Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Eternal

Default What will happen in the SoO end trailer

Just open to wild speculation.

So in the fight itself we see Garrosh explode, leaving just his shoulder armor. A cut scene takes place, showing all the lore characters involved in the raid miraculously showing up after he's already dead.

Vol'jin helps Thrall stand after him being knocked back by garrosh, and it leads to horde and alliance characters (Thrall, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, lor'themar, Baine and Saurfang vs Varian, Jaina, Mekkatorque, Tyrande and Moira) all facing off in the throne room ready to fight.
Thats when Varian orders the alliance to stand down, regarding some fruity words about what anduin has said and how it needs to end here. Varian remarks how he gives them no quarter, thus allowing them to choose there new warchief, and orders the alliance to leave the city. Jaina looks at Thrall silent with a cold glare, to Thralls ......, and leaves with Varian.

Vol'jin remarks on how the horde needs to be rebuilt and brought together again, and it bans to outside into the streets of orgrimmar, where the horde leaders all stand, and Saurfang giving a speech to the people, about brotherhood and jada jada.

This is where the new warchief is announced, and I won't speculate who that is right now because nobody has a clue who.

Pans back to stormwind where Anduin and Varian are talking about kingship and some shit, and it end with them two just talking about stuff, maybe Anduin smirking thinking about Wrathion's plan failing.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:19 PM

Elune

This is not how it is going to happen.

Also the new Warchief will be Vol'jin.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:20 PM

Banished

I think that part was sarcasm Fojar.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I think that part was sarcasm Fojar.
yeah I forgot to add lordearon in there so it didn't come out as code to him.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:36 PM

Sha of Disappointment

After defeating Garrosh, Mequatorque will break through the wall, yelling OOOH YEAAH! and take the credit for the kill, becoming Warchief in the aftermath.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

A giant tree falls on all of them, killing most of the leaders. Only Gallywix, Velen, and Greymanne survive. They still won't receive screentime in the next expansion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:42 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
Just open to wild speculation.

So in the fight itself we see Garrosh explode, leaving just his shoulder armor. A cut scene takes place, showing all the lore characters involved in the raid miraculously showing up after he's already dead.

Vol'jin helps Thrall stand after him being knocked back by garrosh, and it leads to horde and alliance characters (Thrall, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, lor'themar, Baine and Saurfang vs Varian, Jaina, Mekkatorque, Tyrande and Moira) all facing off in the throne room ready to fight.
Thats when Varian orders the alliance to stand down, regarding some fruity words about what anduin has said and how it needs to end here. Varian remarks how he gives them no quarter, thus allowing them to choose there new warchief, and orders the alliance to leave the city. Jaina looks at Thrall silent with a cold glare, to Thralls ......, and leaves with Varian.

Vol'jin remarks on how the horde needs to be rebuilt and brought together again, and it bans to outside into the streets of orgrimmar, where the horde leaders all stand, and Saurfang giving a speech to the people, about brotherhood and jada jada.

This is where the new warchief is announced, and I won't speculate who that is right now because nobody has a clue who.

Pans back to stormwind where Anduin and Varian are talking about kingship and some shit, and it end with them two just talking about stuff, maybe Anduin smirking thinking about Wrathion's plan failing.
No, that's shitty.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:48 AM

Elune

The Alliance leaves Orgrimmar to the Horde.

As the Alliance forces leave the city we see Sylvanas and her new raised soldiers. Alliance soldiers. And plague bombs. Vol'jin prepares for a new war against the Alliance, and plans to burn down Ashenvale.

Meanwhile this starts playing.

After the music ends Genn arrives with Crowley.

''Hey guys, we are ready! Guys? Hello? Anyone? Holy shit it's Sylvanas! Run! Run Crowley run! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!''
Old 08-25-2013, 03:03 AM

Arch-Druid

Alliance/Horde begin to dance Gangnam Style.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:15 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

No matter, what happens in the end, everybody on this forum will bitch about how the cinematic is crap because it doesn't fit their personal perfect outcome.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggler View Post
No matter, what happens in the end, everybody on this forum will bitch about how the cinematic is crap because it doesn't fit their personal perfect outcome.
They should just scrap the cinematic. I mean, really. It should be that the whole MoP was a bad dream from Vol'jin who drank a new beer from Chen.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
They should just scrap the cinematic. I mean, really. It should be that the whole MoP was a bad dream from Vol'jin who drank a new beer from Chen.
So you want to go back to Cataclysm?
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
So you want to go back to Cataclysm?
Yes. They could then proceed to create a good faction war storyline, instead of...That.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Wouldn't surprise me if the cinematic is about Varian bowing down to his new Warchief overlord, selling out the citizens of the Alliance to that organisation of murderers and thieves.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:48 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if the cinematic is about Varian bowing down to his new Warchief overlord, selling out the citizens of the Alliance to that organisation of murderers and thieves.
Do you ever stop?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:00 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Do you ever stop?
Nope.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Brother, why?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Brother, why?
Everything we've been shown of this failure of a patch is that the Alliance will yet again bow to the Horde.

