Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-19-2017, 10:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

It has nothing to do with being a downer, it's about not being triggered by the fact that player characters have defeated powerful foes, and are part of the canon, even if they don't specify the names or numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

What kind of madman told Blizzard that forcing me to solve 25 artefacts, some of which take 120 fragments to complete, equals a fun quest?
Old 03-19-2017, 04:23 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
What kind of madman told Blizzard that forcing me to solve 25 artefacts, some of which take 120 fragments to complete, equals a fun quest?
Probably Kosak
Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Is it the Azsuna quest this week (or fortnight, I guess)? Hah, I gave up on that.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
The same madman that thinks you should grind an extra 20 traits after getting all the base traits of your artifact weapon, thereby rendering you weaker when you want to respect after the one you were just playing got nerfed to the ground.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Is it the Azsuna quest this week (or fortnight, I guess)? Hah, I gave up on that.
Yeah.

I really don't get how setting out to improve archaeology lead to the last three weeeks' quests, but somehow Blizzard managed the impossible.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:15 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Yeah.

I really don't get how setting out to improve archaeology lead to the last three weeeks' quests, but somehow Blizzard managed the impossible.
I don't like the new implementation of it. I do the quest and thats it. The items went from pretty cool to useless over the years. I used to go and farm for weapons like Zin, Mounts, toys and pets but now the shit you get like i said is useless. I always felt like archeology could be used to discover Heirlooms and tie them into some fallen soldier to add some flavor or even some TMOG stuff.
The fact youll get a good amount of AP from the epic dig sites is cool but again they could spice it up a bit
Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I've refused to touch archaeology in this expansion until they add flying back in.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I've refused to touch archaeology in this expansion until they add flying back in.
Archaeology has been flawed from the get-go, and I have no idea why they still refuse to just flat redesign it. I've literally never maxed it out in any expansion.

In other news, Tomb of Sargeras' music is a combination throw-back and classic unto itself. Amazingly peaceful and melancholy for a raid. I've had the damn thing on repeat while coding for the last week. I highly recommend taking a listen.

The Mad Admin
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 AM

Dryad

I only ever really bothered with archaeology in Cata. It hasn't had many worthwhile results since then.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 AM

Gold (War3)

Imo, they should turn archaeology into a series of mini games and/or solo-scenarios. Whenever you reach a digsite you'd get a prompt to either complete a mini game or scenario, à la Troves of the Thunder King, and would be rewarded with artefacts.

Considering that Harrison Jones taught each of our charaters archaeology, why should we waste our time with digsites when we could have adventures?

Last edited by Nazja; 03-20-2017 at 06:52 AM..
Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

It's way too grindy, like everything else in Legion. Admittedly it was also really grindy beforehand, but it's compounded by the fact that you need to do it to unlock one of your artifact colors.

Frankly, after getting This Side Up I don't know if I should care to get the last rare items from the archaeology quests.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Reminds me a bit of Icecrown Citadel.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 AM

Elune

Archeology has always been too grindy. Most of the time you're only solving junk, sometimes a rare, and then other times the same junk but for a quest.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

7.2 has a lot of music. I can't wait to hear what they'll do for Argus.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Nothing confirmed because the wording is somewhat cryptic, but according to Afrasiabi's twitter it seems like Turalyon may have a unique model.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Edit: Either my internet or the server lagged and double posted.

Last edited by Yorenec; 03-20-2017 at 02:32 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 03:48 PM

Eternal

The challenge preview is up.

It says there are 7 different challenges. I think this link up to the 7 different quest chains to unlock the new traits. 4 dps, 2 healer and 1 tank. Plus the pic of Archmage Xylem channeling something on the Focusing Iris gives it away.

Last edited by Shadowsong; 03-20-2017 at 03:50 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 03:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Oh so that's why the continuation to Skovalds daughter story, etc, weren't found on Beta, there's some steps to take to finish those.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:27 PM

Elune

Update about artifact skins.

Artifact Appearance Unlocks After Legion
Thanks for all your feedback so far here - it's been a great read to get us thinking about some of these things.

First, I'd like to reiterate that we have not made any final decisions on how appearance unlocks will work in a post-Legion world, so any thoughts, discussion, feedback, etc. on that is appreciated.

When thinking about the 'Balance of Power' quest line, the intention is for it to feel similar to the Legendary Ring or Cloak quest lines from the past couple of expansions insofar that neither one of those can be obtained today, and both were time-sensitive achievements to show you participated in that expansion content wholeheartedly. This content generally has a lot of warning up-front on its removal to give players time to complete the requirements, and that will be true here as well if and when that decision is made.

