Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
Arise, ye prisoners of oppression,
Arise, ye wretched of the Earth,
For Justice thunders condemnation,
A better world in birth!
I've already read my share of Marx in college, so I'll pass.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 07-07-2016, 03:02 PM

Banished

Anyway, here's another act to thank Obama for:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/09/us...tary-build-up/

Old 07-07-2016, 03:07 PM

Elune

I thought that $150 billion were Iranian assets we freezed during the sanctions.

I don't trust the Iranians to not build a nuclear weapon and know that they are many other things we should hold them accountable for but we didn't just give them $150 billion AFAIK.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:32 PM

Banished

The sourcr says 1.7 billion but still, sending money to Iran.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
So.... I'm trying to correctly argue against the whole race IQ controversy thing over here and I'm wondering if people have links against it.

A number of people do the hand wave of "that's racist" or just say "it's culture" but the key is being able to adequately argue against it with proper research as opposed to hand waving it.

You get to the point in the argument where differences still exist despite the same economic background and that's the point where I'm left scratching my head on the "where do we go from here?" in the research department.

Help is appreciated.
Here is a start. Lead poisoning is pretty bad for IQ.

Wish I could help more, but ultimately people who go "black people have lower IQ (and thus are subhuman and should be separate from or subordinate to white people)" are not going to be swayed by any evidence. Particularly since racists ignore the possibility of historical deeds having effects that last into the modern day more complicated than "America wins independence from Britain -> we have America today, yay!". And also environmental factors on people.

Heck, right now, I doubt you will ever find a conservative who believes there is a link between lead and violence. I'd love to be proven wrong, but conservatives never do anything that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
Well, first of all, no one's going to win against Israel. They will nuke the entire world before they lose.

Secondly, Obama has also helped provide aid to Israel, so at best he is being capitalistic toward any Israel vs anyone wars. At least if you ignore the part where the US gives Israel money so Israel can buy stuff from the US.

Third, even if Iran does go after Israel... that will give you Republicans carte blanche to invade Iran and install a democracy like in Afghanistan and Iraq! The neoconservative dream of America shooting the world's evils away will come true! What more could you want, really?

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:13 PM

World Builder

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2014/1...conomic-Growth

Quote:
While some arguments against more immigration are rooted in preserving American cultural norms, others are based on economics. Failure to account for the benefits of immigration, which outweigh the costs in the aggregate, is the reason behind economic arguments against immigration. A growth-oriented immigration policy would allow a greater number of immigrants to legally enter, stay, and work in the United States.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cli...10.html?ref=gs

Quote:
“[A] study from the National Bureau of Economic Research shows that immigrants are imperfect substitutes for native US workers due to different occupation choices and skills and immigration has a positive effect on the average wage of US-born workers overall,” BAML noted.

EDIT:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-off...52.html?ref=gs

My money is on politically motivated morons, who wants to bet on crazy?

Quote:
A massive manhunt is underway for at least two snipers, and Police Chief David Brown warned “there might be a bomb planted” in downtown Dallas. The chief said officers have one suspect cornered. The department published a photo of one of the wanted suspects.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
10 police officers shot, 4 dead,
Old 07-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-off...52.html?ref=gs

My money is on politically motivated morons, who wants to bet on crazy?
It's Black Lives Matter.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:07 AM

Elune

Oh my God. This is awful.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:19 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-08-2016, 05:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

If you can't tell a peaceful BLM protest apart from the assholes who attacked the cops, you're being an utter moron.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:16 AM

Elune

How can anyone claim to be the good guys when they are sniping out police officers indiscriminately?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
If you can't tell a peaceful BLM protest apart from the assholes who attacked the cops, you're being an utter moron.
>Left-wing supported group has members do something violent/controversial
THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR THE WHOLE MOVEMENT YOU SHITLORDS, IT'S ONLY A SMALL NUMBER WHO DON'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE.

>Right-wing supported group has members do something violent/controversial
UGH, TYPICAL -PHOBIC BIGOTED SCUMBAGS. TYPICAL ATTITUDE FROM SUCH A HATE GROUP.

I'm sure that ambushing and killing officers will greatly improve a situation where officers draw their own weapons usually over concern that a suspect themselves is carrying and will use it on them. Yes.

Last edited by Drusus; 07-08-2016 at 06:31 AM..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:45 AM

Elune

All this anti police rhetoric helps legitimise these attackers.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:49 AM

Problemsolver

Damn it, United States, what's wrong with you?

This constant massacre bullshit is getting real fubar. When I heard about this all I could think was something like "this is to the surprise of nobody". Something is extremely wrong with your society when news like this starts to become the norm.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:51 AM

World Builder

Well.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-08-2016, 08:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
How can anyone claim to be the good guys when they are sniping out police officers indiscriminately?
Are you seriously claiming that #BLM is organizing these people to shoot cops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
>Left-wing supported group has members do something violent/controversial
THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR THE WHOLE MOVEMENT YOU SHITLORDS, IT'S ONLY A SMALL NUMBER WHO DON'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE.

>Right-wing supported group has members do something violent/controversial
UGH, TYPICAL -PHOBIC BIGOTED SCUMBAGS. TYPICAL ATTITUDE FROM SUCH A HATE GROUP.

