Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,524
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Actually: Women are hungry, men gobble their food for no apparent reason

And (once more cosplay, though one is not wow related)

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1143065/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2164274/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2284250/

I think I now confused everyone completely XD

For those interessted, the topic is over there, taking a break.
Nice cosplays, friend. Pretty nice ones. (If I were to make a cosplay, I would look like shit :S) Good work with them, really.

Also, I'm a man and I'm hungry! Hungry of eating without sense! xDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
XD
Seriously... the picture Metzen once drew has far more of a trickster... the new picture is just.... he's huge and brute. even though he is known to take things he wants by force he's also know to used the trickster way first.
Yeah, he could still be powerful and brute without tons of steroids. Also, I preferred his thinner+longer snout. This one just looks like a pig, so brute and dumb he can't look to the sides properly xDDD.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
This one just looks like a pig, so brute and dumb he can't look to the sides properly xDDD.
For pete's sake it's the angle! The angle!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Nice cosplays, friend. Pretty nice ones. (If I were to make a cosplay, I would look like shit :S) Good work with them, really.
Thanks. and, don't worry...my first cosplays did look like shit as well... (and heck, i didn't even manage to fix the one buttonloop on the Malygos-Cos (I claim my version is far cuter than blizz's D= ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
For pete's sake it's the angle! The angle!
*checks on wabbajack signature and avatar*
Nope, definetelly pig glued onto spadeshovel *nods sagely*
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph

Last edited by LilMaibe; 10-13-2009 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,375
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

I actually think Deathwing's chin looks like one of those cow-pushers on old timey locomotives. Which makes me fear for deathwing's /train emote.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
*checks on wabbajack signature and avatar*
Nope, definetelly pig glued onto spadeshovel *nods sagely*
So all Dragons are pig nosed then? Honestly it's the angle! Or we need to wait for the bloody model to arrive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:53 AM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

lately sadly yes Just look at what they did to Nyxi in the comic for some issues
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

I checked. Yeah some panels she had a pig nose and on others she didn't. I still believe it's really just the front angle that makes it look so.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,524
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

It's not just the nose, he looks like he went running towards a wall and hurled against it, getting that new face design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Thanks. and, don't worry...my first cosplays did look like shit as well... (and heck, i didn't even manage to fix the one buttonloop on the Malygos-Cos (I claim my version is far cuter than blizz's D= ))
Sometimes it can feel depressing, seeing the cosplays of some ultra-geeks, but then you notice a humblest cosplay is better, just because it has part of the magic on making it and whatever.

Making it so perfect is just sick. No need to be 3 months making it day and night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I actually think Deathwing's chin looks like one of those cow-pushers on old timey locomotives. Which makes me fear for deathwing's /train emote.
Yeah, same here. When I read about him making a tunnel, I imagind him rotating like one of those LEGO rock raiders xDDD.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,086
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Sometimes it can feel depressing, seeing the cosplays of some ultra-geeks, but then you notice a humblest cosplay is better, just because it has part of the magic on making it and whatever.

Making it so perfect is just sick. No need to be 3 months making it day and night.
Hey now, that guy who built the damn near fully functional Firebat deserves props. Once I'm out of college and happily unemployed because of the recession, I'm definitely making a perfect replica of Paladin T2 down to armor plating, chain mail, and a true to life (aka fully written out) Tome of the Holy Light. I mean yeah, that'll take a decade, require I master blacksmithing and play the stock market to make enough money, but that's what OCD is for!
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,524
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Yeah, and that will rock. What I mean is that creating cosplay like it was a MUST, and not a hobby, sucks.

Anyway:

CONFIRMED

Deathpigjawwing is, well, that.

http://www.wow.com/2009/10/13/deathw...e-in-progress/

Awesome statue, by the way.

