Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-12-2018, 07:01 AM

Eternal

Jaina is as strong as the plot demands her to be. Sometimes apparently strong enough to solo the Horde infiltration team (Nathanos, Rokhan, Thalyssra, Zul and Talanji), and sometimes weak enough to be exiled and imprisoned by regular humans.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Jaina is as strong as the plot demands her to be. Sometimes apparently strong enough to solo the Horde infiltration team (Nathanos, Rokhan, Thalyssra, Zul and Talanji), and sometimes weak enough to be exiled and imprisoned by regular humans.
It's the same as a superhero going along with an arrest by ordinary policemen when they are accused of something: they go along with it because they know SPLATTing cops on walls isn't going to help their situation. I would assume prisons for magical beings have anti-magic stuff; i'm sure Dalaran hands that out to every trusted jail on Azeroth. Getting a mage INSIDE such a cell is the hard part, and if the mage in question is biding his or her time by doing as they're told, that hard part becomes easy. Jaina wants the Kul'Tirans to listen to her. She's not going to achieve that by killing them left and right.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
So the Gorgrond map all but confirms AU orcs as an Allied Race, right? If that's the case, one's gotta wonder - why not go with some of the cooler and easier to pull options like Dragonmaw or MU mag'har instead of more time-travel shenanigans? Seriously, no one asked for this!
I don't mind AU Orcs. I like them more than the MU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
How does one even exile someone as powerful as Jaina to a specific zone and make it stick?
Assume she'll respect it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Noitora; 02-12-2018 at 07:47 AM..
Old 02-12-2018, 08:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Jaina's mission is to be diplomatic to Kul Tiras so they rejoin the Alliance. Fighting their soldiers isn't going to help that. Plus, it's presumably her mom doing it and I doubt she'd want to fight her especially after the Daelin incident.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:23 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
He's in Katherine's army and he's loyal to Jaina, seems straightforward.
You missed the point.

If being a loyalist means defying Katherine in favour of Jaina, it means that Jaina, and not her mother, is meant to be the ruler of house Proudmoore.

(Of course, this is only the case if Katherine is the person referred to as Queen. And why Queen, in any case?)
Old 02-12-2018, 11:29 AM

Banished

Quote:
How does one even exile someone as powerful as Jaina to a specific zone and make it stick?
simple, by being her mother
Old 02-12-2018, 11:44 AM

Loremaster

It's not surprising that she'd adhere to being kicked out of Kul Tiras proper. That's fine; it's natural to figure she wouldn't try to force her way back in against her mother's wishes. What confuses me is why the quest text is phrasing it like like she's trapped in Drustvar and we need to rescue her from the place.

And why are people assuming she'd have to slaughter a bunch of soldiers? Teleporting herself out of bad situations is outright one of her "things."

Like at the Broken Shore, where she just randomly disappeared right before everything went wrong. Or how she keeps teleporting away in a huff whenever the story needs an emotional infant throwing a tantrum to make everyone else in the room seem like reasonable adults by comparison.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:04 PM

Elune

Jaina is nowhere to be seen in the Drustvar storyline, though (thus far).

And 'Queen' might be an oversight on the quest-designer's part

Last edited by Jungleluke; 02-12-2018 at 12:14 PM..
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM

Chimaera

Shu-zen is available on the Blizzard Store now.
https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...ivine-sentinel

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 02-12-2018, 12:39 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Very Good Point
See my summary. Still, though. They don't seem to be too happy about Jaina there, i assume they had forewarning. (She's arriving via ship, isn't she?) And probably planned for that. I wouldn't be too surprised if they have some kind of anti magic shell to trap her in, which would give the player character a good excuse to potentially slay some quest NPCs. That's more an attempt to justify my point, though; i simply forgot she can teleport. (To be fair, i assume Blizzard's writers will forget about that too.)
Old 02-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
See my summary. Still, though. They don't seem to be too happy about Jaina there, i assume they had forewarning. (She's arriving via ship, isn't she?) And probably planned for that. I wouldn't be too surprised if they have some kind of anti magic shell to trap her in, which would give the player character a good excuse to potentially slay some quest NPCs. That's more an attempt to justify my point, though; i simply forgot she can teleport. (To be fair, i assume Blizzard's writers will forget about that too.)
I just have to wonder if they're pulling some sort of mind control thing with Katherine. It's one thing to refuse aid because she's mad at Jaina; that much is understandable. But to actually arrest and exile/imprison someone of Jaina's rank and position who's there in the capacity of an Alliance ambassador isn't just a refusal to help. It's tantamount to declaring your nation an enemy of the Alliance.

