14 at 7 p.m. PT for $750 apiece (plus applicable taxes and fees; BlizzCon admission included), with proceeds benefitting Children’s Hospital of Orange County. Check out the BlizzCon Ticket webpage for more information—we’ve made some changes to how ticket sales work this year, and fortune favors the prepared!

If you can’t make it to the show in person, the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket is the next best thing, offering comprehensive live coverage of the event via a multichannel Internet stream. Further details on the Virtual Ticket, including pricing, availability, and programming information, will be announced at a later date.

See the full press release or check out the BlizzCon Ticket page for more information, and be sure visit www.blizzcon2014.eventbrite.com at the dates and times above for a chance to purchase a ticket to the show. See you in Anaheim!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 AM

Elune

I can't really get excited. I suppose there's the 10th Anniversary stuff but other than that? Meh.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:04 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Unless they're going to blow everyone's mind and actually announce the NEXT expansion after WoD, I don't see the point.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Unless they're going to blow everyone's mind and actually announce the NEXT expansion after WoD, I don't see the point.
Titan coming out Jan 2015, also Half-Life 3 confrimed.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:50 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I imagine we'll see some LotV stuff too, if nothing else.

With six games in development in some form or another I don't think we'll ever have a "year without a blizzcon" again. That said, I doubt we'll be seeing much of the post-WoD xpac. We'll probably see some stuff on that expansion's patches, but I imagine that WoW will take a back seat.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Warcraft 4.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I imagine we'll see some LotV stuff too, if nothing else.

With six games in development in some form or another I don't think we'll ever have a "year without a blizzcon" again. That said, I doubt we'll be seeing much of the post-WoD xpac. We'll probably see some stuff on that expansion's patches, but I imagine that WoW will take a back seat.
While I agree we won't hear anything about an expansion, I highly doubt WoW will take a back seat for one simple reason: This Blizzcon is only a few weeks sooner than both WoW's 10th and Warcraft's 20th anniversaries. There's no way having Blizzcon in November on this year is a coincidence, so while we might not have any news, they'll definitely have some sort of big celebration of that.

Maybe they'll announce an HD remake of Warcraft I or II like some have predicted?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:21 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post

Maybe they'll announce an HD remake of Warcraft I or II like some have predicted?
I have a boner just thinking about it.

Hurrrrgh.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 05-04-2014, 10:46 PM

Arch-Druid

I am a Wow Fan. Should I buy a ticket to go. will it be worth it?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Glaive Thrower

Smile

I don't think the cost of a ticket to Blizzcon has ever been worth it?
I mean it depends on what you value, so what would you like / expect to see? Or are you looking for a surprise? If you want a decent answer to that either someones gonna give a lot of information or have an idea of what you like etc or pure hit/miss...

Tags
blizzcon, blizzcon 2014