Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Sentinel Queen

Any more screens of the Faol stuff/ his story?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
And yet the Alliance still has more characters than the Horde do, apparently.
I just hope Genn can die so people like you (read: alliance fans like cosmic, fojar and 70% of the plebs here) can cry. because that is all you care about "mai allyance is ze precious. GHOLLUM GHOLLUM GHOLLUM. IT HAS KILLED ME PRECIOUS LeADERS I MUST BURNZ IT YEZZ I MUST BURNZ IT KILL IT EAT IT."

filthy rats.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I just hope Genn can die so people like you (read: alliance fans like cosmic, fojar and 70% of the plebs here) can cry. because that is all you care about "mai allyance is ze precious. GHOLLUM GHOLLUM GHOLLUM. IT HAS KILLED ME PRECIOUS LeADERS I MUST BURNZ IT YEZZ I MUST BURNZ IT KILL IT EAT IT."

filthy rats.
Blow me, cuntnugget.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
IT'S A MIRACLE! General Tiras'alan lives! ... ..

..?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
As a warrior your opening is you die.

And you go to Valhalla where Odyn says you're the best warrior and since he cant fight the Legion, you'll do just fine and keeps you from death. He names you his Skylord and first living Valajar.
Quote:
Taurens become the fucking "Highlord" of the Silver Hand and wield the Ashbringer
Quote:
Rogues get "Shadow" quite possibly the blandest name they could of thought up
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eillas View Post
<beyond the concept of LOL>

Ok, at least now I can drop the faint hope of the Lore being anything other than yet more rancid dogshit, and just focus on if the Gameplay is any good or not. If it's not, I'm done for good I think.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:21 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Yeah no you got that completely wrong.

CMs will scale endlessly, but not the rewards. Making it a great alternative endgame activity next to or instead of raiding for those that want to, but gear will not be replacing raiding gear. They've already stated that the best rewards will be rare procs, much like they are now in Mythic dungeons (where every 1/20 or so drops may actually proc the maximum possible 720 ilvl).

Plus no setboni etc.

Suffice it to say those that aren't able to do at least CM Silver type difficulty will not even come close to that level of ilvl rewards from the new CMs.

Far worse in terms of everything else but raids.
A lot of QoL changes that were good, but overall the lore was utterly uninteresting and dumb, there was far too little to do for everyone including raiders, and Garrisons were a dumb idea.
you are so wrong about everything, the cm gear ilvl will be based off the level of CM you do with a chance for it to proc higher than your current level

it's gonna work like rifts in D3 like you do a tier 5 CM and you get tier 5 cm gear but a chance to proc tier 6 or 7 if you do well enough with a greater proc chance on better loots with the weekly cache, we also have no clue if they are adding tier to CM's but they should, CM's should be renamed mythic dungeons mythic dungeons should be renamed heroics, heroics renamed to just dungeons and leveling dungeons/normals renamed to leveling dungeons but most importantly they need to remove the fucking timer from CMS or add it to mythic raids

like you zone into your mythic raid you get 1 hour 30 to finish it or no one gets any loot because timed content in a mmo is dumb as shit "oh sorry your tanks internet went out too bad you lose your keystone and loot cause le timer runs Xdddd" or you know how it makes the absolute top dps classes actually mandatory, timers = 1 or 2% dps increases being mandatory or the timer being so irrelevant that they have 0 game impact either way and just create unnecessary pressure

where as an enrage in a 20 man can be tuned to simply disallow people from retard dying in drove or bringing in 8 or 9 healers or something else retarded but you can add enrages to all the bosses in the CM to avoid it

but I'm waiting to withhold judgment to see how everything actually works

and mythic 5 mans should be tuned just as hard as mythic 20 mans and give the same rewards

cata was far better in every way the WoD, firelands hub was 10000x better than tanan, and tier 11 was better than every raid in WoD combined WoD's raids are about on the level of firelands or DS though WoD raids do get an advantage of having more bosses but there was also 0 5 mans added and the 5 mans that we did get were 100% worthless so I'd even give the instanced end game to cata

like I don't want fucking 4 raid difficulties

throw lfr in the garbage if you have too and take normal too and readd catch up 5 mans to fill the role of lfr and tune heroic raids so that the first couple bosses are easier and the last couple bosses have more mechanics that can be over come by gear grind/stacking debuffs over time
Old 12-03-2015, 10:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
eh?
You take the floating Nether Rock of a Annihilan (Mannoroth like demon), and enslave his heart while putting his corpse in display, also you basicly overthrow it making the demons under him your bitches, just like Illidan.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
And yet the Alliance still has more characters than the Horde do, apparently.
Quality > quantity.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Arch-Druid

I've noticed the Dreadlords are back in force, I've seen all of them pretty much, aside from Tichondrious and Malganis.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
I've noticed the Dreadlords are back in force, I've seen all of them pretty much, aside from Tichondrious and Malganis.
Mephistroth finally debuts too!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Quality > quantity.
Whatever you say.

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
Mephistroth finally debuts too!
Yup, seems like he will be your Warlock - story enemy. While the paladin's seems like it will be Balnazzar.