With Legion, we decided to go with a cosmetic reward instead of an item that augments your power (mainly to balance the feeling of being a much weaker raid spot candidate), but it should still be and feel like a reward for players who actively participate in organized raid content.

It's worth noting that we've been making improvements over the course of Legion to help alts with these appearances (e.g. bad luck protection). For the hidden appearances, this was added in patch 7.1.5, so it's also good to note that this was not a retroactive addition - if you are a Guardian Druid looking for your Ursoc drop, and you've killed him 20 times, but only 3 of those were post-7.1.5, you wouldn't have a total of 20 kills of bad luck protection currently.

I think it's important that these achievements and their rewards feel prestigious overall, especially since cosmetics rewards are by no means "mandatory". We do think it's fine that some of these rewards take a lot of effort to earn over all.

I'll continue to follow along with the conversation here, so feel free to keep the feedback coming.

Quote:
Are you guys aware that what pissed off a lot of people about MoP's cloak and WoD's ring questlines was that they were, in fact, limited-time events?
I'm aware, but saying "limited time" here makes it sound like you didn't have the entire course of an expansion to do it.

This conversation came up around the end of Warlords as well (and I'm sure it did with Mists, but I wasn't here then), but our view on it still stands that those who are engaged and active throughout the expansion in all of its aspects are the ones who have the easiest time earning these items. That's not something we see as a problem.

Edit: As said, we are aware of those with many alts, and it's something we are keeping a close eye on!

Last edited by Mertico; 03-22-2017 at 10:34 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 09:42 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Honestly, the only thing I think Blizzard has failed to do with these items is understand that lore/game content shouldn't be removed/blocked off once they're no longer available. A stand-in item, call it an "echo", could be attached with the same triggers that gives people the opportunity to see what they missed.

This is one of the reasons I didn't feel compelled to go back and play through the MoP content when I came back for WoD. I knew I was missing huge chunks of it. With Legion, it's the reason I'm not even going back at all...too much time away and too much legacy content that's gated.

This is doubly so when you consider content that players like me never got to see even when we played it (e.g. Raiding) because we didn't have the time then.

To go back and experience it, even if we don't get the overt rewards, at least lets us play the world as it was meant to be played.

The Mad Admin
Old 03-22-2017, 10:06 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Honestly, the only thing I think Blizzard has failed to do with these items is understand that lore/game content shouldn't be removed/blocked off once they're no longer available. A stand-in item, call it an "echo", could be attached with the same triggers that gives people the opportunity to see what they missed.

This is one of the reasons I didn't feel compelled to go back and play through the MoP content when I came back for WoD. I knew I was missing huge chunks of it. With Legion, it's the reason I'm not even going back at all...too much time away and too much legacy content that's gated.

This is doubly so when you consider content that players like me never got to see even when we played it (e.g. Raiding) because we didn't have the time then.

To go back and experience it, even if we don't get the overt rewards, at least lets us play the world as it was meant to be played.
WoD was especially egregious about it, as at least the cloak in MoP and the daggers in Cataclysm were tertiary to the main storyline instead of being its only source. Basically the whole story of how the Iron Horde changed from being Grom's army to being a new Fel Horde under Gul'dan was only built up and paid off in-game through the latter segments of the legendary ring quests. Otherwise, nothing else told that story. Now that's all gone; if one is leveling and paying attention to the questing story, there's no logical progression between finishing the leveling zones against the Iron Horde and heading into Tanaan to fight the Fel Horde. Suddenly Gul'dan's in charge, Kilrogg's on his side, and Grom's just not the bad guy any more, with no proper transition remaining in-game to show how that gets to be the case.

I get removing actual legendary rewards, but...all that time and energy. All those man-hours spent designing and scripting the quests and content involved, and they just chuck it in the dumpster to retain the exclusivity of the rewards. It just seems pointless and wasteful.

Last edited by ARM3481; 03-22-2017 at 10:09 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 04:28 AM

Dryad

Does the patch have any weekly story quests? I haven't heard a thing about them.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Someone tell Blizzard that they can remove the rewards, but they shouldn't remove the lore and questline...

I'd actually love to do some of th questlines again with alts...
Old 03-23-2017, 06:40 AM

Huntress

It is truly baffling that they still consider this an option. It was an outrage back in MoP, it was one in WoD, and it's still one today. Four threads on the official forums have already reached the comment limit so they keep just making new ones. I really don't get how they can still consider (or ever did) it an option to simply remove such massive chunks of lore and game experience. Just remove the reward from the last quest and be done with it.

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion