Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 09-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Ganishka Ganishka is offline

Elune
Ganishka's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 8,282
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Default

Here is an article from one of my favorite conservative websites on this topic:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/game-on/
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Planning on playing it tonight. Albeit on a 360.
Im playing it on the PS4 myself.

And my problem with Anita is that not only is she wrong, she also doesnt like games to begin with. She is a terrible person.
__________________
Game over, man. Game over.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,795

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Im playing it on the PS4 myself.

And my problem with Anita is that not only is she wrong, she also doesnt like games to begin with. She is a terrible person.
Yeah I don't like her either. She goes around thinking that just chicks have problems when it's not true. Dudes have image issues as well, like edgelords of draernor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:04 AM
Insipid_Lobster Insipid_Lobster is offline

Eternal
Insipid_Lobster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Yolkshur
Posts: 3,738
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Default

Gamergate hasn't really been putting any attention on Quinn for a while now, it pretty much moved on from the "sleeping around" part of it all a few days after it emerged.

It moved on, quite swiftly, onto the ethics of journalism and trying to rid the world of clickbait articles. Which the response to was more clickbait articles (death of gamers et al), the people making it about misogyny are on the other side of the fence for the most part.

Which is fair enough, if people want to campaign for better standards and for an end to the shadey practices of journalists funding people they write about via patreon they're more than welcome to do so in my eyes.

Edit: This journalist has been following it pretty closely, he's actually been going out and collecting sources for both sides of it all. https://twitter.com/Nero

Last edited by Insipid_Lobster; 09-13-2014 at 03:23 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:25 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Here is an article from one of my favorite conservative websites on this topic:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/game-on/
I highly advise people read this, for the simple reason that it impressively illustrates where Gani gets indoctrinated into this utterly paranoid dribble.

I knew there was a source for his bullshit somewhere, seems we just found one of them.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:28 AM
Quirnheim Quirnheim is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 4,813
BattleTag: kam#1475

Default

itt:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Fuck your dumb gamergate shit I'd rather be pegged by Sylvanas than read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:31 AM
Insipid_Lobster Insipid_Lobster is offline

Eternal
Insipid_Lobster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Yolkshur
Posts: 3,738
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I highly advise people read this, for the simple reason that it impressively illustrates where Gani gets indoctrinated into this utterly paranoid dribble.

I knew there was a source for his bullshit somewhere, seems we just found one of them.
Y'know, perhaps i'm too laid back for this kinda shit but don't you ever really tire of constantly butting heads because other people don't have the same opinion as you? Gani may have conservative viewpoints (some of which I don't personally agree with) but do you have to fire shots at every chance you get? Try to jab him in the kidney whenever you see his side? It looks like neither of you are going to stop and be civil over it all, why not simply drop it and let it be? Move on. Stop giving a damn.

Because, pardon my french, this little jab makes you come across as an fucking arrogant pillock to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:33 AM
Quirnheim Quirnheim is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 4,813
BattleTag: kam#1475

Default

the fact is that death threats were made against ms quinn for voicing her opinions. a so called "jaded" ex boyfriend made his post and his accusations while at the same time 4chan was preparing to attack her and all female journalists in gaming.

anita sarkeesian had fucking CHILD PORNOGRAPHY sent to her Twitter page. but apparently they deserve it because....feminists = hitler?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Fuck your dumb gamergate shit I'd rather be pegged by Sylvanas than read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:33 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
anita sarkeesian had fucking CHILD PORNOGRAPHY sent to her Twitter page.
There is no proof of that. I can say the same thing to win sympathy and demonize the opposition.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:35 AM
Quirnheim Quirnheim is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 4,813
BattleTag: kam#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
There is no proof of that. I can say the same thing to win sympathy and demonize the opposition.
I'm more inclined to believe a pop culture critic and feminist at this point then I am her critics - who have sent tweets and PM's to her talking about how they want to rape and kill her because of her opinions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Fuck your dumb gamergate shit I'd rather be pegged by Sylvanas than read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:40 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,978

Default

Welcome to the internet. Expect such messages when you tell people what's right and wrong because you say so.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:41 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I'm more inclined to believe a pop culture critic and feminist
Are you fucking serious?

