Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 11-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Well, they're all falling in lock-step behind their daddy in the White House. Dissent is not allowed in the Republican party. Toe the party line or get primaried out. I know you're a huge fan of the president, but I'm sure you can still see this.
Thats because the base voted Trump.

I know "actually" supporting your consituants is a foreign concept for democrats, but dont worry. Its pretty new for the GoP, as well.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:00 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Well, they're all falling in lock-step behind their daddy in the White House. Dissent is not allowed in the Republican party. Toe the party line or get primaried out. I know you're a huge fan of the president, but I'm sure you can still see this.
Actually, I was a Ted Cruz guy. And Cruz was defiant literally right up through the nomination. But he had enough sense to play ball once the die was cast.

I get that a fractured GOP would be ideal for your own political preferences, but it's really not going to happen. Donald Trump is useful as long as he's in office, and thus, the intelligent members of the party will support him, despite the left's fantasies of a coup within the party.

You act as if the DNC didn't march lock-step with Obama, and didn't quash the Sanders faction completely when it was Hillary's turn...
Old 11-08-2017, 03:11 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Actually, I was a Ted Cruz guy. And Cruz was defiant literally right up through the nomination. But he had enough sense to play ball once the die was cast.
Yes. It is called sarcasm.

Quote:
I get that a fractured GOP would be ideal for your own political preferences, but it's really not going to happen. Donald Trump is useful as long as he's in office, and thus, the intelligent members of the party will support him, despite the left's fantasies of a coup within the party.
No, a fractured GOP would be ideal for the good of America. They need to shed their far-right sections or split.

Quote:
You act as if the DNC didn't march lock-step with Obama, and didn't quash the Sanders faction completely when it was Hillary's turn...
Are you kidding me? There was a ton complaints from Democrats about Obama's policies. FFS, someone even made a website called ObamaTheConservative.com.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:51 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
No, a fractured GOP would be ideal for the good of America. They need to shed their far-right sections or split.
Sure, if we could fracture the Democrats as well. Maybe we both wouldn't have to hear as much about clinging to our guns and religion.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 PM

Elune

Roy Moore, a Republican who was kicked off of Alabama's supreme court twice for denying the Constitution and is running for Senate while proclaiming that "the transgenders don't have any rights," has been accused of sexually assaulting 4 women, 1 of which was 14 at the time. Rushing to his defense is another Republican saying that "Mary was a teenager" too. Yyyep.
http://time.com/5017940/roy-moore-se...e-jim-ziegler/
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...nt-have-rights
Old 11-09-2017, 08:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Remember kids, if you're accused of something this extreme, instead of getting a lawyer to get this all settled, just go to Breitbart to try and de-legitamize all women everywhere!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Remember kids, if you're accused of something this extreme, instead of getting a lawyer to get this all settled, just go to Breitbart to try and de-legitamize all women everywhere!
Don't forget Fox! Hannity is dismissing it saying that the 14 year-old girl consented.
http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-...ensual-2017-11
Old 11-10-2017, 02:17 AM

Sentinel Queen

America : where rape is a problem only if the other guys did it
Old 11-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Elune

The president is still not allowed to speak in the UK parliament.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8047111.html
I miss having a leader the world respected. We look incredibly weak right now, and with all those diplomatic jobs still going unfilled, we are incredibly weak right now.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:53 PM

Elune

Shock 'em Straight Sessions is apparently unable to remember anything incriminating against him until someone else tells the truth.
"In October, Sessions testified to the Senate that he did not have any “continuing exchange of information” with Russian operatives — and that he wasn’t “aware of anyone else [on the Trump campaign] that did.” Weeks later, Special Counsel Robert Mueller revealed Papadopoulos’s confession to the crime of lying to the FBI. In that written statement, the former Trump campaign national security adviser claimed that he had told Sessions about “connections” he had that “could help arrange a meeting between then-candidate Trump and President Putin” in March of last year. In his testimony before Congress Tuesday, Sessions tried to account for this apparent discrepancy.
“I do now recall the March 2016 meeting at Trump Hotel that Mr. Papadopoulos attended, but I have no clear recollection of the details of what he said at that meeting,” Sessions explained. “After reading his account, and to the best of my recollection, I believe that I wanted to make clear to him that he was not authorized to represent the campaign with the Russian government, or any other foreign government, for that matter.”"
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ve-memory.html

Most of his answers today (that weren't GOP softballs laced with compliments) were varying forms of "I don't recall" or other dodging while running out the clock. Here's hoping he breaks his oath of loyalty that the president makes his people swear soon and pulls a Papadopoulos.

FFS, it's Gonzo all over again.
(At 2:20, you can see a young rascal learning new techniques!)

Last edited by Kakwakas; 11-14-2017 at 06:13 PM..
Old 11-15-2017, 11:26 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Trump is getting bored of the constant shootings so he's just copy pasting his tweets.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 AM

Echo of the Past

Well, not even a full year into office, but here it starts. Articles of impeachment.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/15/p...ent/index.html
Old 11-16-2017, 09:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Well, not even a full year into office, but here it starts. Articles of impeachment.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/15/p...ent/index.html
I understand they're just doing what the People want, but they should really wait for Mueller.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:32 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
I understand they're just doing what the People want, but they should really wait for Mueller.
No, they should wait for 2018 to see if they actually have the votes in Congress to remove Trump from office.

Otherwise, this is just a waste of everyone's time. If impeachment didn't compel Clinton to resign, it sure as hell won't mean a thing to Trump.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:52 AM

Echo of the Past

But seriously, Democrats need to get a plan and a strong candidate by 2020. If they do the same thing as they did in 2016, Trump'll win again.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
No, they should wait for 2018 to see if they actually have the votes in Congress to remove Trump from office.

Otherwise, this is just a waste of everyone's time. If impeachment didn't compel Clinton to resign, it sure as hell won't mean a thing to Trump.
Did you just admit that Republicans will never impeach and remove one of their own no matter what he does?
Old 11-16-2017, 11:33 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Did you just admit that Republicans will never impeach and remove one of their own no matter what he does?
The next U.S. president removed from office through an impeachment trial will be the first.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 PM

Elune

The Keystone Pipeline has been shut down while its operator investigates what caused the leak today which spilled 210,000 gallons of oil in South Dakota.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/us/key...eak/index.html
If only someone had seen this coming.

[edit]
Here's another article on forced arbitration, which is fully legal now and by reading the sentence you agree to never sue me. Thanks, Republican voters!
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...rs-and-service

If you're dumb enough to not realize why this is bad, here's another article for you.
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/21/54497...-sue-for-abuse

And before one of you chucklefucks decides to cry "muh both sides," here's how the Senate vote went:

Do you guys think this guy signed an arbitration clause? This suit might get thrown out if that's the case.

Last edited by Kakwakas; Yesterday at 02:13 PM..

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president