Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Old 02-10-2016, 02:41 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
And then they get to outland and are confused. "Garrosh being here? Warchief Thrall?"
And then Northrend. "Wait, the Lich king is alive? Another war on northrend?"
And then back to cata "Whaaaaat? So I'm back?"
And then pandaria is ok.
And then WoD, which has 0 explanation for someone who doesn't keep up with the lore in other mediums, and is literally "Dark portal turns red and the iron horde is invading." New players would go there and just give up trying to put anything together.
I'm guessing that's why each expansion comes with a free boost now. New players will immediately go to whatever the current story is, hopefully by then they'll be able to figure out the confusion of older content's timeline.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:38 PM

Arch-Druid

People who care about the lore enough to potentially get confused would go look up Wowpedia and other sources to clear up the confusion. Most people wouldn't read quest texts closely (you don't even need to read it at all these days, because you just open the map and it has a blue spot telling you where exactly to go. Leveling is a joke now) and wouldn't care. If you're queuing for dungeons you don't even get to do many quests anyway, especially if you're a tank or a healer.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm guessing that's why each expansion comes with a free boost now. New players will immediately go to whatever the current story is, hopefully by then they'll be able to figure out the confusion of older content's timeline.
If they keep this up, which they will, I'll have no reason to ever level an alt again. I'm not sure that's in their best interest. but less time subbed to this shitty game and having to do a chore to justify paying, the better.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
If they keep this up, which they will, I'll have no reason to ever level an alt again. I'm not sure that's in their best interest. but less time subbed to this shitty game and having to do a chore to justify paying, the better.
Why would you even sub to a game you consider utterly shitty? I mean, why even care for a boost in a game you do not enjoy playing? Last I have checked, games should be as much as about the journey as about the goal, if not more.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:25 PM

Elune

Reviews are flowing in and it's a bloodbath. Almost universally being panned, at least so far. The consensus seems to be that it's a poorly made, poorly acted movie that spends way too much time setting up sequels instead of justifying it's own existence.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Reviews are flowing in and it's a bloodbath. Almost universally being panned, at least so far. The consensus seems to be that it's a poorly made, poorly acted movie that spends way too much time setting up sequels instead of justifying it's own existence.
Really? I'm hearing the opposite.

edit: Looks like it's mixed. Some like it, some dislike it. Variety seems somewhat biased against the movie

Last edited by Skullcrusha; 05-24-2016 at 05:30 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 05:52 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Of the reviews up on RT right now Sheri Linden is the only one whose opinion I give a shit about and she gave it a fresh. So far so good to me.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Seems to be liked by players and not so much by non players.

Last edited by Leviathon; 05-24-2016 at 09:58 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Certainly not.

http://mulderville.net/critiques/4435/warcraft#mulder

4,5/5

http://p3.no/filmpolitiet/2016/05/wa...the-beginning/

4/6 (aka 7/10).

http://www.moviejones.de/kritiken/wa...itik-4120.html

3,5/5

https://www.moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews

4/5

And the Hollywood Reporter review is not exactly negative either, it is a solid 3/5.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:34 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Is the community going to be doing any sort of meet-up and viewing for the movie?
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Well, I'm sure there's places giving it positive reviews, but for major publications it's generally a sour reaction. It's not a huge consensus yet as it hasn't aired in two of the biggest markets in the world yet, and embargos are still holding a lot of review sites down, but.. well, it's hard to not take this into consideration.

It's possible it's more of a crowd pleaser than a critic pleaser, and I'm gonna see it either way, but this has definitely given me a little pause.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
So pretty much what everybody expected.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:00 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
So pretty much what everybody expected.
Yes fam.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

People take rotten tomatoes seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
People take rotten tomatoes seriously?
If it suits them
Old 05-29-2016, 01:36 PM

Sentinel Queen

The movie was not that bad, it's just a mess for those who don't have a clue about the story, might be very difficult to understand...

About Lore... Well, it's an adaptation and I don't like some of the change but we'll see...

CGI are really good, except during a certain scene xD

SPOILERS ( what I didn't like ) :

1- The Fel energy is presented as the energy that corrupted medivh and turned it into a demon, no explication whatsoever...
2- Romance between Garona and Lothar is meh...
3- Llane Wrynn asking Garona to kill him because " we're in a battle and only one of us will survive, you, if you kill me orcs will recognize you as one of their own and will spare your life... "
4-Orcs are turned into fel orcs by gul'dan, no demons blood involved yet... and no mention about it, he just steal a soul convert it to fel and put it into other's body and bam, fel orcs.
5- Seeing Grommash, Kargath and ( maybe? ) Nerzhul present on azeroth as fan service bugged me off...
6- Llanne wrynn got nothing " Kingly "and seems like a random soldier with a crown : /

Quote:
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.

Last edited by engal; 05-29-2016 at 01:43 PM..
Old 05-29-2016, 01:58 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
The movie was not that bad, it's just a mess for those who don't have a clue about the story, might be very difficult to understand...

About Lore... Well, it's an adaptation and I don't like some of the change but we'll see...

CGI are really good, except during a certain scene xD

SPOILERS ( what I didn't like ) :

1- The Fel energy is presented as the energy that corrupted medivh and turned it into a demon, no explication whatsoever...
2- Romance between Garona and Lothar is meh...
3- Llane Wrynn asking Garona to kill him because " we're in a battle and only one of us will survive, you, if you kill me orcs will recognize you as one of their own and will spare your life... "
4-Orcs are turned into fel orcs by gul'dan, no demons blood involved yet... and no mention about it, he just steal a soul convert it to fel and put it into other's body and bam, fel orcs.
5- Seeing Grommash, Kargath and ( maybe? ) Nerzhul present on azeroth as fan service bugged me off...
6- Llanne wrynn got nothing " Kingly "and seems like a random soldier with a crown : /
Just addressing number 1 and 5 here.

I think the exact origin of who possessed Medivh is deliberately meant to not be revealed now. Garona mentions Gul'dan communicating with a demon after all, and Khadgar and Lothar refer to Medivh as being possessed by one. The reveal of who possessed Medivh and why will probably be revealed as the demons take a more active role.

No Ner'zhul in there as far I am aware. And there's absolutely no problem in featuring them on Azeroth. They're great nods to Warcraft fans.

"...For my holy wrath will know no bounds..."

Old 05-29-2016, 04:34 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnfeld View Post
Just addressing number 1 and 5 here.

I think the exact origin of who possessed Medivh is deliberately meant to not be revealed now. Garona mentions Gul'dan communicating with a demon after all, and Khadgar and Lothar refer to Medivh as being possessed by one. The reveal of who possessed Medivh and why will probably be revealed as the demons take a more active role.

No Ner'zhul in there as far I am aware. And there's absolutely no problem in featuring them on Azeroth. They're great nods to Warcraft fans.
You're absolutely right but

Implying that medivh was corrupted by fel to later say " In fact he was a demon all along" will just confuse non fan viewers and should have been clarified earlier, it'll raise a lot of " WTF??"
And The clans leaders quoted above arrived on azeroth AFTER the first incursion when the dark portal was properly opened.... There were not supposed to be there at first if my memories are correct.

Quote:
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.

Tags
warcraft, warcraft movie