Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post

Lol, I though only Wulfang and I liked that series .

In fact, if I ever change my avatar, it will be to Xellos eating popcorn gif.
Slayers are SUPER AWESOME. I like Fibrizo, Fillia and Zelgadiss.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Slayers are SUPER AWESOME. I like Fibrizo, Fillia and Zelgadiss.
Did you watch seasons 4 and 5? (though they could be considered a single season)

If not, watch the opening for 5th: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3PjDRdQOPs (most hype full opening ever).

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Did you watch seasons 4 and 5? (though they could be considered a single season)

If not, watch the opening for 5th: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3PjDRdQOPs (most hype full opening ever).
Yes, but the story is crap compare to the first 3 seasons.

Lost Universe is also cool, same author.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM

Lord of Time

Don't you ever get tired of all that crappy anime?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 AM

Hypersensitive

I was buying lunch today and I went to the Mcd a block from where I work, and I got so exited when I saw that they had pokemon happy meal toys! I probably looked like a big dork asking if they had pikachu and buying one on its own, but I don't care.

I'm not really huge on anime, but there have been a few series I've watched and really loved. Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood was amazing and made up for the travesty that was the first anime series, .hack/sign had an amazing soundtrack that I still listen to, Big O had amazing scenery and artwork, paradigm city is probably one of my favorite fictional cities ever, and of course Code Geass.

And of course I love japanese video games. Though not as great as the SNES era, I still love the rpg genre, specially srpgs. Final Fantasy IV still holds a spot in my heart, being the 1st non-pokemon rpg I was exposed to.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM

Hypersensitive

Double post to necro the thread, but has anyone played that new Pokemon Conquest game? Got it yesterday, and it's actually a great spinoff. While the actual pokemon battling is simple since pokemon only have 1 move, it still follows the weaknesses/strengths chart, and with trainer spells it adds depth. Also it has terrain features on the battlefield, such as flood gates, lava flows, thunderstorms, so the battles can actually be tricky. Not to mention the fact that as you conquer more land your empire grows, so you have to take care of your growing army by training your pokemon, strengthening the bond between warrior and pokemon, and recruiting new warriors or forming new links with wild pokemon. Would extremely recommend the game, specially for huge SRPG fans like myself.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Arch-Druid

I'll never experience a "true" Pokémon game until I am able to take control of my own Pokémon in battle, like literally. I want to move around the battlefield as Charizard and burn my enemies with fire blast while flying around and pointing my middle finger. Having the Pokémon static in a turn-based battle worked back in the era of the Gameboy Color, where technology was limited. C'mon people, it's 20 fucking 12.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I'll never experience a "true" Pokémon game until I am able to take control of my own Pokémon in battle, like literally. I want to move around the battlefield as Charizard and burn my enemies with fire blast while flying around and pointing my middle finger. Having the Pokémon static in a turn-based battle worked back in the era of the Gameboy Color, where technology was limited. C'mon people, it's 20 fucking 12.
And yet Black and White may be the best entry for the series ever since Silver came out.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
And yet Black and White may be the best entry for the series ever since Silver came out.
I've stopped playing at Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. I admit that Black and White look like amazing games, based on videos that I saw. However, it's the new Pokémon that bug the hell out of me. Some of the designs are cool, but many of them are flat-out creepy or just lame. I get that they're trying to reboot the franchise and bring a fresh breath of air by making 150 entirely new Pokémon, but it feels as if at some point they were running out of ideas and they were forced to go through with, for lack of a better word, "unrefined" designs with many of the Pokémon.

