Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Still.

Nameless wasn't banned. Ever.

I'll say the same thing from that time back when you wanted to bann Roblore forever:

Ignore tool exists. If you don't like someone, ignore him, and his posts won't exist for you.

It's pretty easy, and keeps with our theme of speech freedom, which seems to be slowly dying.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Well...he liked me, if that says anything.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Ignore tool exists. If you don't like someone, ignore him, and his posts won't exist for you.
Moderators can't nor should use the ignore feature. I mean i was gonna just make a thread "should we do the nameless treatment on this guy" but hey if its a 3 day ban its fine. It did wonders to Roblore. He's now a great member to this forum and it makes me happy to see him being a all new man tbh.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Still.

Nameless wasn't banned. Ever.

I'll say the same thing from that time back when you wanted to bann Roblore forever:

It's pretty easy, and keeps with our theme of speech freedom, which seems to be slowly dying.
Nameless wasn't banned because we had no mods at the time. Or else he would have been booted the second he started the alt topic. And the alt was banned anyway.

Also none of you have freedom, you're only allowed to think you have freedom ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Moderators can't nor should use the ignore feature. I mean i was gonna just make a thread "should we do the nameless treatment on this guy" but hey if its a 3 day ban its fine. It did wonders to Roblore. He's now a great member to this forum and it makes me happy to see him being a all new man tbh.
I've put up a poll to discuss this in the Modmin room.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post

I've put up a poll to discuss this in the Modmin room.
Thanks for informing. *thumbs up*
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

I think this forum is pretty relaxed when it comes to its use of the ban-hammer. I've been banned from other forums for much, much less, and in a much shorter time.

I don't think the dude needs a perma-ban unless he's a repeat offender. Doesn't matter to me if I don't ever agree with him, but calling someone's opinion "idiotic" doesn't constitute a mature, valid argument.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
Nameless wasn't banned because we had no mods at the time. Or else he would have been booted the second he started the alt topic. And the alt was banned anyway.
Which only makes me think we didn't need the current amount of mods.

Mods should follow rules for modding, and for that we need pretty specific rules.

That, or Warlock should have the final word on everything.

I just don't want SoL to lost its touch. We ain't losing anything right now, but it's only the beginning, and later we won't be able to go back if we start heading towards a direction.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:

Mods should follow rules for modding, and for that we need pretty specific rules.

I just don't want SoL to lost its touch. We ain't losing anything right now, but it's only the beginning, and later we won't be able to go back if we start heading towards a direction.
It's not like we really do that much other than kill spambots and look pretty.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Elune

I think, from previous experiences, that the best thing for a mod is a good text of rules, and that he should use his powers when rules say it, like it or not.

That helps at keeping opinion away, and offenders would have to blame the rules and not the mods.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
I think, from previous experiences, that the best thing for a mod is a good text of rules, and that he should use his powers when rules say it, like it or not.

That helps at keeping opinion away, and offenders would have to blame the rules and not the mods.
Of course, What's-his-name was blatantly bitching about the double post rule.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:

Being a forum mod is a pain, and having a group of them is not a bad thing. If the mods are discussing the matter in a private forum, we're fine. It keeps us from having a situation where one moderator has a personal axe to grind and doesn't have anyone else to keep him in check.

Plus having multiple moderators increases the amount of folks we have to catch spammers or deal with a really bad runaway troll situation.

Asking Warlock to do it all by himself is a bad idea.

Quote:
Of course, What's-his-name was blatantly bitching about the double post rule.
Hey! I bitched about it only because we don't have a good working multi-quote feature.

Wait... did you mean the other what's-his-name?

Last edited by Bolvar; 10-08-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Elune

Summarizing what I'm saying:

Each time a mod uses his power, he should add:

-Because of rule 1337 (or whatever number the rule has) you get assed.

That would leave things clear and avoid "that mod hates me" shit.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Elune

Each subforum has a copy of "Rules and Regs" thread. If people can't be bothered to read it it's their own damn fault.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Summarizing what I'm saying:

Each time a mod uses his power, he should add:

-Because of rule 1337 (or whatever number the rule has) you get assed.

That would leave things clear and avoid "that mod hates me" shit.
It shouldn't be about some list of rules, it should be about people being together in a civil manner. The rules don't need to be serviced because they can't be satisfied or angry.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.

Last edited by Kerrah; 10-08-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM

Elune

We have been attacked.

A single Chinese necromancer.

Bringing back to the active topics 10 good dead threads.

Is there still hope? D:

PS: Anyway, just another bot (more):

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...7&postcount=52

Last edited by Lon-ami; 10-14-2009 at 08:25 AM..
Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Elune

Lol, we have rules and regs? Since when?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Lol, we have rules and regs? Since when?
OMG

Not bigger because I can't.

Seriously, this just demands making the rules be easier to see or something. What if you mods added a link to this thread at your signatures?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
OMG

Not bigger because I can't.

Seriously, this just demands making the rules be easier to see or something. What if you mods added a link to this thread at your signatures?
Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internetz, does it?

But yeah, I think you guys caught the bot. Haven't seen anything from him in a bit.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 AM

Warden

It Is One Of Xie's Illegitimate Android Spawns!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus
Quick update for everyone, I edited in more detail on Rule 2 and added Rule 6 under the highly recommended section. R.6 is a suggestion, not a mandate, don't worry too much about keeping after it unless you're posting a lot of very large (pixel wise) images very quickly.
Edit: Added an NSFW scale for those who want to give people a heads up to what they're linking.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Elune

Hows the insult rule moving on? Can you just add the obvious "racism isnt tolerated" and stuff like that? I know we haven't had people going racist pricks lately but better be safe then sorry, right?
Old 10-17-2009, 05:30 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Hows the insult rule moving on? Can you just add the obvious "racism isnt tolerated" and stuff like that? I know we haven't had people going racist pricks lately but better be safe then sorry, right?
With no objections to what we've been discussing so far, it'll likely happen by the end of the evening Sunday. If there are...we'll get back to you on that.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:00 AM

Elune

We need new rules about complete derailments and spamming.

Examples for both of them:

Complete derailment:

We're speaking about A, and then someone pops up speaking about neither B or C, but of Z. Something which has remotelly nothing to do with anything in that thread; or even the forum -_-.

Linear progressions that makes the thread change the topic is one thing, and just popping up with nonsense is another. At least, the one derailing should try to give it a sense regarding the main topic, just to link both topics.

Spamming:

When someone just needs to answer to everything in the forum. Ok, no problem... unless your messages are all of them less of 10 letters, or just make no sense, or are stupid, or are just Mr. Obvious crap.

Short comments just to give the forum a good atmosphere are always welcome, but there's a point between some and too much.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:49 AM

Elune

I assume these are in response to Rolandius? His habits have been annoying pretty much everyone lately.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Again, we're working on it, but things like this take time. The very last thing we want to do around here is restrict conversation to the point it's no longer fun to discuss anything because the minute you stray into grey territory you're hit by an infraction/assing.

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police