Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Old 06-18-2017, 03:49 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
They released DLC for SCII- those Nova missions- to incredibly mild reaction. I doubt DLC for WCIII is on the horizon, no one I know played those nova games and I doubt they sold well.
Unless it's a game I'm in love with, I never buy DLC. I mean, I still haven't gotten the Witcher 3 DLC's, and that's one of the few that I plan on buying in the future. So yeah, Blizz needs to decide whether they're going to milk us dry with small time shit or actually put out big chunks of worthwhile content.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:24 PM

Banished

I don't care what it is as long as we get Justin Grothas and his quips.

I remember you, evil prince. You're the one who killed poor Muradin!

Get over it already.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
You don't? Why's that an issue?
How are you going to sell something that can be easily ripped off for custom maps? It's either:

* Remastered for free if you already own W3
* Remastered by paying, editor is further restricted, ruining the game a bit more

The SC1 scenario could work for D2, but is unlikely for W3.

You could argue the remastered models already exists (those added for SC2) but then again, they would need to remaster many doodads, as well as adapt the game for Battle.net 2.0 if the rumors are true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Especially the assertion that making SC/BW free while charging for SC:R is okay "because starcraft is dying" but making WC3/D2 free ahead of remasters wouldn't happen.
SC1 is famous for the competitive aspect, which got ruined when they pushed SC2. This move is logic, they're trying to recover their SC1 eSports and their brand recognition, though I'd argue it's too late for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Anyway: if a WC3 remaster comes bundled with an editor that can enable WC1/2/2x remakes, I will literally throw all of my money at it. Hell, my real desire is that Blizzard does those remakes themselves, and specifically BECAUSE Chronicles Vol. 2 already retconned the shit out of the First and Second Wars and I want that shit to be fucking PLAYABLE.
It's a remaster, not a brand new game. It's not W4. Also, the custom map community is pretty dead anyway, and there's plenty W1/W2 inspired campaigns already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
They released DLC for SCII- those Nova missions- to incredibly mild reaction. I doubt DLC for WCIII is on the horizon, no one I know played those nova games and I doubt they sold well.
I think the problem is more like no one caring about SC2 since long ago. The game went down the toilet definitely like 2~ years after the release of WoL. Few people returned for HotS, but then they left again. As for LotV, barely anyone remembers it even happened.

There's better and more popular competitive games out there, and kids don't play RTS games nowadays.

Their biggest mistake was taking so long to get out the expansions, or rather, the whole trilogy bullshit model. Annoying the custom map community even further wasn't any good either.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I'll believe when I see it, didn't they promise a remaster of their past games years ago and still haven't gotten around to that?

Plus a remastered WC3 is more exciting than D2, unless they do something to fix certain classes in D2 that were poorly designed like the Druid class.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I'll believe when I see it, didn't they promise a remaster of their past games years ago and still haven't gotten around to that?

Plus a remastered WC3 is more exciting than D2, unless they do something to fix certain classes in D2 that were poorly designed like the Druid class.
You know Starcraft:Remastered is coming out in like a few weeks, right?

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:48 AM

Elune

http://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-fi...s-its-own-ptr/

Whelp, could be nothing but... who knows.

Last edited by Gortrash; 08-12-2017 at 07:49 AM..

Tags
blizzard, remake