?
Old 10-15-2015, 04:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Yes.
Nazja-senpai will fix it.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:14 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post

?
Beautiful.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:42 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
What... what does this mean?
So it was all about Greyhollow Island, wasn't it?
Old 11-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

There is a new area called Greyhollow, yes, in Act 5. Also two other new areas.

A whole bunch of new monsters, 50(!) new items, reworked sets, more bank space, a whole bunch of new features and stuff added that people asked for...2.4 is going to be even bigger and better than 2.3.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:10 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

You know, there is a part of me that would like to see the trickster archetype explored in a Diablo class or companion.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:27 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

I'm really looking forward to playing diablo 3 again after a few more patches and having all sorts of new shit to experience.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Had a some thoughts on Diablo Classes. I really feel Shape-Shifter is the niche to fill. Druids could make a comeback, but I do have other ideas:

1. The Skin-walker: I've talked about these guys before Native American black-magic users. Super dark and super creepy. I'd imagine them in there base form having spears, then changing into bears, eagles, etc. Basically a native American Druid. That said, I do feel that there may not be room for another aboriginal spell-caster.

2. The Changeling: from the old fairy tales where fairies and witches and goblins (or demons) made bargains with mortals and exacted a the price of their first-born child. For this class, this is the child, years later, having learned shape-shifting as a way to cope and survive in their immortal guardian's realm. Now they are back, looking for answers, revenge, a place in this mortal world, etc. I'm imagining the base form is a young nobleman (if not prince/princess) complete with rapier and dagger (we don't have a swashbuckler yet either, but it's less needed), who can either change into various demons embodying strength, intelligence and dexterity, or fairy tale creatures, such as elves, ogres, and imps/crones.

3. The Night Lord. Ok, basically a vampire/were-wolf, only none of this undeath business. Kinda going with the Dracula: Untold feel, a nobleman makes a dark pact in order to save his people and becomes a bit of a monster. Base form is intellect, with the ability to transform into a swarm of bats for mobility and perform hypnosis based cc, Dexterity form is the were-wolf,and Strength form is an all out Demon.

4. The Cleric. Some of you maybe confused about this one, but hang in there. This isn't a hymn-singing healer. As for lore, these guys are straight out of Kurast. These are corrupt priests that survived our cleansing in Diablo II. This guy has entered into demonic pacts, done horrible things, and has finally snapped out of it. He's not expecting forgiveness, so he's not going to pretend to be a saint. He is, on the other hand, ready to make the forces of Hell pay for deceiving him and ruining his faith. This is a Hell-fire and Damnation Preacher that literally brings the hellfire and damnation in his base form, focusing on Intellect. But, he also can channel that inward, and have the demons that torment him manifest from within, changing into demons.

Then there's the mechanics. Diablo III is a bit more complicated in terms of class abilities than Diablo II. It's still a bit of a click-fest, but you have a lot more abilities readily at your finger tips. As such, shape-shifting could handle very differently:

1. It could be a complete skill category, and the form you take influences your primary and secondary attacks, among others. In your original form they could be spells, but in your shape-shifted form they'd become melee strikes, ranged attacks, or different spells. Your gear and the stats you choose for it may reflect your favored shapeshifting form: Str gear if you like to turn into a melee juggernaut, Int gear if you're changing into something that casts more spells, Dex if you like your more agile form.

2. Each ability could cause short term metamorphosis. One ability may be a devastating melee attack and every time you use it turns you into a bear, and another could be a speedy strike that turns you into a wolf-man or something like that. Still could allow for specific builds based on the form you prefer, but it does make your shape-shifting more dynamic.

3. either way, they could have the base form be int or dex based, and have it shape-shift into the forms that use the unused-stats, and the gear stats could change to go with it if necessary.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:40 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Had a some thoughts on Diablo Classes. I really feel Shape-Shifter is the niche to fill. Druids could make a comeback, but I do have other ideas:

1. The Skin-walker: I've talked about these guys before Native American black-magic users. Super dark and super creepy. I'd imagine them in there base form having spears, then changing into bears, eagles, etc. Basically a native American Druid. That said, I do feel that there may not be room for another aboriginal spell-caster.

2. The Changeling: from the old fairy tales where fairies and witches and goblins (or demons) made bargains with mortals and exacted a the price of their first-born child. For this class, this is the child, years later, having learned shape-shifting as a way to cope and survive in their immortal guardian's realm. Now they are back, looking for answers, revenge, a place in this mortal world, etc. I'm imagining the base form is a young nobleman (if not prince/princess) complete with rapier and dagger (we don't have a swashbuckler yet either, but it's less needed), who can either change into various demons embodying strength, intelligence and dexterity, or fairy tale creatures, such as elves, ogres, and imps/crones.

3. The Night Lord. Ok, basically a vampire/were-wolf, only none of this undeath business. Kinda going with the Dracula: Untold feel, a nobleman makes a dark pact in order to save his people and becomes a bit of a monster. Base form is intellect, with the ability to transform into a swarm of bats for mobility and perform hypnosis based cc, Dexterity form is the were-wolf,and Strength form is an all out Demon.

4. The Cleric. Some of you maybe confused about this one, but hang in there. This isn't a hymn-singing healer. As for lore, these guys are straight out of Kurast. These are corrupt priests that survived our cleansing in Diablo II. This guy has entered into demonic pacts, done horrible things, and has finally snapped out of it. He's not expecting forgiveness, so he's not going to pretend to be a saint. He is, on the other hand, ready to make the forces of Hell pay for deceiving him and ruining his faith. This is a Hell-fire and Damnation Preacher that literally brings the hellfire and damnation in his base form, focusing on Intellect. But, he also can channel that inward, and have the demons that torment him manifest from within, changing into demons.

