Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Old 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Suggestions Please

Quick request for help y'all:
My wife and I often play WoW together (that's right, I converted my wife into gaming, you are justified in being jealous). Tomorrow is her Birthday, and I want to give her a digital Legion Upgrade (in addition to a ruby necklace) without her being aware of it. Now despite the fact that she has memorized my SSN, and can forge my signature(yeah, if this marriage falls through I'm screwed) I Have no clue what her password is to log in to her battle.net account.

Now I could try to get her to login and then have the kids distract her while I take care of it, but children are unreliable decoys. I could attempt to elicit the info out of her, but that presents an even greater risk of her figuring out what I'm doing.

What I'd like to do is call Blizzard and purchase the digital upgrade for her account without a password or other such info. That course presents the least risk of exposure. It seems like a reasonable proposal, since I don't think Blizzard really needs a password to take my money. Is it possible? I can't find a phone number.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 06-14-2016 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Change title
Old 06-16-2016, 12:43 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Quick request for help y'all:
My wife and I often play WoW together (that's right, I converted my wife into gaming, you are justified in being jealous). Tomorrow is her Birthday, and I want to give her a digital Legion Upgrade (in addition to a ruby necklace) without her being aware of it. Now despite the fact that she has memorized my SSN, and can forge my signature(yeah, if this marriage falls through I'm screwed) I Have no clue what her password is to log in to her battle.net account.

Now I could try to get her to login and then have the kids distract her while I take care of it, but children are unreliable decoys. I could attempt to elicit the info out of her, but that presents an even greater risk of her figuring out what I'm doing.

What I'd like to do is call Blizzard and purchase the digital upgrade for her account without a password or other such info. That course presents the least risk of exposure. It seems like a reasonable proposal, since I don't think Blizzard really needs a password to take my money. Is it possible? I can't find a phone number.
I have no clue how to navigate Blizzard's tech world. But maybe I can help you as a fellow family man.

"Honey, what's your battlenet password? My account is doing something weird and I want to see if yours is doing it too (and I totally have an answer for when you ask me followup questions about what mine is doing)."

"Hmm, it isn't doing it to yours. And mine is fixed now. Weird... maybe I imagined it."

--------------

"Dear? The people at Scrolls of Lore say they've heard some security rumors. We should change our battlenet passwords now."

---------------

"Sweetums, log in and then leave the room. It's for a surprise."

(This is good because there is no lying, and she'll be thinking the surprise is purely digital - the ruby necklace will be extra surprising!)
Old 06-16-2016, 02:05 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post

(This is good because there is no lying, and she'll be thinking the surprise is purely digital - the ruby necklace will be extra surprising!)
This is my suggestion. And maybe take off your clothes and put on like a banana hammock before giving her the pearl necklace.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:23 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I have no clue how to navigate Blizzard's tech world. But maybe I can help you as a fellow family man.

"Honey, what's your battlenet password? My account is doing something weird and I want to see if yours is doing it too (and I totally have an answer for when you ask me followup questions about what mine is doing)."

"Hmm, it isn't doing it to yours. And mine is fixed now. Weird... maybe I imagined it."

--------------

"Dear? The people at Scrolls of Lore say they've heard some security rumors. We should change our battlenet passwords now."

---------------

This is more or less what I ended up doing, except I found it quite a bit easier than expected: she allows battle.net and her computer to recognize each other, so I didn't even need her password. The next day we had a chat about security and she got an authenticator.

Thanks for the tips.

Tags
ask sol, better ask sol, don't ask sol, world of warcraft