Do you even know how badly this piece of shit has lied and cheated? Seriously, go and read about her.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:41 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
Y'know, perhaps i'm too laid back for this kinda shit but don't you ever really tire of constantly butting heads because other people don't have the same opinion as you? Gani may have conservative viewpoints (some of which I don't personally agree with) but do you have to fire shots at every chance you get? Try to jab him in the kidney whenever you see his side? It looks like neither of you are going to stop and be civil over it all, why not simply drop it and let it be? Move on. Stop giving a damn.

Because, pardon my french, this little jab makes you come across as an fucking arrogant pillock to say the least.
I wouldn't care one bit if I weren't constantly bombarded with vulgarities, ridicule and insults for very simply expressing opinions supported by facts and actual academic work. So excuse me for pointing out the stupidity in some of these posts.

But you are quite right in that it is time to move on already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I'm more inclined to believe a pop culture critic and feminist at this point then I am her critics - who have sent tweets and PM's to her talking about how they want to rape and kill her because of her opinions.
People get death threats and pornography for talking about Pokemon, mate. It's the internet. One half trolls, the other half seriously sociopathic.

Only in this case, people like Sarkeesian and Quinn jump on it because they know it will turn a large portion of popular opinion in their favor, because they play the sexism card.

Which conveniently distracts from the actual issues, which is all youtubers and critics ever talked about - the fact that there are significant conflicts of interest and questions of ethical conduct where Quinn is concerned, even going so far as full-on possible fraud in one case.

And the blatant money-grabbing scam that are Sarkeesian's 30.000 dollar videos that are "well researched" which don't supply one single study or source for any of her claims.

She basically cashed in on people jumping on the bandwagon. She has provided NOTHING in terms of actually advancing feminism or providing constructive critique, instead choosing to display her own opinion on skewed information and based on an obvious utter ignorance of game mechanics and gaming in general, to push her agenda.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.

Last edited by miffy23; 09-13-2014 at 03:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Insipid_Lobster Insipid_Lobster is offline

Eternal
Insipid_Lobster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Yolkshur
Posts: 3,738
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Default

An interview with Daniel Vavra, a dev from Warhorse.

Just gunna take out one of the key bits here.

"Do you think that the accusations of corruption are as deep as many would have us believe?

I donít know and I donít care. The biggest problem we have is, that there is a group of people that think they know whatís right and whatís wrong and that they have a mission to make the world a better place and protect the oppressed by any means. They donít even care what the ďoppressedĒ people think. They censor any feedback they donít like. They try to censor Twitter. They think that they are better than the rest. Itís funny that they are absolutely unable to have any discussion or provide solid arguments. Have you ever seen any of them in direct confrontation with their opponents? I guess you didnít, because they only know how to bark at others from behind the fence and then how to play victims when somebody barks back.

And they will never be happy. If you donít have a gay character in your game, you are homophobic, if you do have gay character in your game, you are homophobic, because they donít like the character. If women in your game look good, you are sexist, if they look bad, you are sexist, if you can fight with them, you are misogynistic, if you canít fight with them, you are using them as objects, if you donít have any women, because there is no correct way how to have them, you are misogynistic.

Itís a witch hunt and itís affecting my artistic freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-13-2014, 04:01 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
An interview with Daniel Vavra, a dev from Warhorse.

Just gunna take out one of the key bits here.

"Do you think that the accusations of corruption are as deep as many would have us believe?

I donít know and I donít care. The biggest problem we have is, that there is a group of people that think they know whatís right and whatís wrong and that they have a mission to make the world a better place and protect the oppressed by any means. They donít even care what the ďoppressedĒ people think. They censor any feedback they donít like. They try to censor Twitter. They think that they are better than the rest. Itís funny that they are absolutely unable to have any discussion or provide solid arguments. Have you ever seen any of them in direct confrontation with their opponents? I guess you didnít, because they only know how to bark at others from behind the fence and then how to play victims when somebody barks back.

And they will never be happy. If you donít have a gay character in your game, you are homophobic, if you do have gay character in your game, you are homophobic, because they donít like the character. If women in your game look good, you are sexist, if they look bad, you are sexist, if you can fight with them, you are misogynistic, if you canít fight with them, you are using them as objects, if you donít have any women, because there is no correct way how to have them, you are misogynistic.

Itís a witch hunt and itís affecting my artistic freedom.
Good summary of the real issue here in terms of the SJW.