Then there's the mechanics. Diablo III is a bit more complicated in terms of class abilities than Diablo II. It's still a bit of a click-fest, but you have a lot more abilities readily at your finger tips. As such, shape-shifting could handle very differently:

1. It could be a complete skill category, and the form you take influences your primary and secondary attacks, among others. In your original form they could be spells, but in your shape-shifted form they'd become melee strikes, ranged attacks, or different spells. Your gear and the stats you choose for it may reflect your favored shapeshifting form: Str gear if you like to turn into a melee juggernaut, Int gear if you're changing into something that casts more spells, Dex if you like your more agile form.

2. Each ability could cause short term metamorphosis. One ability may be a devastating melee attack and every time you use it turns you into a bear, and another could be a speedy strike that turns you into a wolf-man or something like that. Still could allow for specific builds based on the form you prefer, but it does make your shape-shifting more dynamic.

3. either way, they could have the base form be int or dex based, and have it shape-shift into the forms that use the unused-stats, and the gear stats could change to go with it if necessary.
These kinds of ideas are exactly what they seem to be doing. Taking old class ideas and making them "edgier". I think if they went for any of these it would be good, but I'm still hoping they keep the werewolf/werebear thing
Old 12-25-2015, 02:57 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Considering that we now have two classes that use each stat (dex for monks and DHs, str for templars and barbs, int for wizs and WDs) we should either see some class that keys off of vitality, somehow (maybe casting from their hit points?) or a class that can use all three stats.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:23 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Teleport to have no cooldown again. I got mad and quit playing my wiz this season because Aether Walker refused to drop and Wiz's just aren't really that fun without no cd teleport.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Next expansion?

Skovos sounds like it'd be a good place. Anywhere that looks different from the Western Kingdoms (and that we haven't yet seen). I'd also be cool with Xiansai, Ivgorod, or the jungles south of Kurast.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-30-2016, 08:44 AM

If D3 gets another expansion and class, I hope that the next class's characters will be less dreary and serious than most others, just like the two wizards.

What does this mean for necromancers? Am I against them? No, it just means that I am pro cheerful necromancers. (With colourful Egyptian aesthetics and a new name.)

Anyways, D3 needs a new. Seasons are fun, but it's still always the same old six classes...
Old 04-30-2016, 10:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
If D3 gets another expansion and class, I hope that the next class's characters will be less dreary and serious than most others, just like the two wizards.

What does this mean for necromancers? Am I against them? No, it just means that I am pro cheerful necromancers. (With colourful Egyptian aesthetics and a new name.)

Anyways, D3 needs a new. Seasons are fun, but it's still always the same old six classes...
Those, I'd simply call priests. Maybe focus on golems. The suck the life out of enemies in order to empower golems......... I can dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Considering that we now have two classes that use each stat (dex for monks and DHs, str for templars and barbs, int for wizs and WDs) we should either see some class that keys off of vitality, somehow (maybe casting from their hit points?) or a class that can use all three stats.
Just gonna say, a shapeshifter can be pretty flexible with what stats it relies on. I imagine you could choose gear to support the form you like best.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 04-30-2016 at 10:42 PM..
Old 05-02-2016, 03:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

d2 druid plz. kill high heavens. kill demons. kill shit i dunno dont care about the enemy, just want the d2 druid that could go werebear or werewolf.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:18 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I wasn't the biggest fan of the barb being recycled from D2; I'd rather have a class "inspired" by the druid but be culturally, historically and visually distinct (like the sorceress vs. wizard, paladin vs. templar, assassin vs. monk, etc.)

Maybe call it the "Lycanthrope" or "Therianthrope", or somehow go native American in its trappings and call it a "Skinwalker."
Old 05-02-2016, 08:27 AM

Too bad that only nephalem can be playable.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:47 AM

Elune

Necromancer class art for female and male appeared on blizzards subsite check diablofans
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-01-2016, 08:57 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Necromancer class art for female and male appeared on blizzards subsite check diablofans
So probably a D3 expansion and not a new game?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:36 PM

Elune

and unfortunately a witch doctor thing.

Unless they have made a necro mancer that can transform himself

which would be fucking sweet.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-02-2016, 05:00 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
and unfortunately a witch doctor thing.

Unless they have made a necro mancer that can transform himself

which would be fucking sweet.
Jay Wilson did say that they attempted to make the WD in a manner that gave room for the Necro. Personally, fuck the WD. I wanted a Paladin and Necromancer classes, and I got the Crusader, so now I'm waiting for the Necro.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Jay Wilson did say that they attempted to make the WD in a manner that gave room for the Necro. Personally, fuck the WD. I wanted a Paladin and Necromancer classes, and I got the Crusader, so now I'm waiting for the Necro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:00 AM

Elune

I just want the werebear or werewolf forms on a drood
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-02-2016, 05:05 PM

Elune

I want drood as well
Old 11-04-2016, 05:01 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I want drood as well
I enjoyed playing druid, but overall it was actually a pretty terrible class. It had aesthetic, and that was about it. It didn't really bring anything new except its half-assed shapeshifting.

Tags
expac, world of warcraft