Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2018, 06:09 AM

Needs A Hug

Got a dead horse lying out under a tarp in the back field and the guy who promised to be here "first thing in the morning" with a backhoe (which was yesterday) still hasn't showed nor is he answering phone calls. Options at this point are to start knocking on doors to see if anyone has one I can borrow/pay to dig it themselves or grab a shovel.

Fuck. She was a nice mare. Well, OK, not "nice." Quite the anti-social sourpuss, actually. Always laying her ears back at you and throwing her head up when she thought you weren't putting her feed in the bucket fast enough. Showed few signs that she liked being petted and if encountered in-pasture would do her best to avoid you if she thought you weren't coming to feed her. Hated having anything put on her back, be it a rain blanket or a saddle. Would act like she was going to bite you while you were getting all the straps and buckles in place, although to my knowledge she never actually did. Tsundere is the best word I've got to describe it. Once you got her saddled up (with all the nasty faces and head-tossing this entails) and were on her back, she was actually quite a pleasant ride; afterwards she would almost act like she actually liked people for a little while. 28 or 29 years old. Was not expecting her to be the one to go next. We called her "Mocha."

EDIT: Problem solved. Neighbor had a backhoe attachment for his tractor stashed in his barn. Let me use it in exchange for filling up the tractor's fuel tank.

Last edited by Dithon1; 08-09-2018 at 10:53 AM..

Tags
realspace, spam thread 3.1