That relates to Sarkeesian - as far as Quinn and # GamerGate goes, the SJW are only involved to the extent that Quinn and everyone affected by this scandal immediately played the sexism card to get out of jail, successfully deflected a large part of the discussion based on common internet idiots that had nothing to do with the conversation in the first place.

Youtubers like InternetAristocrat, MundaneMatt, thunderf00t and others didn't call Quinn out for sleeping around, or for being a woman. Neither did they threaten anyone. They rightfully talked about the conflict of interest involved in WHO she slept with, WHEN, and WHY. They also called her out on blatant lies and simply false statements she and others involved, like Grayson, made.

I feel a good part of the problem is down to people simply catching the twitter buzz generated by these people simply screaming "MISOGYNY!" and not actually knowing what it's about in the first place.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-13-2014, 04:05 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I'm more inclined to believe a pop culture critic and feminist at this point then I am her critics
*Tips fedora*

Implying that the majority of those people give a single shit about the issue and are just trolls being trolls. Yeah, because all those journalists/SJWs are all utterly pure, whilst every single opposition must be a male, woman hating, sexist pig.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-13-2014, 04:06 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
An interview with Daniel Vavra, a dev from Warhorse.

Just gunna take out one of the key bits here.

"Do you think that the accusations of corruption are as deep as many would have us believe?

I donít know and I donít care. The biggest problem we have is, that there is a group of people that think they know whatís right and whatís wrong and that they have a mission to make the world a better place and protect the oppressed by any means. They donít even care what the ďoppressedĒ people think. They censor any feedback they donít like. They try to censor Twitter. They think that they are better than the rest. Itís funny that they are absolutely unable to have any discussion or provide solid arguments. Have you ever seen any of them in direct confrontation with their opponents? I guess you didnít, because they only know how to bark at others from behind the fence and then how to play victims when somebody barks back.

And they will never be happy. If you donít have a gay character in your game, you are homophobic, if you do have gay character in your game, you are homophobic, because they donít like the character. If women in your game look good, you are sexist, if they look bad, you are sexist, if you can fight with them, you are misogynistic, if you canít fight with them, you are using them as objects, if you donít have any women, because there is no correct way how to have them, you are misogynistic.

Itís a witch hunt and itís affecting my artistic freedom.
The man deserves a medal for standing up for his artistic freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
An interview with Daniel Vavra, a dev from Warhorse.

Just gunna take out one of the key bits here.

"Do you think that the accusations of corruption are as deep as many would have us believe?

I donít know and I donít care. The biggest problem we have is, that there is a group of people that think they know whatís right and whatís wrong and that they have a mission to make the world a better place and protect the oppressed by any means. They donít even care what the ďoppressedĒ people think. They censor any feedback they donít like. They try to censor Twitter. They think that they are better than the rest. Itís funny that they are absolutely unable to have any discussion or provide solid arguments. Have you ever seen any of them in direct confrontation with their opponents? I guess you didnít, because they only know how to bark at others from behind the fence and then how to play victims when somebody barks back.

And they will never be happy. If you donít have a gay character in your game, you are homophobic, if you do have gay character in your game, you are homophobic, because they donít like the character. If women in your game look good, you are sexist, if they look bad, you are sexist, if you can fight with them, you are misogynistic, if you canít fight with them, you are using them as objects, if you donít have any women, because there is no correct way how to have them, you are misogynistic.

Itís a witch hunt and itís affecting my artistic freedom.
*slow clap*
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-13-2014, 04:18 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Well you can't make all the people happy all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-13-2014, 05:55 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
An interview with Daniel Vavra, a dev from Warhorse.

Just gunna take out one of the key bits here.

"Do you think that the accusations of corruption are as deep as many would have us believe?

I donít know and I donít care. The biggest problem we have is, that there is a group of people that think they know whatís right and whatís wrong and that they have a mission to make the world a better place and protect the oppressed by any means. They donít even care what the ďoppressedĒ people think. They censor any feedback they donít like. They try to censor Twitter. They think that they are better than the rest. Itís funny that they are absolutely unable to have any discussion or provide solid arguments. Have you ever seen any of them in direct confrontation with their opponents? I guess you didnít, because they only know how to bark at others from behind the fence and then how to play victims when somebody barks back.

