Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Here's one more "leak":
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post47828065

Quote:
The reveal is close enough now that I can leak this without my friend getting in trouble, and this thread is unlikely to get much attention anyway. The only proof I have is the validation my thread will have when all the stuff I leak gets confirmed by the actual announcement in 10 hours. I understand if people will think I'm full of shit, but take it or leave it, determining how likely a leak is the fun part anyway.

The Setting:
The expansion packs begin with Sargeras creating a huge wound in Silithus as culmination of Antorus right before he gets impriosned, mentioning how we are blind to the real enemy, the old gods and the void.

C'thun gets empowered and awakened, and the first signs of N'zoth starts appearing. Silithus and sorounding areas (aka the south seas) gets a heavy infestations of minions of the old gods, faceless ones and stuff lie that. This is where the zones will be

The south sea zones are:

The scouting map remains in the game, you get to chose which order you want to do the zones in

Kul Tiras (Alliance hub, with Forsaken Areas) Also a leveling zone for both factions

Zandalar (Horde Hub, all though not all the trolls are happy about this arangement, some alliance presence as well) Also a leveling zone for both factions

Kezan, now as a fully fleshed out zone. Two Neutral factions, The Venture Company and Bloodsail Raiders (an off shoot of Bloodsail Buccaneers) While leveing you get introduced tho both factions, in the end you pick one, similar Sholazar Basin back in WotLK. There will be a free for all pvp areas as well.

Tel'Abim, the island that is the most infested with the old gods, you wouldn't want to eat the bananas from here anymore, pretty much an old god stronghold now.

Revamped corrupted Silthus, first raid tier takes place here. There's a huge wound from Sargeras. C'thun is the final boss of the first raid tier.

One underwater zone, heavy naga presence, Queen Azhara will be a part of this of course, she got some affiliation with the old gods.

Gilneas will be a PvP zone, similar to Ashran, all though hopefully better executed.

New Features

The main thing is subraces, as it has already been figured out through data mining. Every race gets 1 subrace, you dont choose it in the character creation screen, but get it through a long quest line at max level. So in order for Taurens to get their moose horn they have to earn the nature gods favour. Orcs find a method to cleanse themselves from demon corruption, and stuff like that.

It wouldn't really be subraces if everyone became it, so there will be an alternatives quest line, orcs can chose to embrace their demonic corruption, Taurens can become champions of Thunder bluff instead of the nature gods and so on. Your choice will only make a cosmetic difference, and change some NPC interactions and such. I been told there's some pretty cool cosmetic bling for those who chose to stay as their original race.

Mythic+ gets expanded upon. You get some in-game recognition for having the best weekly run on your realm on any of the dungeons. The group that had the realms best time in the dungeon located in Kezan will have a monument in that zone for the entire next week. for example. In this case it's a statue of your in-game character.

No new boat shenanigans you don't get to have your own custom boat or anything like that as some have speculated, sorry to disappoint.

Another profession overhaul, rank 3 recipes will be acquired through solo quests now intended to be fairly challenging, think Mage Tower, but with a lower gear requirement. A lot of flavor recipes will be very very rare. Fishing gets a lot of love this expansion.

This is all I know, I personally think it's fairly promising. Hope to see you guys come back to my thread after the expansion is announced
I hope it isn't real.
That looks pretty legit, specially the subrace part. Looks like a very good way to implement the idea.

Looks pretty disappointing nonetheless anyway.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-03-2017, 06:53 AM

Elune

Hey there everyone, been busy for a while, but decided to lurk around for the announcement and subsequent speculations.

I've missed SoL
Old 11-03-2017, 07:12 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

worldofwarcraft.com/tidesofvengeance

vs

worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth

one redirects to a url with "-" and one without.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-03-2017, 07:26 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Here's one more "leak":
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post47828065

I hope it isn't real.
Christ I hope it's not real but I fucking bet it is.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:33 AM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Tbh, the Burning Legion is going out with a whimper. Argus should have been its own expansion with Legion as the lead-in expansion.
Just passing by to show my full support for this. Even if two expacs designed around the Legion were too much for some players (I can understand the concern about repetitiveness), the fact is the Legion in general and Sargeras in particular were hyped as THE villains from Reign of Chaos onwards. To see Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, another Titan and the Legion itself be defeated in the span of a single expansion is underwhelming.

About becoming a subrace... Yeah, it kinda sucks. I mean, it could work for some, like Draenei being infused with (even more) Naaru power and becoming Lightforged, but... Getting moose horns from nature spirits? Eh.

And this wouldn't work so well for some races. I mean, assuming Blood Elves get Nightborne, how would that happen? They would somehow "devolve" in Night Elves and then "evolve" again in Nightborne, effectively "changing branches" in the "evolution tree"? Sounds stupid. Same for Void Elves, if they are really High Elves who get Void Powers from Alleria and are the Night Elf subrace.

Unless... Nightborne are for Night Elves and Void Elves for Blood Elves, and Alleria sides with Quel'thalas, even if that means sideing with the Horde...

I really want this leak to be wrong.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Honestly I hope Battle for Azeroth isn't the real title, it's super generic.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
worldofwarcraft.com/tidesofvengeance

vs

worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth

one redirects to a url with "-" and one without.
Okay, that makes "Battle for Azeroth" 99% legit.