TL;DR many of the new Pokémon are ugly as hell:

Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Double post to necro the thread, but has anyone played that new Pokemon Conquest game? Got it yesterday, and it's actually a great spinoff. While the actual pokemon battling is simple since pokemon only have 1 move, it still follows the weaknesses/strengths chart, and with trainer spells it adds depth. Also it has terrain features on the battlefield, such as flood gates, lava flows, thunderstorms, so the battles can actually be tricky. Not to mention the fact that as you conquer more land your empire grows, so you have to take care of your growing army by training your pokemon, strengthening the bond between warrior and pokemon, and recruiting new warriors or forming new links with wild pokemon. Would extremely recommend the game, specially for huge SRPG fans like myself.
If I can persuade my mom that Pokemon games aren't childish, then I will buy it too

@ Chef: They use a variety of drawers for their pokemon, Golett, Golurk, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Mandibuzz and Vullaby were drawn by a Britain for example and Ken Sugimori makes the lovely 'official' art of them (like that picture of Garbodor). Although Ken did create the original 151 by himself.

It ofcourse is personal taste what everyone likes the best ofcourse. (if you play enough pokemon games with the new ones, then I am sure you will get used to it.)

Last edited by Jungleluke; 06-20-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
I've stopped playing at Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. I admit that Black and White look like amazing games, based on videos that I saw. However, it's the new Pokémon that bug the hell out of me. Some of the designs are cool, but many of them are flat-out creepy or just lame. I get that they're trying to reboot the franchise and bring a fresh breath of air by making 150 entirely new Pokémon, but it feels as if at some point they were running out of ideas and they were forced to go through with, for lack of a better word, "unrefined" designs with many of the Pokémon.

TL;DR many of the new Pokémon are ugly as hell:

I love Garbodor.

The only era I would a gree with you on the designs would be generation 3, after that, while there have been some flops, vanillux lmao, most of them are great. Drifloon is amazing.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
@ Chef: They use a variety of drawers for their pokemon, Golett, Golurk, Mandibuzz and Vullaby were drawn by a British guy for example and Ken Sugimori makes the lovely 'official' art of them (like that picture of Garbodor).
That explains so much...

Quote:
I love Garbodor.

The only era I would a gree with you on the designs would be generation 3, after that, while there have been some flops, vanillux lmao, most of them are great. Drifloon is amazing.
Dafuq is with people hating on Generation 3? It's the Generation that finally brought us a badass Grass type starter.

Last edited by Chef; 06-20-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
I love Garbodor.

Klinklangs model is also funny

@ Chef: I edited my post, it was a British guy....... Sorry + variety, even if it is 'ugly' or not is important
Old 06-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

I liked generation 3...
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
I liked generation 3...
Seconded.

To all Gen III haters, please tell me what was wrong with it.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 PM

Elune

ALL generations, because every one of them had flaws or good things equally.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Gen III was fine. Gen IV was shit with all it's new evolutions of old pokemon and V is just rehashes of I.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Gen IIi was my least favorite, but not because I thouht it was bad, I just like the others more.

Gen IV and V were/are good.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
I liked generation 3...
Yep, Sceptile is the best grass starter ever.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I like him but would love him without the Christmas tree stuck up his arse.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
I like him but would love him without the Christmas tree stuck up his arse.
Actually, I like the tail. It's those yellow balls on his back that creep me out.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM

Elune

Ok, ok... Generation IV is my favorite, but as I already said, I like all of them. (I also got almost all of them, 646 to be exact, right in my boxes)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Nonsense!

Turtwig
Old 06-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Nonsense!

Turtwig
If I want a turtle/tortoise I'll get Blastoise or Carracosta
Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Seconded.

To all Gen III haters, please tell me what was wrong with it.
A good bit of the pokemon in gen 3 seemed really boring to me. The Hoenn region didn't really have much charm to it, and its new addition to the system, abilities, were really underutilized, most didn't have sort of effect on battles. Again I didn't hate it, in fact I loved it, but not as much as the other ones.

Generation 4 had cool pokemon, great new evolutions to old pokes, such as Yanmega and Electivire, it made great updates to the abilities to make them have an actual impact on matches, and the change as to whether an attack was physical or Special completely changed the strategies of the metagame.

Generation 5 gave a great update to abilities, great region with great updates, great new pokemon, and updates on out of battle aspects, such as IV training, and the likes.

Tags
entertainment, japan, pokemon