Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,883

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Titan was supposed to be an MMO. I sincerely think that the MMO market is dead or at least going to be very niche for the very near future.
I think MMO's are at the point where something revolutionary needs to come and shake things up. A few are close, I think, but their methods and such are making it non-viable.

I'll tell you what I think is going to do it.

A sci-fi MMO with flyable ships, cockpits and joystiq enabled flight, well thought out systems set in a Sandpark world (so linear and Player chosen progression), in a post VR world.

You can make space really stand out and awe inspiring, planets explorable. It would be a massive undertaking, but it would be something, currently, unique.
__________________
All hail the Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,949
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I think MMO's are at the point where something revolutionary needs to come and shake things up. A few are close, I think, but their methods and such are making it non-viable.

I'll tell you what I think is going to do it.

A sci-fi MMO with flyable ships, cockpits and joystiq enabled flight, well thought out systems set in a Sandpark world (so linear and Player chosen progression), in a post VR world.

You can make space really stand out and awe inspiring, planets explorable. It would be a massive undertaking, but it would be something, currently, unique.
You mean like No Man's Sky was/is supposed to be.

I think there's big issues with the industries as a whole and the customer bases. Someone could make a great game, but only a few will play it because others have invested so much time and money into a product already they are locked to it. Those that play MMOs are already invested in products that suck so much time, money and energy out of you. To some extent people don't want to feel like they have thrown away 5 years of their life to a game to get tied into another one. The term MMO itself is sort of dated at this point, so many games are massively online. I think games just being persistent worlds is becoming the norm. Subscription MMO's certainly feel like a thing of the past.
__________________
"If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit remember for what cause you clench your fists... remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit."

Last edited by Sonneillon; 04-14-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northrend
Posts: 12,423

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Assuming Blizzcon 2015 = Titanic.
  • Ship = The Titanic
  • Titanic = Belfast
  • Belfast = The North
  • The North =/= The South
  • The South = Southern Seas
  • And what sails Southern Seas? SHIPS.
Queen Azshara expansion = Confirmed!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,883

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
You mean like No Man's Sky was/is supposed to be.

I think there's big issues with the industries as a whole and the customer bases. Someone could make a great game, but only a few will play it because others have invested so much time and money into a product already they are locked to it. Those that play MMOs are already invested in products that suck so much time, money and energy out of you. To some extent people don't want to feel like they have thrown away 5 years of their life to a game to get tied into another one. The term MMO itself is sort of dated at this point, so many games are massively online. I think games just being persistent worlds is becoming the norm. Subscription MMO's certainly feel like a thing of the past.
I'm not sure..

I need more info on No Man's Sky, but its got some of the right ideas..
__________________
All hail the Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-15-2015, 05:08 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,234

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Assuming Blizzcon 2015 = Titanic.
  • Ship = The Titanic
  • Titanic = Belfast
  • Belfast = The North
  • The North =/= The South
  • The South = Southern Seas
  • And what sails Southern Seas? SHIPS.
Queen Azshara expansion = Confirmed!


gurl staph
__________________
"...when she smiled into the black hole, it smiled back..."
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Caith Caith is offline

Demon Hunter
Caith's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 434

Default

Yay got a ticket again for this year.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Warlock Warlock is offline

Keeper of Lore
Warlock's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,491
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default

I am still in the waiting room after getting kicked out like 5 times. Go Eventbrite - keep on sucking!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Caith Caith is offline

Demon Hunter
Caith's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 434

Default

I got kicked out said tickets were gone. I then refreshed tickets were still there, clicked on purchase and was sent to go pay for em.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Warlock Warlock is offline

Keeper of Lore
Warlock's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,491
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default

No ticket for me. *sigh*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Caith Caith is offline

Demon Hunter
Caith's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 434

Default

Well damn. Was anyone else trying or are we alone in this. I remember blizzcon threads being more popular, might just be my old age of 24.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,794

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
No ticket for me. *sigh*
That's okay bro. On the bright side, you won't be missing much.

Take the opportunity to do something else with the time and money you were planning to spend on Blizzcon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Warlock Warlock is offline

Keeper of Lore
Warlock's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,491
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default

YEESH! Tickets get! No thanks to POS Eventbrite that STILL kicked me out of the waiting room. Luckily I re-clicked the button and got the order page after a couple tries.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,382

Default

I suppose that we'll play spot-that-SoLer again this year. Omacron, cut your hair. You're too easy.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-18-2015, 02:19 PM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,394

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I suppose that we'll play spot-that-SoLer again this year. Omacron, cut your hair. You're too easy.
Next year.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Joeygiggles Joeygiggles is offline

Arch-Druid
Joeygiggles's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,099
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Default

Got mine again this year thanks to a friend. First year I didnt get in myself. Not a fan of the eventbrite, its purely trash.
Anyways 5th year in a row now. Always have a good time
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-22-2015, 01:15 AM
Warlock Warlock is offline

Keeper of Lore
Warlock's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,491
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default

Yeah, Eventbrite is garbage. I REALLY hope they see two failed years in a row and drop them. I get this is easier for Blizzard but Eventbrite obviously can't handle the traffic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Caith Caith is offline

Demon Hunter
Caith's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Yeah, Eventbrite is garbage. I REALLY hope they see two failed years in a row and drop them. I get this is easier for Blizzard but Eventbrite obviously can't handle the traffic.
I still think they will continue with Eventbrite. Put the hassle on them and the players so they can focus on other things for blizzcon.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,084

Default

At Blizzcon 2015 Blizzard will unveil their moon-based laser cannon, which they've built thanks to the billions of dollars (as in pure profit) they made off of WoW, and use it to hold Washington D.C. for ransom.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-19-2015, 11:40 AM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,084

Default

Virtual ticket up: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...virtual-ticket

Hearing rumblings of Wil Wheaton hosting, but I can't find a source.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Warlock Warlock is offline

Keeper of Lore
Warlock's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,491
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Virtual ticket up: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...virtual-ticket

Hearing rumblings of Wil Wheaton hosting, but I can't find a source.
He is at least hosting the costume contests and stuff. I saw it all over my twitter feed from Blizzard devs. I think found the original tweet but no idea where that is now

Edit:
__________________

Last edited by Warlock; 08-20-2015 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,949
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Wheaten bothers me, he's always contained a ridiculous amount of Backpfeifengesicht. Tabletop is super annoying, they fuck up rules every episode and it's presented in such an awkward way. He often comes off as a creeper.
__________________
"If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit remember for what cause you clench your fists... remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,794

Default

will weaton making blizzcon shittier. why am i not surprised?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is online now

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,861

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Virtual ticket up: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...virtual-ticket

Hearing rumblings of Wil Wheaton hosting, but I can't find a source.
Not that I was seriously considering paying for it, but this seals the deal.

I can't fucking stand that hypocritical toolbag.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,279
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default


Looks like this'll be the second Blizzcon I'll be escorted out after punching someone.



Sorry Crendor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,794

Default

There really should be a live boxing event at blizzcon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzcon, blizzcon 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.