This comic says it all:

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Everything we've been shown of this failure of a patch is that the Alliance will yet again bow to the Horde.
Yes, it's almost as if the Horde will actually have to remain a viable playable faction.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:48 AM

The Sun King

Warlock

Quote:
Yes, it's almost as if the Horde will actually have to remain a viable playable faction.
If this is the big bad problem, then Blizzard shouldn't have even tried to start this dualistic conflict in the first place, if they can think of no logical ending to be delivered aside from "I dunno, they just stopped fighting, I guess".

*Summons Anansi*
Old 08-25-2013, 05:04 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
If this is the big bad problem, then Blizzard shouldn't have even tried to start this dualistic conflict in the first place, if they can think of no logical ending to be delivered aside from "I dunno, they just stopped fighting, I guess".

*Summons Anansi*
That's certainly fine, but the fact remains that the Horde is a playable faction, despite the way that some players seem to think that this war should end in a manner that would be even more unsatisfactory for the Horde and its player base than the grand sum of prior Alliance problems in World of Warcraft. I just wish that proposals made by faction-exclusive players actually bothered giving one damn consideration that other people play "the Other" faction and may want a satisfactory gaming experience on their end. As someone who enjoyed playing both factions, it get's infuriating when faction-exclusive players try to screw over the playing experience of the other faction.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 AM

Elune

Quote:

This comic says it all:

I love how this strip conveniently presents the factions living in a nice little sandbox where a potential attack on Undercity won't provoke an immediate reaction from the closest kingdom on the continent allied to them for the sake of presenting Varian/Stormwind/the Alliance as idiots.

/shrug Horde bias I guess?

Last edited by Gortrash; 08-25-2013 at 05:16 AM..
Old 08-25-2013, 05:28 AM

The Sun King

Orc Icon (War3)

Quote:
That's certainly fine, but the fact remains that the Horde is a playable faction, despite the way that some players seem to think that this war should end in a manner that would be even more unsatisfactory for the Horde and its player base than the grand sum of prior Alliance problems in World of Warcraft. I just wish that proposals made by faction-exclusive players actually bothered giving one damn consideration that other people play "the Other" faction and may want a satisfactory gaming experience on their end. As someone who enjoyed playing both factions, it get's infuriating when faction-exclusive players try to screw over the playing experience of the other faction.
As someone who played almost exclusively Horde, I think there's nothing malicious or infuriating about their musings - as long as we discuss it from the lore standpoint.

You bring up the meta standpoint - Blizzard can't just stop and ruing the game for the Horde players in the name of the lore. But the characters do not operate on it it (unless the devs decide to break the fourth wall). This civil war in the Horde and the whole siege of Orgrimmar has been advertised as the next big stepping stone in the development of faction, the one that will lead to the Horde's new fall and the Alliance's rise to power as a "victorious juggernaut", akin to the fall of Azeroth in the First War, the splintering and imprisoning of the Horde in the Second War, the fall of the Alliance in the Third War. The Alliance leaders have got a win-win situation on their hands: whoever wins the civil war, they can clean up the aftermath and reign supreme. They've got a chance to strike and reconquer after the embarrassingly stupid campaigns in... pretty much everywhere during the Cataclysm. Maybe not Stonetalon, I dunno.

From a purely lore standpoint, there's no way that King Varian "Caveman" Wrynn would just turn around and go away after the fight. The impact of the war is thus incredibly downgraded, it is turned into a meaningless mess. It feels like a game, a football match the two empires had for fun and then just shrugged off and went home in the aftermath.

If the writers simply can't handle ever hurting the Horde, then we should have had Alliance as the loosing faction. Even the "new threat forces a fast stalemate treaty" event could work, provided the treaty actually deals with at least SOME of the problems that led to the escalation of Alliance-Horde conflict - some extremists may be left angry, but c'est la vie.

But if they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, Alliance or Horde, then they shouldn't have even started this kind of event, knowing that no satisfying conclusion can be delivered.

To give the writers a cookie, it may, in fact, be a problem with WoW itself as a medium unsuited for the kind of thing they were going for. But, again, why try it at all, then? It's not like the "Bring War to Warcraft!" movement has ever been a factor.

Last edited by Kir the Wizard; 08-25-2013 at 05:38 AM..
Old 08-25-2013, 05:36 AM

Sha of Disappointment

The Faction War has been a meaningless mess since it first started back in Lich King.

And don't give them any excuse because of WoW. There's plenty of ways to show the Alliance get a few things in, like supremacy over, say, Orgrimmar for a few patches by replacing Orc guards with Human Footmen and Overseers. The Alliance could do a sneak-attack on Lordaeron during or directly after SoO and simply not succeeding, or hell, give them a questhub or two to show their advance, have the Forsaken receive reinforcements and call a hostile stalemate. They could do a lot in this situation, they simply don't want to, and when i look at Alliance posters these days i kinda don't wonder why anymore. It's high time this idiocy of a War is done with and ended, for the betterment of the Lore, the game and most importantly the player base.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
After defeating Garrosh, Mequatorque will break through the wall, yelling OOOH YEAAH! and take the credit for the kill, becoming Warchief in the aftermath.
New tag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.

Tags
also age of mortals, bolvar the loot whore, father is it over, gelbin coolaidtorque, mists of pandaria, proud orc shaman, world of warcraft