It's why diplomats have immunity. Throwing them in jail is practically a declaration of war on the people who sent them, because it means you anticipate the same treatment for your own ambassadors in return.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I just have to wonder if they're pulling some sort of mind control thing with Katherine. It's one thing to refuse aid because she's mad at Jaina; that much is understandable. But to actually arrest and exile/imprison someone of Jaina's rank and position who's there in the capacity of an Alliance ambassador isn't just a refusal to help. It's tantamount to declaring your nation an enemy of the Alliance.

It's why diplomats have immunity. Throwing them in jail is practically a declaration of war on the people who sent them, because it means you anticipate the same treatment for your own ambassadors in return.
It's possible that, given her role in Daelin's death, she's considered a wanted criminal in Kul Tiras, and that might override her status as an ambassador?
Old 02-12-2018, 01:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Is there a precedent in WOW ?
IRL it's a good way to get an army sent to civilize you.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Maybe they figure that they have some leeway here because the Alliance wants something from them. They could be thinking about a deal like "We'll join your shitty little war if we get to hang Jaina".
Old 02-12-2018, 03:23 PM

Banished

Quote:

i guess you could say she's a tirasian before being a diplomat, which gives Kat right to do it. This topic is stupid, find something else arm
Old 02-12-2018, 05:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I unsubbed yesterday, should have done that much much earlier (like last month, but well allied races) Given i dont have that much to do until bfa, (mostly just lvl alts to 110, but even with the faster ways that 7.3.5 made easier (and faster) it is still such a pain, mostly 1-80

I mean 1-60 is painful enough, even when you skip to 20.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 02-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

But anyway, are we supposed to believe the Alliance didn't have any contact with Kul'Tiras since Warcraft III? And it seems the Horde is having an easier time allying with the Zandalari (villains in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria) and the Iron Horde (villains in Warlords of Draenor) than the Alliance meeting one of their own members. Isn't that ridiculous?
Old 02-12-2018, 08:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
But anyway, are we supposed to believe the Alliance didn't have any contact with Kul'Tiras since Warcraft III? And it seems the Horde is having an easier time allying with the Zandalari (villains in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria) and the Iron Horde (villains in Warlords of Draenor) than the Alliance meeting one of their own members. Isn't that ridiculous?
There has been contact, there's no reason to believe otherwise. They just didn't want anything to do with the Alliance, but presumably there's still been normal trade. The Alliance invited them to the Darnassus Summit at the start of the Cataclysm but they declined.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
No political contact at least. With the combination of Daelin's death, the island being pushed out to sea by the Cataclysm, and the "twist" that the sea priests are evil old god cultists, I'm sure they just wanted to be left alone for a while.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:48 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
In this expansion: two neutral parties and at least two mortal enemies join the Horde without a hitch. Meanwhile the Alliance has trouble getting it's own member state back.
Two mortal enemies?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Two mortal enemies?
Zandalari and Orclord Orcs.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:58 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
There has been contact, there's no reason to believe otherwise. They just didn't want anything to do with the Alliance, but presumably there's still been normal trade. The Alliance invited them to the Darnassus Summit at the start of the Cataclysm but they declined.
No contact, according to the boy king. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Nation_of_Kul_Tiras

And them being invited to the Darnassus meeting is also incorrect. Kul Tiras is not even mentioned in the book.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:17 AM

Warden

So... In a world where everyone can get around by magic, boat, zeppelin or gunship, they're going to blame Kul Tiras disappearance on... what? The Cataclysm movement of the island?

At least they could say something like "We didn't want to be in an Alliance with the traitor (Jaina) that allied with orcs to kill our lord"/king/whatever Daelin was.
Just add a little text or short story on how there was a meeting in which Kul Tiras officially left the Alliance back then.

It makes no sense for the Alliance to have so much trouble reallying with an already member state of their organization and the Horde just getting alliances out of nowhere with anyone who tried to kill them just yesterday.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:41 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
So... In a world where everyone can get around by magic, boat, zeppelin or gunship, they're going to blame Kul Tiras disappearance on... what? The Cataclysm movement of the island?
Daelin's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
It makes no sense for the Alliance to have so much trouble reallying with an already member state of their organization and the Horde just getting alliances out of nowhere with anyone who tried to kill them just yesterday.
Also wrong. Read the Zandalari lines that regard the Horde before spewing nonsense all over.

Last edited by Krainz; 02-13-2018 at 06:47 AM..
Old 02-13-2018, 08:56 AM

Elune

So is there any logical and reasonable explanation as to why 2 powerful individuals like Zul and the Zandalari princess are suddenly randomly in a Stormwind prison or are we supposed to just turn our brains off and go along with the heavy-handed ham-fisted way to get the Zandalari to join the Horde?

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft