Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: where do you want starcraft to go next?
Koprulu sector but different characters and factions 4 44.44%
Koprulu but same characters, new plotlines 2 22.22%
Earth or entirely New places and aliens 2 22.22%
other (explain in thread) 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2015, 07:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post

So one thing I'm wondering is: just how exactly will Valerian be accepted? He staged a coup against his father, and used Zerg to deliver the finishing blow.
Do they know that though? Idk if it was said, but maybe they just said the Queen of Blades attacked the Dominion while brave prince Valerian saved millions of citizens by evacuating (and by making Kerrigan attack shitty)
Old 11-22-2015, 09:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Mengsk always retained a certain weakness that prevented him from controlling information as effectively as the UPL/UED on Earth or his Confederate predecessors in the Koprulu Sector. Unfortunately for him, it was a weakness he couldn't really do anything about due to the context in which he came to power.

Namely, he built the public trust in his leadership by specifically calling out that sort of stuff in the Confederacy. As soon as he highlighted the terrors of Confederate Ghosts assassinating dissidents all the time, nukes being dropped on certain disobedient worlds, and tight government controls on information preventing such things from becoming widely known as the problems with the old Confederate guard, his promises to not be the same by necessity hamstrung his own ability to rely on such tactics as extensively.

He was always undermined by the need to juggle his desired public image of not being like the Confederacy with the reality of being far more like them than he was willing to admit to himself.
I can see this being an issue for him. The UNN segments were still really silly, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Do they know that though? Idk if it was said, but maybe they just said the Queen of Blades attacked the Dominion while brave prince Valerian saved millions of citizens by evacuating (and by making Kerrigan attack shitty)
That's actually a good point. I figured Valerian's association with Raynor might have led people to think so, but perhaps not.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-23-2015, 01:44 AM

World Builder

Quote:
So one thing I'm wondering is: just how exactly will Valerian be accepted? He staged a coup against his father, and used Zerg to deliver the finishing blow. This last part seems like it might embitter a lot of people in the Dominion. They've been told Raynor's a bad guy (and even if they didn't like Mengsk, they might have accepted him as a sort of protector), and they know the Zerg are awful. Now they're just supposed to accept Valerian, even after he let the Zerg slaughter a tremendous portion of the Dominion military? The armed forces should hate him (and they might not like Raynor becoming a commander, either). A coup attempt is probably inevitable.

It'd be interesting to see them explore this, though I rather doubt they will in any great detail. Realistically, Valerian might face a lot of challenges in being accepted.
Valerian didn't really use the zerg, Kerrigan did her own thing and Valerian is the one who basically talked her into not making civilian casualties horrific.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-23-2015, 01:46 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

I expect a lot of the future story will be made in things like Nova's upcoming story.

And the occasional flash to Raynor and Kerrigan being happy, just to fuck with Noit.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Valerian didn't really use the zerg, Kerrigan did her own thing and Valerian is the one who basically talked her into not making civilian casualties horrific.
Though now I'm thinking that there'd be a lot of conspiracy theories about Valerian. Guy hangs out with Raynor, who has ties to the Protoss and may or may not be the ex-boyfriend of the Queen of Blades, and then oversees an evacuation during a conveniently timed Zerg attack.

The conspiracy theorists would be right, too, which is funny.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-24-2015, 08:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:11 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Though now I'm thinking that there'd be a lot of conspiracy theories about Valerian. Guy hangs out with Raynor, who has ties to the Protoss and may or may not be the ex-boyfriend of the Queen of Blades, and then oversees an evacuation during a conveniently timed Zerg attack.

Well, right to an extent, it's plain he never did this for personal gain he actually seems to believe in the 'responsibility to rule' stuff and judging by the epilogue he's sincere and doesn't fall to the same personal failings his dad did.

I actually think it's a nice juxtaposition.

Mengsk used Psi emitters to destroy Tarsonis so he could take over.

Valerian helped 'purify' Kerrigan so that when she inevitably came to murder Mengsk civilian losses were kept to a minimum and could smoothly assume power and begin rebuilding.

The bigger problem for Valerian is the protoss relations, remember the Golden Fleet controlled by Amon was literally scouring worlds clean and the Dominion was having the snot kicked out of it.

People -died- to those Protoss forces, and Valerian buddying up with them under the headline "hey protoss aren't brainwashed and crazy now! We're all cool!" is not going to go over well.

I mean, the standard terran has never met a protoss and just knows them as "Those fuckers that glass planets"

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-25-2015, 05:42 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Perhaps it's time for the Protoss to leave the Koprulu sector as well.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Loremaster

Quote:

The timing of the evacuation and attack is kind of publicly justified though. It stands to reason Valerian would be present, since Mengsk was openly calling upon every Terran fleet in the sector to defend Korhal from the zerg.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:29 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Perhaps it's time for the Protoss to leave the Koprulu sector as well.
Why would they leave Aiur after they just retook it?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-25-2015, 06:01 PM

Glaive Thrower

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Why would they leave Aiur after they just retook it?
Take the planet with them?
Old 11-25-2015, 06:42 PM

Elune

Why would they leave if anything their stunts since BW should have taught terrankind that they're more or less hopeless against them. They should have made the WoL Selendis route canon because the other one just doesnt make any sense for that very reason.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:26 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Why would they leave if anything their stunts since BW should have taught terrankind that they're more or less hopeless against them. They should have made the WoL Selendis route canon because the other one just doesnt make any sense for that very reason.
Terrans can beat protoss in single battles, just not in a protracted conflict, if they weren't handicapped by the Zerg.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-28-2017, 07:53 PM

Banished

From an RTS superfan who grew up adoring C&C and particularly Red Alert, I would love to see Blizz take on that franchise since it badly needs to go in an SC-direction (fast, furious, lots of units, macros, etc).
Old 03-02-2017, 06:33 PM

Arch-Druid

You know an MMO wouldn't actually be a bad thing in this context. The main story has been wrapped up so you can easily go around exploring the Koprulu sector doing little adventures. Hell you can even bring the UED back to Koprulu and have THEM be the overarching threat of the MMO
Old 03-02-2017, 09:33 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
You know an MMO wouldn't actually be a bad thing in this context. The main story has been wrapped up so you can easily go around exploring the Koprulu sector doing little adventures. Hell you can even bring the UED back to Koprulu and have THEM be the overarching threat of the MMO
I really want some Starcraft stories focusing on Earth- either before the expulsion of dissidents to the Koprulu or life in the UED. You know I love me some cyberpunk.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 AM

Eternal

Blizzard has not done any thing like Covert Ops since a long time, and I was hearing rumours that they plan to stick with focusing on coop for now. Makes me a bit sad, really. The first Starcraft is, storywise, the best thing Blizzard has ever done, and I know people here like to rage on SC2's story for essentially giving Kerrigan a free pass, and shoehorning a redemption arc nobody wanted, but other than that, I actually like the story and missions of all three campaigns. And I am bloody missing it. Starcraft 3 is a long time in the future. There is so much potential, so many things to expand on in the universe, but with the lack of new singleplayer mission packs, all that potential remains nothing more than potential.

Tags
speculation, starcraft