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Ok, at least now I can drop the faint hope of the Lore being anything other than yet more rancid dogshit, and just focus on if the Gameplay is any good or not. If it's not, I'm done for good I think.
I had no problem with it apart from the zombie draenei. And tauren highlords aren't canon. The same way a dk gnome with a pink mohawk soloing Arthas isn't.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

90% of the horde characters are garbage, even the ones I like suck pretty much I mean I only like sylvanas because I think she's gonna go all yandere for Alleria onee-sama

the only horde character that is like competent and not totally grating is loth'remar tbh and even then that's mostly because we've seen so little of him he could be fucking terrible at his job once we learn more
Old 12-03-2015, 10:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
you are so wrong about everything, the cm gear ilvl will be based off the level of CM you do with a chance for it to proc higher than your current level

it's gonna work like rifts in D3 like you do a tier 5 CM and you get tier 5 cm gear but a chance to proc tier 6 or 7 if you do well enough with a greater proc chance on better loots with the weekly cache, we also have no clue if they are adding tier to CM's but they should, CM's should be renamed mythic dungeons mythic dungeons should be renamed heroics, heroics renamed to just dungeons and leveling dungeons/normals renamed to leveling dungeons but most importantly they need to remove the fucking timer from CMS or add it to mythic raids

like you zone into your mythic raid you get 1 hour 30 to finish it or no one gets any loot because timed content in a mmo is dumb as shit "oh sorry your tanks internet went out too bad you lose your keystone and loot cause le timer runs Xdddd" or you know how it makes the absolute top dps classes actually mandatory, timers = 1 or 2% dps increases being mandatory or the timer being so irrelevant that they have 0 game impact either way and just create unnecessary pressure

where as an enrage in a 20 man can be tuned to simply disallow people from retard dying in drove or bringing in 8 or 9 healers or something else retarded but you can add enrages to all the bosses in the CM to avoid it

but I'm waiting to withhold judgment to see how everything actually works

and mythic 5 mans should be tuned just as hard as mythic 20 mans and give the same rewards
Er you don't seem to fully understand. They've already stated that while there is NO cap to the difficulty scaling (which will make for interesting leaderboard duels and maybe cosmetic seasonal rewards and stuff) there WILL be a cap on the rewards, and they will not exceed average raid ilvls. The thing is, that's the tip of the pyramid according to them and it won't be something you can expect. They've also stated that the weekly reward chest for CM dungeons will contain the best reward (which may well be raid-level).

Long story short, CM dungeons will not be a way of gearing up reliably for raids, but rather something to complement raid gear, much like Mythic dungeons are right now, but harder for that level of rewards respectively.

For those that simply want to push those, naturally they will be a good alternative to 20 man organized groups, but it'S not going to be the simple way to get the "best gear" for all those uninterested in raiding.

The simple answer why not: you can't have raiders be able to gear fully at Mythic lvl before raiding Mythic. Hence why CM dungeons are do NOT scale your gear, instead YOUR gear and ability determines how far you can go. Ergo when you're fully Heroic raidgeared, you'll be able to occasionally score a Mythic quality piece of gear if you play really well. Savvy?

They've already stated that CMs and Mythic dungeons are gone. Heroic is the base level, and after that it scales endlessly with a cap on rewards as I explained above. It's as flexible as you want it to be.
Furthermore yes it does work like D3 GREATER Rifts, as in there is a time limit to beat. It won't be as silly as Gold CM was, but it will certainly severely test your group. If you don't have the combined gear and ability to beat the timer, you don't advance. Simple.

CM dungeons in Legion will not let you gear up at Mythic level before raiding Mythic, is the essence here. Although it's likely you'll be able to score 1 or 2 BiS pieces for yourself when you're at Heroic level and starting Mythic, for example.

Quote:
like I don't want fucking 4 raid difficulties
Well, then don't play them all.

Although I also don't think LFR serves any purpose, for other reasons though.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Yup, seems like he will be your Warlock - story enemy. While the paladin's seems like it will be Balnazzar.
And the Mage has Kathra'Natir.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
And the Mage has Kathra'Natir.
Hrm. Didn't notice the Priests getting any. Xal'atath seems surprisingly helpful. Sure, he'll eat our souls if we fail to accomplish our goals, but he's still helping us further our goals.

Elune

Honestly the only thing my jimmies are rustled over is that apparently the Kirin Tor handed the Forsaken a section of their city.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Horde just have belf characters anyway

Alliance have soo many.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-03-2015, 10:40 AM

Eternal

And I'm just Calia now. Lordaeron is no more

*distant sound of Fojar either dropping dead or exploding.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 12-03-2015, 10:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
And I'm just Calia now. Lordaeron is no more

*distant sound of Fojar either dropping dead or exploding.
You guys really really really misunderstood me if you think I'm upset by this.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Hrm. Didn't notice the Priests getting any. Xal'atath seems surprisingly helpful. Sure, he'll eat our souls if we fail to accomplish our goals, but he's still helping us further our goals.
Balnazzar is likely also involved, since he fears their disc weapon.

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Honestly the only thing my jimmies are rustled over is that apparently the Kirin Tor handed the Forsaken a section of their city.
They're a part of this world, aren't they?
Old 12-03-2015, 10:42 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Think of it as the Kirin Tor going full Democrat

Quote:
the only horde character that is like competent and not totally grating is loth'remar tbh and even then that's mostly because we've seen so little of him he could be fucking terrible at his job once we learn more
He is good, if a little bit duplicitous.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...hemar-theron/1
Old 12-03-2015, 10:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
You guys really really really misunderstood me if you think I'm upset by this.
Well, it means Calia doesn't give a shit about Lordaeron and is entirely neutral.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:43 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Sassy for Wartrader of the Horde!

@Krakhed:
For Fojar, what matters is that she doesn't acknowledge the new Lordaeron state.

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone