Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 03:22 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Alleria gets a Void Form. What are the chances Sylvanas is interested in that?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Sentinel Queen

The fennec fox pet put together with the new ethereal models make my New Expansion Senses tingle. Especially after the way they used the mystic runesaber mount.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
The fennec fox pet put together with the new ethereal models make my New Expansion Senses tingle. Especially after the way they used the mystic runesaber mount.
Yeah, especially since they said in the announcement that the fennec wasn't supposed to be announced until Blizzcon but Hurricanes Harvey and Irma made it more impactful to release now, and that Alleria and Locus Walker's stories just abruptly end in a blatant "this will be important later, probably the next expansion" manner.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Yeah, especially since they said in the announcement that the fennec wasn't supposed to be announced until Blizzcon but Hurricanes Harvey and Irma made it more impactful to release now, and that Alleria and Locus Walker's stories just abruptly end in a blatant "this will be important later, probably the next expansion" manner.
We still don't even know how they actually met, which I'm 95% sure will covered in a novel.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Arch-Druid

I wonder if Turalyon knows about Locus-Walker.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
Thanks god. She's fucking ugly in that form !
This is an opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
*pours one out for playable naga*
Old 09-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
*pours one out for playable naga*
Not going to happen let this dream die.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:14 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Not going to happen let this dream die.
You could tie me to a thousand park benches, but I'll still keep dreaming!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
We still don't even know how they actually met, which I'm 95% sure will covered in a novel.
Yea the novel Golden is writing probably deals with the new Army of the Light characters and Turalyon and Alleria.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I wonder if choosing between Shadow and Light will be a feature in the next expansion. We kinda do something like that with the Netherlight Crucible and Alleria shows us that the good guys can also use shadow/void stuff.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:25 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I wonder if choosing between Shadow and Light will be a feature in the next expansion. We kinda do something like that with the Netherlight Crucible and Alleria shows us that the good guys can also use shadow/void stuff.
Until they make Alleria go crazy and serve as the harbinger of the Old Gods in a big dramatic bossfight

EDIT:

Quote:
Hurricanes Harvey and Irma made it more impactful to release now
Huh, How so?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 09-13-2017 at 12:28 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 01:11 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I feel like it's seeding a new class.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 AM

Loremaster

I find it somewhat interesting and telling that based on Velen's dialogue with Turalyon at the end of the new Mac'aree quests, Xe'ra seems to have deliberately kept the Army of the Light ignorant of the naaru Light/Void life cycle.

The naaru of Tempest Keep and the Genedar were pretty up-front about that stuff with Velen and his draenei, but Turalyon seems fairly shocked by the very idea of a darkened naaru when Velen mentions it.

Almost like maybe Xe'ra wasn't just more forceful than the other naaru have been, but was also not necessarily a proponent of preserving the balance between Light and Void, which they've repeatedly been shown to understand and endorse.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-13-2017 at 01:21 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 02:53 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Until they make Alleria go crazy and serve as the harbinger of the Old Gods in a big dramatic bossfight
I thought we established that was Jaina's job.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:19 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
I find it somewhat interesting and telling that based on Velen's dialogue with Turalyon at the end of the new Mac'aree quests, Xe'ra seems to have deliberately kept the Army of the Light ignorant of the naaru Light/Void life cycle.

The naaru of Tempest Keep and the Genedar were pretty up-front about that stuff with Velen and his draenei, but Turalyon seems fairly shocked by the very idea of a darkened naaru when Velen mentions it.

Almost like maybe Xe'ra wasn't just more forceful than the other naaru have been, but was also not necessarily a proponent of preserving the balance between Light and Void, which they've repeatedly been shown to understand and endorse.
Reminds me of when the shadow priest dagger mentions the Naaru seeing the void as abominations to be resisted and such. Perhaps the knaifu actually was somewhat truthful and was referring to Xe'ra and others like her while making it sound like they're all like that. There was also something about the Naaru's former followers before the draenei and some implications that something happened to them. Maybe another nod to Xe'ra?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Old 09-13-2017, 04:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post

Maybe, as the "Mother of Light", she was horrified by what her children could become, while she probably never experienced that herself.

----------------------------

Another notes.

- Like said above, Turalyon was kept on the dark on the nature of Light/Shadow. He's a religious zealot, he believes in the Light as a principle, yet does not really understand it. I like details such as these, may lead into conflict with Alleria, thought Turalyon has also demonstrated he's not a true fanatic and is willing to learn.

- I think the way Blizzard showed the Void in this storyline was spot-on. It's creepy, insidious, mysterious. We can't be sure if Alleria is corrupted or not. She may believe she's safe, she has control, but, as many artifacts this expansion show, power such as this may slowly slide out of control. Turalyon may end up being an important factor in this.

- Locus Walker is an interesting character. Tip: Talk to the Ethereal that sells gear in the Vindicaar after finishing the storyline. You can ask him about Locus Walker, and ethereals answers that Walker has a bad reputation and don't pay his debts.

- A pity that the conversation between Alleria and Walker post-cinematic is bugged. They just disappeared for me after I exited the cinematic.

- I'd love to know the opinions of Velen, Turalyon, Vereesa and Arator about Alleria's actions. I guess we will learn more next expansion, but I doubt we will see interactions about it.

- I think Blizzard will release more of the Argus campaign in 7.3.5, just like they continued the Suramar campaign in 7.1. We will see our advance towards Antorus for sure, but I don't think it'll be as complex as the late Suramar campaign. I'm hoping for the other naaru to appear, with more ships and more warriors of the light, including some familiar "faces". I'd really like to know about A'dal and the other Sha'tar naaru.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 09-13-2017 at 05:44 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 08:10 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post

- I think the way Blizzard showed the Void in this storyline was spot-on. It's creepy, insidious, mysterious. We can't be sure if Alleria is corrupted or not. She may believe she's safe, she has control, but, as many artifacts this expansion show, power such as this may slowly slide out of control. Turalyon may end up being an important factor in this.
I'm on the opposite in here. It felt very out of place to me (just as, say, the Nexus War going concomitant to the Scourge events in WotLK, with both forces being right next to each other while totally ignorant of their mutual existences) and the entire storyline felt just dumped in my face, as if catching an ongoing movie. I believe the latter to be intentional and that it will be clarified in another moment, probably through a book I'll never buy or read, but hopefully in the next expansion. Plus the Void in there is just Purple Fel. It stains the ground, contaminates the individuals and minerals... replace demons with void entities and there you have it.

The conclusion to Velen's events, however, was awesome.

Quote:
- Locus Walker is an interesting character. Tip: Talk to the Ethereal that sells gear in the Vindicaar after finishing the storyline. You can ask him about Locus Walker, and ethereals answers that Walker has a bad reputation and don't pay his debts.
This was a great touch indeed. The new ethereal models are amazing as well.

Quote:
- I'd love to know the opinions of Velen, Turalyon, Vereesa and Arator about Alleria's actions. I guess we will learn more next expansion, but I doubt we will see interactions about it.
I believe that Velen, per his reaction to the Netherlight Crucible, might be less than hostile.

Quote:
- I think Blizzard will release more of the Argus campaign in 7.3.5, just like they continued the Suramar campaign in 7.1. We will see our advance towards Antorus for sure, but I don't think it'll be as complex as the late Suramar campaign. I'm hoping for the other naaru to appear, with more ships and more warriors of the light, including some familiar "faces". I'd really like to know about A'dal and the other Sha'tar naaru.
I truly hope so. As much as I like Argus (which I really do, especially after the storyline reaches Mac'Aree), it stills feels somehow incomplete to me. A Suramar/Landfall campaign would be an awesome way to fill the gaps.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:15 AM

Arch-Druid

Having Alleria go lolcrazy would absolutely ruin the point of her questline, to show that you can use the Void without being evil.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:32 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Having Alleria go lolcrazy would absolutely ruin the point of her questline, to show that you can use the Void without being evil.
Yeah, it's an obvious attempt by Blizzard to progress beyond the "shadow drives people insane" trope and people are already jumping on the Alleria raid boss train.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Yeah, it's an obvious attempt by Blizzard to progress beyond the "shadow drives people insane" trope and people are already jumping on the Alleria raid boss train.
Especially shortsighted when you realize that they already started seeding this with Chronicle, the Apexis Shadow users being the sane ones, while the Light users were those who brought their civilization to ruin
Old 09-13-2017, 08:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I agree.

But that does not mean the journey will be easy. Having a character suffer temptation and tribulations while using a dangerous weapon is always interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
I'm on the opposite in here. It felt very out of place to me (just as, say, the Nexus War going concomitant to the Scourge events in WotLK, with both forces being right next to each other while totally ignorant of their mutual existences) and the entire storyline felt just dumped in my face, as if catching an ongoing movie. I believe the latter to be intentional and that it will be clarified in another moment, probably through a book I'll never buy or read, but hopefully in the next expansion. Plus the Void in there is just Purple Fel. It stains the ground, contaminates the individuals and minerals... replace demons with void entities and there you have it.
That's the problem of having a static world in an MMORPG.

The ethereal incursion and void spread is quite recent (it began sometime between the Army of the Light first incursion into Argus and now). Alleria had scouted the area before and found the Void taint, but it was confined to the building, and no ethereals beside Locus Walker were there. Even the Broken in the area were not all mindless and lost, thought they certainly felt the presence of the Void.

Meanwhile, the Legion largely abandoned Mac'aree. Maybe the place was kind of a open-air museum to the Eredar remind of their past, but they mostly avoided the area. The Legion forces we see in Mac'aree arrived there after we reckovered the first part of the triunvirate crown.

Talgath is aware of the dark naaru inside the building, but not of the ethereals spreading the void taint over the area.

So, in the static world, it feels like everything is happening at the same time. Demons just by the side of a spreading void taint for who knows how long, when in reality the area was probably very quiet just a few weeks before.

Quote:
I believe that Velen, per his reaction to the Netherlight Crucible, might be less than hostile.
I don't expect anyone to be hostile to Alleria, but I'd like to see their concerns and doubts.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-13-2017, 09:00 AM

World Builder

Ah, I always forget they go to charity too.

@Alleria and Void stuff

I understand that it looks like Blizz is trying to progress past the 'lolcrazyvoidshadow' nonsense, but I don't know if they'll actually follow through or do so WELL.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-13-2017, 09:01 AM

Elune

I mean it's not like they don't have a trope of any questionable character going off the deep end and dying.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion