Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of these allied race combos would you prefer?
Vrykul (A)/MU Clans (H) 11 28.95%
Kul Tirans (A)/MU Clans (H) 16 42.11%
Kul Tirans (A)/AU Clans (H) 9 23.68%
Vrykul (A)/AU Clans (H) 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Well, failing cursed arakkoa, I would not mind the Alliance having another pretty race that's still remarkably different in what type of magic they use. No arcane, no light, no druidism, but shadow magic. I don't think they should be the elvish type of pretty though, they should be more like Draenei with odd features along with the prettiness.
While I was joking, it wouldn't surprise me if the next couple races turned out more on the pretty, not-animal side. As great as worgen (with a fitting model) and goblins are, those kinds of races simply aren't popular enough. Same with pandaren.

So... which exotic features would you like to see, on your new elf-goats?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

No more elves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
While I was joking, it wouldn't surprise me if the next couple races turned out more on the pretty, not-animal side. As great as worgen (with a fitting model) and goblins are, those kinds of races simply aren't popular enough. Same with pandaren.

So... which exotic features would you like to see, on your new elf-goats?
Unless it's Arakkoa or Mantid, I don't want more animal/monster races on the Alliance just simply because I prefer Worgen keeping to the theme of being the token savage monster race in an otherwise pristine faction.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
No more elves.
Indeed, we need more troll subraces. We need playable nightborne, san'layn, maybe some weird green-skinned plant-covered variation that lives in the emerald dream, stuff like that.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:58 AM

Banished

Saying it again: The Lore is already bad enough for many (most?) existing Races, we seriously do not need more hackjobs for the sake of "LOOK, EXPANSION SELLING POINT!!!!"

Either Blizzard man the fuck up and take on treating Racial Lore/flavour a bit more seriously in-game or just add Sub-races if they really need to add a box to "BUY EXPANSION PLS!"
Old 08-12-2016, 03:47 AM

Unless you're playing a human, your race's story has always been driven forward by neutral or enemy groups, and I doubt that that'll change anytime soon. Blizzard should just make sure to add races that are guaranteed to show up again, instead of adding races like worgen, gnomes or pandaren. From a racial lore standpoint, murlocs would be a far better candidate than those three because we will always fight murlocs.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:07 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mending View Post
personally i'd like to see non-serpentine merpeople
Blasphemy!
Old 08-18-2016, 11:17 AM

Which accents would you like new races to have? Would you like Russians? Spaniards? Frenchies? A German sounding race that's even worse than orcs can be?
Old 08-18-2016, 12:13 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Which accents would you like new races to have? Would you like Russians? Spaniards? Frenchies? A German sounding race that's even worse than orcs can be?
Oh Spanish definitely.

Also Japanese, Arabic, West African, Icelandic, and Brazilian Portugese accents please.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:45 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

A Warforged Mechanical race? Perhaps make one of the original Titanic Constructs playable. I know a lot of people on Moon Guard like to RP as Clockwork golems, so that would be a niche that could be exploited.

I kinda want Persian accented, Persian themed Sand Trolls, that aren't Zul'farrak that had their own Empire separate of the Gurubashi and had troops modeled after Immortals.

Possibly an unexplored large Archipelago between Tanaris and Pandaria exists or even an island chain that belongs to Tel Abim that houses this decent sized Sand Troll Empire. Known as conquerors in the past, but also as liberal rulers, allowing their conquered subjects self rule. They shared many conflicts and wars with their Zandalari Cousins and Mogu opposites.

Could be interesting.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 AM

Warden

If a race amounts to a texture swap of an existing one, I doubt they'll be ever be anything but a customization option. Nightborne, Dark Iron, Mag'har, etc., could be accomplished by just adding some new choices in character creation.

