Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 12-04-2014, 10:53 PM

Eternal

Clearly we need more SoC (snow of color) representation .
Old 12-04-2014, 11:10 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Noitora, do I have permission to offend you?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
If I was being arrested I would surrender and submit completely
Curious choice of words

Also this thread the last few pages has been a
Old 12-05-2014, 07:23 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
For the same reason why blacks and whites have fought each other over the Confederate flag.
See, that's an excellent point.

For those of you who don't understand how flags and napkins and pants work... just cross-apply it. A dixie redneck will support a Confederate flag, and Confederate flag-emblem cake, and Confederate flag-emblem napkins, and Confederate flag emblem-underwear. A nazi will support a Nazi flag, and Nazi-swastika cake, and Nazi-swastika napkins, and Nazi-swastika underwear.

Normal people probably wouldn't support nazi-swastika flags, cakes, napkins, underwear, etc. Normal people wouldn't blow their nose on Nazi cleanex's as a symbollic act of defying the emblem. They wouldn't consume a food product in the shape of a swastika as symbolic of "destroying" that emblem and ideal. However, they might be inclined to burn a nazi flag as such symbol of defiance.

Cross-apply.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:48 AM

World Builder

Investigation of the Cleveland Division of Police Excerpts

Full Document: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default...ngs_letter.pdf

Quote:
"Our investigation concluded that there is reasonable cause to believe that CDP engages in a pattern or practice of using unreasonable force in violation of the Fourth Amendment. That pattern manifested in a range of ways, including:

The unnecessary and excessive use of deadly force, including shootings and head strikes with impact weapons;

The unnecessary, excessive or retaliatory use of less lethal force including tasers, chemical spray and fists;

Excessive force against persons who are mentally ill or in crisis, including in cases where the officers were called exclusively for a welfare check; and

The employment of poor and dangerous tactics that place officers in situations where avoidable force becomes inevitable and places officers and civilians at unnecessary risk.”

"we found that CDP officers engage in excessive force far too often, and that the use of excessive force by CDP officers is neither isolated, nor sporadic. In fact, as we indicated when we met with the City in October 2014, determining whether a pattern or practice of the unreasonable use of force exists was not a close case."

"Force incidents often are not properly reported, documented, investigated, or addressed with corrective measures. Supervisors throughout the chain of command endorse questionable and sometimes unlawful conduct by officers. We reviewed supervisory investigations of officers’ use of force that appear to be designed from the outset to justify the officers’ actions. Deeply troubling to us was that some of the specially-trained investigators who are charged with conducting unbiased reviews of officers’ use of deadly force admitted to us that they conduct their investigations with the goal of casting the accused officer in the most positive light possible. This admitted bias appears deeply rooted, cuts at the heart of the accountability system at CDP"

"The current pattern or practice of constitutional violations is even more troubling because we identified many of these structural deficiencies more than ten years ago during our previous investigation of CDP’s use of force. In 2002, we provided initial observations regarding CDP’s use of force and accountability systems and, in 2004, we recommended that the Division make changes to address some of the deficiencies we identified."

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-05-2014, 09:52 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Noitora, do I have permission to offend you?
You have my permission to satisfy my curiosity on why you think you will offend me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
You have my permission to satisfy my curiosity on why you think you will offend me.
You are not a stalker murderer.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yet.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Actually, we don't know that for sure.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:53 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I just want to know why the knowledge that he isn't one (yet) would offend Tora.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I just want to know why the knowledge that he isn't one (yet) would offend Tora.
He is really sensitive.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
He is really sensitive.
I'm going to pick you up and hug you.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-05-2014, 06:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm going to pick you up and hug you.
See some liberals like me!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Old 12-06-2014, 06:54 PM

Elune

Not sure if I should sodomize cop.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Not sure if I should sodomize cop.
Is this article racist Noitora?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...th_124882.html
Old 12-07-2014, 01:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why do I feel like that's a loaded question?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2014, 01:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why do I feel like that's a loaded question?
Do you think I would ask you a loaded question?
Old 12-07-2014, 02:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Do you think I would ask you a loaded question?
Now I think that's loaded.

Look, and I will probably fail at phrasing this, but I feel that the whole country doesn't want to talk about race the way it should. The way it should will make the whole country uncomfortable. I think the Conservatives who try to talk about black on black crime in response to the protests are doing so to either deflect the treatment of blacks from both whites and cops, or are looking to vent their anger at black/thug culture. Liberals in turn only care about what black people say if it's against cops and white conservatives. Black people are always talking about black on black crime, but nobody listens. I do agree that we should start calling black on black crime, crime, but it's a type of crime that's affecting one demographic by the same demographic.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Look, and I will probably fail at phrasing this, but I feel that the whole country doesn't want to talk about race the way it should. The way it should will make the whole country uncomfortable. I think the Conservatives who try to talk about black on black crime in response to the protests are doing so to either deflect the treatment of blacks from both whites and cops, or are looking to vent their anger at black/thug culture. Liberals in turn only care about what black people say if it's against cops and white conservatives. Black people are always talking about black on black crime, but nobody listens. I do agree that we should start calling black on black crime, crime, but it's a type of crime that's affecting one demographic by the same demographic.
I don't know about conservatives or liberals but I do care. Why would the crime matter less if it was intraracial?
Old 12-07-2014, 02:51 PM

Eternal

So, from what I'm understanding of what Noit is saying it is that Black people are being treated as little more than a pawn in the political game and neither side actually cares about the state of black people.

That being said, that's how I personally view most of this shit nowadays.
Both sides play demographics off of each other.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
So, from what I'm understanding of what Noit is saying it is that Black people are being treated as little more than a pawn in the political game and neither side actually cares about the state of black people.

I would disagree with that. I think it is just a weak-ass excuse from blacks to avoid having to work at fixing their problems. It is not because of outside sources that black crime is such an epidemic. It is not because of outside sources that poverty is such an affliction on many black communities. At some point, they have to stop pointing fingers and being a bunch of racists and crybabies, and grow up. They cannot continue on the self-destructive path they have been on for the last 50 years of blaming everyone else for their own problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I would disagree with that. I think it is just a weak-ass excuse from blacks to avoid having to work at fixing their problems. It is not because of outside sources that black crime is such an epidemic. It is not because of outside sources that poverty is such an affliction on many black communities. At some point, they have to stop pointing fingers and being a bunch of racists and crybabies, and grow up. They cannot continue on the self-destructive path they have been on for the last 50 years of blaming everyone else for their own problems.
I would say that it would depend on the crime.
PETTY crime (stealing and shit) makes sense that there would be an increase in poorer areas due to being desperate but it's REALLY hard to justify the whole 50% of murder rates are done by blacks with around 92% of those being black on black because people are poor.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post

NOW, they have truly achieved equality.

Tags
band leader, blame the white man