The first one has nothing special, you can type whatever you want and it gets redirected as well. Getting redirected to a reworded url means there's something going on.

If the W4 rumors are true, "Battle for Azeroth" is a really fitting name.

I'm sad it's for a WoW expansion though, it fits RTS far more. In fact, I used that name back in the W3 days for my "masterpiece" map, which I could never finish because it was far too big lol. Those were the times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Just passing by to show my full support for this. Even if two expacs designed around the Legion were too much for some players (I can understand the concern about repetitiveness), the fact is the Legion in general and Sargeras in particular were hyped as THE villains from Reign of Chaos onwards. To see Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, another Titan and the Legion itself be defeated in the span of a single expansion is underwhelming.

About becoming a subrace... Yeah, it kinda sucks. I mean, it could work for some, like Draenei being infused with (even more) Naaru power and becoming Lightforged, but... Getting moose horns from nature spirits? Eh.

And this wouldn't work so well for some races. I mean, assuming Blood Elves get Nightborne, how would that happen? They would somehow "devolve" in Night Elves and then "evolve" again in Nightborne, effectively "changing branches" in the "evolution tree"? Sounds stupid. Same for Void Elves, if they are really High Elves who get Void Powers from Alleria and are the Night Elf subrace.

Unless... Nightborne are for Night Elves and Void Elves for Blood Elves, and Alleria sides with Quel'thalas, even if that means sideing with the Horde...

I really want this leak to be wrong.
I guess some subraces could allow faction swap. It isn't that unlikely, factions are a thing from the distant past anyway.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 11-03-2017 at 07:54 AM..
Old 11-03-2017, 08:03 AM

Eternal

Come to think of it, maybe Nathanos' model change means Forsaken gets boring Human base models with Undead textures? I mean, if Alliance gets High Elf Void Elves with Blood Elf skeletons while Horde gets Nightborne with Night Elf skeletons, a base model swap for Humans and Forsaken may be possible?

The SoL Bunch:

Warcraft 3 Resource Discussion: (The Hive Workshop, Warcraft 3 Campaigns)
MOBA Overload!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:07 AM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Honestly I hope Battle for Azeroth isn't the real title, it's super generic.
Yeah, but I realized it can be read to mean both "Battle(between Horde and Alliance) for (the planet) Azeroth" and "Battle (between the heroes and the Old Gods) for (the world soul of) Azeroth". Maybe they liked that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Come to think of it, maybe Nathanos' model change means Forsaken gets boring Human base models with Undead textures? I mean, if Alliance gets High Elf Void Elves with Blood Elf skeletons while Horde gets Nightborne with Night Elf skeletons, a base model swap for Humans and Forsaken may be possible?
Going on this tangent, and also assuming that subraces could allow for faction change, and the Desolate Council... Lordaeron-loyalist Alliance Forsaken as a subrace for human?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:11 AM

Eternal

I'm not sure I buy those new leaks, the subrace parts at least. I mean, back when Wrath was revealed there was discussion about a lengthy quest chain to unlock Death Knight, and they ultimately scrapped that so players could just enjoy the new class. Time has passed and all, but I can't imagine them finally implementing new customization features and locking them behind something like that.

Besides some of them aren't very likely to make sense. How does a Forsaken go from undead human to undead elf? How does a Blood Elf go to Nightborne?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

While I'm 90% sure BFA is legitimate at this point, I wonder, have we confirmed its a real trademark and not another "Eye of Azshara" or "Council of Glades"?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
While I'm 90% sure BFA is legitimate at this point, I wonder, have we confirmed its a real trademark and not another "Eye of Azshara" or "Council of Glades"?
No confirmation, and afaik it takes a while for them to be denied if they're bogus.

Trademarks are no good indication, imo.

The redirects may indicate something, but could also be for other WoW-related properties (mobile games).
Old 11-03-2017, 08:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
It was in new zealand instead of us, and they require more complex stuff for trademarks compared to us trademarks.

but that is just what was said on mmo-c
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-03-2017, 09:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Besides some of them aren't very likely to make sense. How does a Forsaken go from undead human to undead elf? How does a Blood Elf go to Nightborne?
You die and posses a new body. Can work for pretty much anything.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Like miffy said, that it redirects probably means it's a real trademark but that doesn't mean it's the expansion title. I would really rather think Blizzard came up with something better sounding.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Or it's the Hearthstone expansion. I still feel like not a single leak will be true.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:32 AM

Elune

Old 11-03-2017, 10:33 AM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Or it's the Hearthstone expansion.
I don't really think so. "Battle for Azeroth" seems like an odd choice for what is looking to be an expansion heavy on pirate/naval themes.

Avatar by Baldi Konijn. Previous avatars: 1, 2
Old 11-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Demon Hunter

Could the desolate council be the seed by which Alliance get a forsaken subrace?
Old 11-03-2017, 10:53 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Hey there everyone, been busy for a while, but decided to lurk around for the announcement and subsequent speculations.

I've missed SoL
True that. I have also missed being here. Real life sucks.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Most are on Discord I'd imagine

https://discord.gg/esF5GHp
Old 11-03-2017, 11:04 AM

Arch-Druid

The WoW stage is decorated like Lordaeron's throne room.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:14 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion