Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 02-10-2016, 07:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
The guy Witchdoctor man, his VO is phenomenal and he's just a great character (I haven't played lady witchdoctor, but I'm sure she's got similar panache).

Even better is when you play Witchdoctor with the Enchantress. They have some of my favorite conversations the game has to offer. Highly recommend.
This. Witch Doctor is the best thing in the whole game.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I'm not hearing as much dialogue this round, for some reason. I remember getting a lot of back-and-forth between the monk and the scoundrel, but folks are quiet with the witch doctor.

Again rolled my eyes at Azmodan's insistence on telegraphing all his plans.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 02-13-2016, 12:37 AM

Elune

Beat Reaper of Souls. A solid expansion, all in all, but Malthael was too easy. Urzael and Adria put up tough fights, but Malthael was probably the easiest Act boss in the entire game.

I raised the difficulty to Torment, but eventually lowered it back down to Master. This wasn't so much because Torment was hard; rather, it was just too time-consuming. At that level, it takes ages to kill anything above the weakest enemy, and I finally decided it was too tedious.

I guess I'd prefer something where the enemies weren't that tough, but inflicted more damage.

Overall, it was very atmospheric. Nice seeing some companion quests.

If there's another expansion, I'm guessing it'll tackle the freed Dirgest, Leah's soul, and maybe the player's potential corruptibility. The last one might work better was a basis for Diablo 4, though.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 AM

World Builder

Perhaps not the player's corruptibility, but other nephalem.

I mean, with the world stone destroyed, there'd be others eventually...

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-13-2016, 12:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Perhaps not the player's corruptibility, but other nephalem.

I mean, with the world stone destroyed, there'd be others eventually...
The ending implied that your character would be the next big target (since Diablo protagonists are apparently contractually forbidden from having happy endings), though your point stands.

Still hoping for Skovos, Xiansai, or the Torajan Jungles as the location for the next expansion.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:27 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

If you ever feel like levelling another character (Seasons!), grab a Crusader and hire the Templar.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:59 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post

I guess I'd prefer something where the enemies weren't that tough, but inflicted more damage.
Play a DH or a mage. They're much more squishy. Consider playing a seasonal character. You'll get a complete set after completing certain objectives from the season journey. This will help you kill enemies faster in Torment.

Alternatively, you could farm a set with your non-seasonal character but that takes more time.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 05-22-2016, 12:29 PM

Demon Hunter

Enjoyed hearing your first impressions. I'm by no means a dedicated diablo player but when overwatch closedbeta went down I ended up coming back to try it for a bit. Really really enjoyed it thus far. Finally came to terms with something that hindered my enjoyment of the game previously: that the game is super ultra mega chill.

I'm the type that can get their hands literally shaking from adrenaline in video games (ex. Overwatch overtime or Dayz) and yet even in the most dangerous of fights in D3 with grift guardian and multiple elite/rare packs where I can get 1 shot (dh), its still not enough to elicit any sort of emotional response from me.

THAT SAID - I don't think its a bad thing. Its nice to have a game like that. I don't expect to be super engaged by Diablo anymore, its kinda just a mindless grindy chill activity, and so I'm not so disappointed by the lack of mechanical difficulty.
And with all the Season journey stuff, the paths of progression at end game are clear and streamlined, a big difference from when I last played where I would hit max level, get bored and simply start a new character. The set you get for free at 70 is a dope addition to launch you into endgame too.

Tags
diablo, diablo iii