I'm sure that ambushing and killing officers will greatly improve a situation where officers draw their own weapons usually over concern that a suspect themselves is carrying and will use it on them. Yes.
Show me a "left-wing" activist group that is calling for or inciting violence. #BLM most definitely has and is not.

On the flipside, do you want me to go on a 2 page list of far right fearmongering groups that either openly or with coded language incite violence? Lol, you have the prime example in Trump right now, he literally tells his followers to beat dissidents up and he'll pay for their legal costs.

Last edited by miffy23; 07-08-2016 at 08:10 AM..
Old 07-08-2016, 08:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Are you seriously claiming that #BLM is organizing these people to shoot cops?
I don't think BLM organizes anything. It is just an angry mob. The anti-police rhetoric people like to get off on isn't very helpful though.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I don't think BLM organizes anything. It is just an angry mob. The anti-police rhetoric people like to get off on isn't very helpful though.
For sure, but how are you going to combat that when literally every few weeks or more frequently another unarmed black man gets shot to death for no apparent reason? Or when almost none of the involved cops are actually prosecuted for any misdemeanor, yet alone a crime?

#BLM exists exactly because there is no apparent justice for these victims, nothing is happening in any tangible way or form, in fact the visibility of these killings has only skyrocketed because everyone is sensitized towards them now.

What are they to do? Fold their hands and trust the system will work in their favour eventually, when it shows them almost on a daily basis how it does the opposite?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
For sure, but how are you going to combat that when literally every few weeks or more frequently another unarmed black man gets shot to death for no apparent reason? Or when almost none of the involved cops are actually prosecuted for any misdemeanor, yet alone a crime?

#BLM exists exactly because there is no apparent justice for these victims, nothing is happening in any tangible way or form, in fact the visibility of these killings has only skyrocketed because everyone is sensitized towards them now.

What are they to do? Fold their hands and trust the system will work in their favour eventually, when it shows them almost on a daily basis how it does the opposite?
A white guy got shot the other day it's just since he's not black the media won't be all over it. Hell more white people get shot than blacks contrary to what you want to believe. Let's stop pretending like this is something that occurs far more than it actually does just because the media loves their ratings. If the media reported on every shooting in Chicago rather than just the stats of '82 people shot and 14 killed on the 4th of July weekend alone' you'd think there's a giant ass war going on in that city (well maybe that's not too far from the truth there).

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-08-2016 at 10:01 AM..
Old 07-08-2016, 10:03 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
A white guy got shot the other day it's just since he's not black the media won't be all over it.

Hell more white people get shot than blacks contrary to what you want to believe. Let's stop pretending like this is something that occurs far more than it actually does just because the media loves their ratings. If the media reported on every shooting in Chicago rather than just the stats of '82 people shot and 14 killed on the 4th of July weekend alone' you'd think there's a giant ass war going on in that city (well maybe that's not too far from the truth there).
What were the circumstances he was shot in?

What's the proportion of shootings though?

I would love to be convinced that I'm wrong Levi, get the statistics.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-08-2016, 10:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
What were the circumstances he was shot in?

What's the proportion of shootings though?

I would love to be convinced that I'm wrong Levi, get the statistics.
What statistics are you asking me for? Are you asking me to do a completely ludicrous thing of getting info on every single death by cop to see why each person died? Would you agree with the same circumstances for both groups? If by proportion you mean the amount based on the population of both races then yes more blacks got killed...and blacks are statistically committing more crimes unfortunately due to cities like Chicago and its huge problems. But besides that 776 people have died to cops this year (of a population of 318 million and thousands and thousands of cops) with 161 being unarmed and 385 of them being white and 66 being unarmed. Even of the 161 unarmed 39 were killed from tasers and 26 from vehicles (which I'd imagine if I looked into that stat includes car chases).
Old 07-08-2016, 10:23 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
What statistics are you asking me for? Are you asking me to do a completely ludicrous thing of getting info on every single death by cop to see why each person died? Would you agree with the same circumstances for both groups? If by proportion you mean the amount based on the population of both races then yes more blacks got killed...and blacks are statistically committing more crimes unfortunately due to cities like Chicago and its huge problems. But besides that 776 people have died to cops this year (of a population of 318 million and thousands and thousands of cops) with 161 being unarmed and 385 of them being white and 66 being unarmed. Even of the 161 unarmed 39 were killed from tasers and 26 from vehicles (which I'd imagine if I looked into that stat includes car chases).
This is what I'm talking about though, these are just the ones that are recorded and become known, but because police do not generally keep these types of statistics, there is no way to properly refute the accusation that there is a systemic problem, which is supported by current events.

The only way this all stops is if Police rebuild the public trust.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-08-2016, 10:26 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Some relevant statistics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...tates#Homicide
Quote:
According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-08-2016, 10:32 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
No one's denying that, to the best of my knowledge, the argument is that because black people are statistically given harsher punishment for the same crimes

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...bmission_0.pdf

And face harsher discipline pretty much from the moment they're in school

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/ed...hows.html?_r=0

And are less likely to be extended job offers

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ely-get-respo/

And that creates the disparities we see in crime and economic status.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president