And they will never be happy. If you donít have a gay character in your game, you are homophobic, if you do have gay character in your game, you are homophobic, because they donít like the character. If women in your game look good, you are sexist, if they look bad, you are sexist, if you can fight with them, you are misogynistic, if you canít fight with them, you are using them as objects, if you donít have any women, because there is no correct way how to have them, you are misogynistic.

Itís a witch hunt and itís affecting my artistic freedom.
This guy has it all figured out.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:09 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
This guy has it all figured out.
I am liking this Gromak guy.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I am liking this Gromak guy.
So do I.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Taintedmage Taintedmage is offline

Eternal
Taintedmage's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,794

Default

So...jumping onto the whole corruption in video game press thing.

One thing that was mentioned in the Co-optional podcast (EP 48) was the way the system works really.

One of the most blatant example of corruption would be industry parties (or whatever they were called. TB mentioned them).

Basic gist of it is that developers host a special little party for the gaming press and everyone gets drunk, chats, and hangs out together.

Ontop of that it has to deal with the fact that the press is reliant on developers to give them a press copy to review.

As TB mentioned, The biggest thing is to get your copy early. The guy who gets his shit out earliest often gets all the hits (and all the money) from the sites.

The result of this is that there is a tendency for the gaming press to suck up to game devs. You want to get a press copy of a game? Well, better suck the cock of the developer if you want it! There are literally cases of game devs going up to gaming press with a type of "we'll give you a copy of the game early if you don't give it any negative feedback" and gaming press saying sure.


----

Moving on to the whole #gamergate thing and the current press release. The Press release I refer to is all these places putting out articles saying that the gamer identity is dead or it should die or about how those who are still gamers are all neckbearded misogynistic nerds,etc.

That issue is....a little bit different than corruption in the gaming press.

This is basically the whole issue of the SJW crowd starting to infect the Indy scene (go back to the whole issue with the Young Capitalists as an example) and putting their stupid pet issues in an area where people don't fucking want them. People want artistic freedom and are met with bitching and whining if their vision doesn't fit he SJW crowd. When people find out they're full of shit and call them out on their bullshit the reflex is of-course the whole "misogynistic neckbeared virgin" BS.

EDIT:

I should add that this is somewhat different when we're talking INDY games. In big games which are on the radar of a lot of people it's definitely what I mentioned above but what about the little games? The little games really look for press wherever they can get. In some cases (a la Quinnspiracy) it can involve having sex/dating in order to be in the spotlight or being friends with people who happen to be in the industry. It's all about connections. You want your little indy game to get some type of hype or review? It's kinda important that you know someone who can post an article on it in the game's industry.

It's really an interesting web.
Games journalists are reliant on bigger studios to give out their games to get the hits and the money. Smaller indy game developers however are reliant on games media in order get much press at all.

Last edited by Taintedmage; 09-13-2014 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline

Arch-Druid
Wabbajack's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,273

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I'm more inclined to believe a pop culture critic and feminist at this point then I am her critics - who have sent tweets and PM's to her talking about how they want to rape and kill her because of her opinions.
You are aware that Quinn was proven to lie multiple times, right?
She said she had to be relocated by the police because of death threats, but the police states that they never had any contact with her about that.

She stated on the website of her game that part of the earnings of her game go to a suicide prevention charity, but when the charity confirmed that they never got any donations she changed the charity she allegedly gives donations too. That charity, too, confirmed that no donations were made.

Doesn't really sound like someone trustworthy to me, and it's only two examples when there are many more.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:45 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
You are aware that Quinn was proven to lie multiple times, right?
She said she had to be relocated by the police because of death threats, but the police states that they never had any contact with her about that.

She stated on the website of her game that part of the earnings of her game go to a suicide prevention charity, but when the charity confirmed that they never got any donations she changed the charity she allegedly gives donations too. That charity, too, confirmed that no donations were made.

Doesn't really sound like someone trustworthy to me, and it's only two examples when there are many more.
On top of that she personally sabotaged a charitable project to help female game developers, in order to push her own project. She lied about times and dates of alleged relationships that indicate severe conflicts of interest.

The woman is a fraud and a hack, she makes a living off pulling the wool over people's eyes. Now that that's being exposed she runs to hide behind the one convenient cover that the SJW brigade and Sarkeesian have built up - "MUH MYSOGINY". It's disgusting.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleeding hollow clan, buttery popcorn stand, dorito pope, feminism, game design, gameplay, gamers are winning, men are evil, patreon, women

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.