Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornedale View Post
Notice that Garona in this pic actually has features that give her half-draenei heritage away.
Such as?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:05 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Such as?

This is not just skin, zoom in the original image and notice that these "horns" go over her hair and clearly have distnict "bases" at her forehead and temple (marked by shades\colour tones).

Last edited by Thornedale; 03-19-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Old 03-19-2017, 08:05 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Such as?
Garona does look a bit leaner and shorter than the other orc female, the hooded one behind her, but that might be because the warlock lady orc is pumped up on more demon juice than her.

But yeah, no, I don't really see any distinctly draenei features there.

Edit: As for the post above; I thought that was just her ghetto cornrow hairstyle, but now that you point it out it sort of look like subtle horn/ridge-esque protrusions.

Last edited by Aneurysm; 03-19-2017 at 08:10 AM..
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 AM

Elune

She is also wearing a collar and other shackles similar to those she wore in the movie.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 AM

Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
There's a discussion on reddit over whether that guy or the older one with a yellow-trimmed drape is Teron'gor.
I was noticed. Woo. To quote myself on why that guy is Teron'gor:
"I think the guy in the yellow trimmed cloak holding Gul'dan's staff is Teron'gor. In Warcraft 2 and in TBC he was depicted wearing a yellow cloak and hood. That guy is the only one wearing yellow and is trusted by Gul'dan enough to hold his staff, which fits his position of being one of the primary lieutenants of the Shadow Council. Composition wise, he's the only hooded figure whose face is revealed and looking directly at the viewer, a shorthand way of saying 'I'm important, notice me.'"

"Plus, the hooded guy in green is the only character, or shit, only thing in the entire picture that has yellow incorporated into it. Yellow is not common in Warcraft character coloring schemes. The only character I can think of that has yellow (as opposed to gold) as their signature color is... Teron'gor."
Old 03-19-2017, 10:27 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
I was noticed. Woo. To quote myself on why that guy is Teron'gor:
"I think the guy in the yellow trimmed cloak holding Gul'dan's staff is Teron'gor. In Warcraft 2 and in TBC he was depicted wearing a yellow cloak and hood. That guy is the only one wearing yellow and is trusted by Gul'dan enough to hold his staff, which fits his position of being one of the primary lieutenants of the Shadow Council. Composition wise, he's the only hooded figure whose face is revealed and looking directly at the viewer, a shorthand way of saying 'I'm important, notice me.'"

"Plus, the hooded guy in green is the only character, or shit, only thing in the entire picture that has yellow incorporated into it. Yellow is not common in Warcraft character coloring schemes. The only character I can think of that has yellow (as opposed to gold) as their signature color is... Teron'gor."
I was convinced at first, but I'm not sure "young" meshes with that long, white beard.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:13 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was convinced at first, but I'm not sure "young" meshes with that long, white beard.
Fel magic might've aged him faster, or it's possible that white's just his natural haircolor and the beard is just there because orcs don't shave as much.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-19-2017, 12:15 PM

Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Doesn't fel and shadow magic potentially cause accelerated aging though? Thal'kiel was said to looked like he aged centuries after communing with demons for several weeks nonstop.
Quote:
When he finally emerged, Thal'kiel had aged by the centuries, his back having become twisted and stooped and with an odd glimmer in his eye.
It could just be a "giant wizard beards look cool" thing though.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:44 PM

Echo of the Past

Thumbs down

^ Good points.

Another compelling one: Teron belongs in that Shadow Council picture. After Gul'dan, Cho'gall, and Garona, he's the next most important. He would be there. Yellow guy is the most likely choice.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Also, he's carrying what appears to be the staff of Gul'dan... who would Gul'dan trust to hold his personal weapon as much as Teron'gor?
Old 03-19-2017, 04:24 PM

Elune

Were ogres always that small? I always thought of them being taller. I can totally picture female orc/male ogre hybrids too now. Talking about that, could the horned helmet guy be a Mok'nathal? He looks bigger than everyone but Cho
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Has anyone mentioned this:

"It fell to Othaar to study D'ore and its kin, analyze the., and hopefully learn enough to communicate with the other naaru and draenei beyond Draenor."

Sounds like I'll be getting my Draenei space-fleet! Squee!

Hmm, could he have been corrupted when he accidentally managed to contact man'ari Eredar instead of the uncorrupted ones?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Has anyone mentioned this:

"It fell to Othaar to study D'ore and its kin, analyze the., and hopefully learn enough to communicate with the other naaru and draenei beyond Draenor."

Sounds like I'll be getting my Draenei space-fleet! Squee!
Remeber those troops coming to save the day alongside Lothraxion? They were called "Imperial Juggernauts" or something like that, and they were Draenei.
No idea how relevant that is and if they are anything but generic "Army of Light" npcs that were inserted just for this quest. But the prospects could be interesting, no doubt.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Remeber those troops coming to save the day alongside Lothraxion? They were called "Imperial Juggernauts" or something like that, and they were Draenei.
No idea how relevant that is and if they are anything but generic "Army of Light" npcs that were inserted just for this quest. But the prospects could be interesting, no doubt.
Given the Army of Light concept (i.e. it's a thing that's existed for awhile while Velen was getting his ass kicked in Draenor) and the fact that Turalyon is referred to as an Exarch, it stands to reason that the draenei may have split up previously, and the BL was focused on pursuing Velen because of Kil'jaeden's hateboner for him in particular.