PS: Is fan made, btw xDDD.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 10-13-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Wulfang Wulfang is offline

Eternal
Wulfang's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,533

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Hey now, that guy who built the damn near fully functional Firebat deserves props. Once I'm out of college and happily unemployed because of the recession, I'm definitely making a perfect replica of Paladin T2 down to armor plating, chain mail, and a true to life (aka fully written out) Tome of the Holy Light. I mean yeah, that'll take a decade, require I master blacksmithing and play the stock market to make enough money, but that's what OCD is for!
It has already been done by some German guy. The European WoW site even interviewed the guy.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
PS: Is fan made, btw xDDD.
Hah! Your argument is invalid! Tu madre es un hamster y tu padre ole a bagas viejas, por eso jodete
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,524
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Hah! Your argument is invalid! Tu madre es un hamster y tu padre ole a bagas viejas, por eso jodete
HaHHAHAHAHAahaaahahah

My mother is a hamster and my father smells to old ???, because of that, fuck you!

Best insult of the week xDDD.

But now, seriously, he's THE pig.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
HaHHAHAHAHAahaaahahah

My mother is a hamster and my father smells to old ???, because of that, fuck you!

Best insult of the week xDDD.

But now, seriously, he's THE pig.
blizz doesn't make pretty dragons anymore.
Malygos, Alextrasza (she has a beard in dragon form) etc
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,086
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
It has already been done by some German guy. The European WoW site even interviewed the guy.
Son of a bitch!

Ok, plan B, build a complete working prototype of an Immortal down to functioning phase cannons. Who here knows particle physics?
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Son of a bitch!

Ok, plan B, build a complete working prototype of an Immortal down to functioning phase cannons. Who here knows particle physics?

Doesn't tennessee has a state university?
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,086
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Doesn't tennessee has a state university?
You do realize I was joking right, I don't expect to build any actual vehicles any time soon. Especially ones that take millions of dollars to build and a robotics/comp sci genius to create.

But yes, Tennessee has a university, and I'm enrolled there for psychology. Thus the "In Defense of Warcraft" thread where I flagrantly flail while attempting to discern what an author actually meant when he/she created a dynamic hero/villain/joe blow character.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 PM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
You do realize I was joking right, I don't expect to build any actual vehicles any time soon. Especially ones that take millions of dollars to build and a robotics/comp sci genius to create.

But yes, Tennessee has a university, and I'm enrolled there for psychology. Thus the "In Defense of Warcraft" thread where I flagrantly flail while attempting to discern what an author actually meant when he/she created a dynamic hero/villain/joe blow character.
Rather try and interprate what made the german translator go and trasnlate Popcorn
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,086
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Popcorn, what? What translator are you using? I just threw it into Google's and it just screwed up the grammar.

That does remind me though, I have some popcorn calling me before I throw on a movie.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Popcorn, what? What translator are you using? I just threw it into Google's and it just screwed up the grammar.

That does remind me though, I have some popcorn calling me before I throw on a movie.
I meant the translators
Those people responsible there's a german version of WoW...
Yes, they translated Popcorn. Amongst other things....Poor Rivendare
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline

Arch-Druid
Wabbajack's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,273

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I like the german translation...
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
LilMaibe LilMaibe is offline

Arch-Druid
LilMaibe's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stormwind, CutThroat Alley
Posts: 1,205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I like the german translation...
XD Do me a favour (I shall not ask you in german, unless i don't know the english name anymore XD ) and see what the dwarf at Flammenkamm (Kessel or steppe, no idea where it was) says by now when he's telling you a story (if he's still there and still does that). I don't have an active account atm, so i can't check whether he tells the player to sit back with a bowl of 'popcorn' or 'puffmais'
__________________
Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,375
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

You guys are aware that I AM a robotics major with more than a passing knowledge in particle physics, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Kirby-Star Kirby-Star is offline

Faerie Dragon
Kirby-Star's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
We have some. LilMaybe, Xilizhra, Snuzzle and (if I'm not mistaken) Kirby-Star.
You're mistaken. I'm as manly as your average SoL member!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Wulfang Wulfang is offline

Eternal
Wulfang's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,533

Default

And I'm a physics student. And I'm trying to convince a few friends to help me build a coilgun.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.