If we are going to receive a new race it should come with a new model, new animations, unique customization options, and so forth. Ogres, Naga, Arakkoa, Ethereals, are all good candidates, the first two particularly so for being around since the RTS games.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:50 AM

Eternal

I don't think being an RTS race is enough to qualify as a good playable race. What could ogres really bring that isn't already covered by the Horde? The Roman aesthetic perhaps, but do we really expect Blizz to bring it back after WoD's reception?
Old 08-19-2016, 09:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
I don't think being an RTS race is enough to qualify as a good playable race. What could ogres really bring that isn't already covered by the Horde? The Roman aesthetic perhaps, but do we really expect Blizz to bring it back after WoD's reception?
What did the Pandaren bring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:08 AM

If you want your race to get lore, RTS races that showed up on more than one tileset are a good option.

Arakkoa? Taunka? Tuskarr? Yeah, sure. Like those are gonna show up outside of Draenor/Outland or Northrend.

Gnolls? Murlocs? Yes, those are bond to appear in future expansions and get some lore, even if it's just one short line in a murloc killing quest.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
A developed culture and architecture quite unlike any other race, an entirely separate history of ten thousand years, fat people, monks, adorable fuzzy-wuzzieness.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Just let me play as a Dark Iron Dwarf and I'm good to go at this point.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:41 AM

Eternal

Let's trade Draenei for Ogres and Worgen for Naga. Then we can add "new" races.

Honestly, I'd still like to see Nerubians(H) and Centars(A). I don't want to start another bipedal or mount discussion. I just want to see it in game. Nerubian Paladins would be cool as shit.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:45 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urth View Post
Let's trade Draenei for Ogres and Worgen for Naga. Then we can add "new" races.

Honestly, I'd still like to see Nerubians(H) and Centars(A). I don't want to start another bipedal or mount discussion. I just want to see it in game. Nerubian Paladins would be cool as shit.
Ogres should not be on Alliance.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-19-2016, 10:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Monks, unique aesthetic, and the best expansion.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:59 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
but do we really expect Blizz to bring it back after WoD's reception?
They should. One only good piece of Lore we got in WoD. Plus the supposed Ogre continent.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:39 PM

Warden

Quote:
You are right that it is not enough to simply be something from the days of Warcraft II or Reign of Chaos or even The Frozen Throne, but it does make them iconic as races that have been around for a while. Not to mention both have existing cultures to draw from, what with Ogres, as you pointed out, having a Ancient Rome aesthetic thanks to WoD, and Naga employing an Indian/Atlantean theme. While Ogres have been in a tight spot, they are very prolific, and there is nothing to say that some Titan thingamijig could help uplift them to their former status.

And as for WoD, people have an aversion to the premise and "MOAR ORCS", not the smaller details introduced. I am fairly certain people loved the Draenei aesthetic that was fleshed out, and that Ogres could amount to more than dumb brutes.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Ogres should not be on Alliance.
This is why you and I could never get married.

I'ma go play in Urthcraft and workshop the Noble class.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:26 PM

Eternal

You know, I'll be surprised if we never get ethereals or Naga in some form.

But what I want most is to play an Alliance blood elf, but since that's unrealistic, I'll settle for a high elf, which still might happen. Even if they can't be demon hunters, I'd main one.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:33 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
You know, I'll be surprised if we never get ethereals or Naga in some form.
With how much people clamored for Demon Hunters. Naga and Ethereal are dangerously not too far off.

Quote:
But what I want most is to play an Alliance blood elf, but since that's unrealistic, I'll settle for a high elf, which still might happen. Even if they can't be demon hunters, I'd main one.
Honestly. I rather have the High Elves absorbed into the greater Sin'dorei - Re unification of that race.

And just have the Kaldorei become the new Elf Race for the Alliance. More importantly. Give back all the themes that made the Kaldorei unique and keep them Alliance. Bring in Cenarius' children and the Furbolg. It will be grand!
Old 08-21-2016, 06:02 AM

Problemsolver

Have the Army of Light purify corrupted races in a future expansion to make additions to their ranks.

Purified Satyrs for Alliance. Let's call them Fauns, because that's a mythological creature WoW hasn't touched upon yet (that I know of). And Elves clearly need more branches in their genetic family tree, and Night Elves need better friends than the Worgen.

Tags
brace yourselves, drunk thread, eredar attaque, lordaeron is coming, races, warcraft, world of warcraft