The fact that Blizzard did not go into more detail on this is actually a bit surprising, given how much stuff about Legion they namedropped in Vol. 1.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:25 AM

Arch-Druid

So would these other Draenei be Draenei who left Argus along with Velen and then split or were sperated from him somewhere between Argus and Draenor, or would they be Eredar who escaped from Argus or from the Legion independantly of Velen?

I hope it's the second.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM

Glaive Thrower

I think it's more likely that they are draenei who sacrificed themselves by remaining behind while Velen & co. left the planet each time. There is precedence for this since we know it happened at least twice already, first when Shattrath was sacked, and then when Velen took the Exodar back from the belves and crashed on Azeroth.

Edit : thrice actually, the lady who wielded Tu'ure too stayed behind with 71 other draenei in order to allow the majority to escape. Some of those for example could've then been rescued by the Army of the Light and/or the Naaru.

Also Xe'ra said that the Golden Army was made of survivors of worlds ravaged by the Legion, so it does match. Hopefully it also means that it's composed of other races. I want to see some Aldrachi.

Last edited by MyMindWontQuiet; 03-20-2017 at 04:15 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Given the Army of Light concept (i.e. it's a thing that's existed for awhile while Velen was getting his ass kicked in Draenor) and the fact that Turalyon is referred to as an Exarch, it stands to reason that the draenei may have split up previously, and the BL was focused on pursuing Velen because of Kil'jaeden's hateboner for him in particular.

The fact that Blizzard did not go into more detail on this is actually a bit surprising, given how much stuff about Legion they namedropped in Vol. 1.
It is also possible that those Draenei escaped Draenor's destruction in the same way the Son's of Lothar did and met Turalyon's group on the other side.

We know that Ner'zhul and the Sons of Lothar used portals to save themselves and know their fates, but there's no reason why others couldn't have done the same too. Perhaps they did, and there might survivors we know nothing about. There could be countless worlds with human, Draenei, orc, ogre and other refugees who did not make it back to Outland, join Turalyon's new army or become slaves of the Legion.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
It is also possible that those Draenei escaped Draenor's destruction in the same way the Son's of Lothar did and met Turalyon's group on the other side.

We know that Ner'zhul and the Sons of Lothar used portals to save themselves and know their fates, but there's no reason why others couldn't have done the same too. Perhaps they did, and there might survivors we know nothing about. There could be countless worlds with human, Draenei, orc, ogre and other refugees who did not make it back to Outland, join Turalyon's new army or become slaves of the Legion.
"countless" might be an exaggeration, but I agree that it leaves a door open that Blizzard could deploy if they wanted to.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Old 03-21-2017, 07:58 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
"countless" might be an exaggeration, but I agree that it leaves a door open that Blizzard could deploy if they wanted to.
To sum it up, this could mean (just as a possibility) that
1) there might be Draenei outside Draenor before its destruction (the ones Othaar was trying to contact);
2) there might be Draenei outside Draenor who fled its destructions through the rifts.

Both can contribute to the Army of Light.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
To sum it up, this could mean (just as a possibility) that
1) there might be Draenei outside Draenor before its destruction (the ones Othaar was trying to contact);
2) there might be Draenei outside Draenor who fled its destructions through the rifts.

Both can contribute to the Army of Light.
I agree with the notion that there are likely some draenei that aren't on Draenor (or who, ironically, never landed on Draenor at all). I was trying to tone down Nazja's assertion about "countless" rifts allowing folks to escape an exploding world.

If it turns out that Draenor blowing up killed exactly no one because everyone popped into a rift until Outland stabilized, that would kinda defang that whole issue of "the planet done blowed up."

Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I agree with the notion that there are likely some draenei that aren't on Draenor (or who, ironically, never landed on Draenor at all). I was trying to tone down Nazja's assertion about "countless" rifts allowing folks to escape an exploding world.

If it turns out that Draenor blowing up killed exactly no one because everyone popped into a rift until Outland stabilized, that would kinda defang that whole issue of "the planet done blowed up."
Well, if you don't know where they are, can you really count them?

But yeah, I intentionally exaggerated.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM

Elune

Or even simplier.

The draenei have been on the run for a extremely long time. It's very easy to argue that draenei were seperated from the main group for various reasons (scouting out new locations to hide in/seperated by a Legion attack).

I'm still hoping that we get draenei space pirates/Marauders complete with the crystal eyepatches.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:24 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Sure. By "this" I meant the discussion sparked by a quotation from the Chronicle about Draenei, not the notion of "countless" survivors outside Draenor.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
I'm still hoping that we get draenei space pirates/Marauders complete with the crystal eyepatches.
I too think that Exodar should be a disco.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Wouldn't a good number of those rifts be unstable in transit or lead to inhospitable, legion, or otherwise dangerous worlds? To the Twisting Nether too? This isn't like Azeroth, there wasn't a person on the other side guiding and stabilizing the connection, nor making sure that the place was safe.

The Mad Admin

Tags
lore, warcraft