Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Default Rise of the Legion (Fan expansion)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ur-predictions!

The first post has some very nifty ideas about a next expansion. I personally think ogres should be a playable race. The arakkoa fit nicely but hopefully they can be a paladin.

The illustrations of the arakkoa depict player-ready models that are more of a humanoid-shape than the previous arakkoa.
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

People and their weird fascination with random Outland races.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Races? As in plural? Since when are ogres a random race?
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
Races? As in plural? Since when are ogres a random race?
I was referring to arrakoa and the often mentioned ethereal's.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I was referring to arrakoa and the often mentioned ethereal's.
Oh please, the ethereals are a very good contestant for a neutral race.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Is it really so surprising? Outland contains some really visually distinctive intelligent humanoids who could certainly be justified in joining the playable factions (and in the case of the ogres, already have joined in a non-playable capacity).
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM

Elune

Well I fully expect ogres on Horde eventually but I just don't see any other Outland race joining either faction without a lot of forcing the story so we get another worgen.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well I fully expect ogres on Horde eventually but I just don't see any other Outland race joining either faction.
So you're saying that this guy isn't worthy enough to join a faction?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 PM

Elune

Errr I guess? It has nothing to do with worth and everything to do with a hamfisted story to put them on one. Kinda like the worgen. They're awesome but they were forced into the Alliance and now Blizzard has no idea how to use them.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Errr I guess? It has nothing to do with worth and everything to do with a hamfisted story to put them on one. Kinda like the worgen. They're awesome but they were forced into the Alliance and now Blizzard has no idea how to use them.
When people think of worgen, they think "fierce", but worgen really aren't that fierce. Sure, there are a few worgen that can somehow claw things to death, but it's not like the PC can do that. Arakkoa are fierce in their magic powers, bestiality, etc. and don't have a human form to make them any less savage. They can shred your dwarf warrior apart and then peck out his eyes with their talons. Arakkoa are the straight-up hardcore Alliance race.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:57 PM

Elune

And need to be hamfisted in since every single Arrakoa is evil. So now you have to make up some lore about nice arrakoa and, in the case of this guys idea, arrakoa that look completely different.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I think playable Ethereal would be relatively easy to implement in a Legion-centric expansion without feeling forced, though I'm not terribly interested in them.

Arakkoa, on the other hand, would only really feel nature in an expansion focused on Outland itself and would feel forced in a Legion expansion, even though I'd be quite interested in seeing them playable.

Still, I think Drakonid would be the best choice for a new playable race and given the wide variety of the Dragonflights' charges they could fit in a number of different expansion scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-11-2013, 11:01 PM

The Digger

Quote:
And need to be hamfisted in since every single Arrakoa is evil. So now you have to make up some lore about nice arrakoa and, in the case of this guys idea, arrakoa that look completely different.
It's worth mentioning that there are already a number (a very small number) of friendly arrakoa in Shattrath and Terrokar. Probably not enough to sustain a playable race on their own, but... well, since when are population numbers a "thing" in WoW?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 PM

Eternal

The Ethereals, if added, and Jesus Christmas do I want them to be added, I can see them actually being very well used as NPCs across multiple expansions, like the Goblins are now (especially if the Ethereals are added to the Horde, although they'd make the most sense as a neutral race).

And with the Worgen, it's not like it's that hard to make them relevant, they were just added into the wrong faction. With Blizzard's erection for Stormwind, none of the races really get a chance, Worgen especially, since they clash with the stupid notion of Alliance = Good wholesome family guys. If they were added into the Horde, we would probably see more of them.

And seriously, "The protectorate" sounds like a fucking badass racial faction.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Hey now, when we finally have to deal with Azshara, would you rather have to swim all the way to her empire or stroll in through Alliance- and Horde-commissioned underwater Eco-domes?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 AM

Elune

I doubt Azshara will be underwater for several reasons. Well one big reason really.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:45 AM

Elune

Playable arakkoa give now please
Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Someone really put a lot of thought into this.

Yeah, I really understand where Leviathon is coming from, although for some reason I think Arakkoa wouldn't be as terrible since there did exist some good Arakkoa during BC.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I doubt Azshara will be underwater for several reasons. Well one big reason really.
Why must everyone hate Vashj'ir? I admit the zone dragged on a little too long; but gameplay wise I thought it was great. You really felt like you were stranded deep beneath the sea. And of course "the bad guy wins" is something we need to see more of in WoW too less we lose all respect for the bad guys.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:56 AM

Elune

My dislike of Vashj'ir comes from the quests being incredibly boring and tedious up until the very end. Story was fine (kind of the opposite of Uldum in that regard, which had fun quests but lame story). Nothing to do with the water for me, though I have seen that as an issue from other people.

Azshara raising a continent would honestly be a pretty horrible decision for her to make given the naga are underwater creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Someone really put a lot of thought into this.

Yeah, I really understand where Leviathon is coming from, although for some reason I think Arakkoa wouldn't be as terrible since there did exist some good Arakkoa during BC.
Well to be fair there were plenty of non-hostile ethereals too.

I would absolutely want arakkoa before them (gee I don't think I've made my stance clear enough yet ) but it's not like etherals are a complete enemy faction either.

Last edited by Reignac; 07-12-2013 at 01:00 AM..
Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
My dislike of Vashj'ir comes from the quests being incredibly boring and tedious up until the very end. Story was fine (kind of the opposite of Uldum in that regard, which had fun quests but lame story). Nothing to do with the water for me, though I have seen that as an issue from other people.

Azshara raising a continent would honestly be a pretty horrible decision for her to make given the naga are underwater creatures.

I would absolutely want arakkoa before them (gee I don't think I've made my stance clear enough yet ) but it's not like etherals are a complete enemy faction either.
I think the difference is there's a whole reputation faction of etherals, and another faction that's friendly but considered part of the first faction in game. arrakoa just have a small enclave of light-worshippers at Shattrath.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM

Elune

Oh ethereals would absolutely be more likely, it's just not what I personally would prefer.

They're still cool though.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post

I'd think Arakkoa would be pretty cool too. I even thought of how cool it would be if they had more diverse aesthetics based off multiple birds of prey, and other types of birds. (I'm very fond of them looking like birds such as eagles, hawks, vultures, ravens, and owls.)
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Why must everyone hate Vashj'ir? I admit the zone dragged on a little too long; but gameplay wise I thought it was great. You really felt like you were stranded deep beneath the sea. And of course "the bad guy wins" is something we need to see more of in WoW too less we lose all respect for the bad guys.
I liked it but the overall player feedback was negative. I still believe she was likely the next expansion instead of Pandaria originally but due to that they canned the idea. So I fully expect that if we deal with the Naga it'll be something like her using the trident to raise some landmass such as Ny'alotha or something. Though a part of me thinks that whatever the next expansion is will correlate with the 10 year anniversary of TFT(/ROC's was 2012).

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-12-2013 at 01:22 AM..
Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 AM

Eternal

Arakkoa have the most god-awful voices in any game ever. The scars I obtained from farming my Sha'tari Skyguard rep have also yet to heal, and so maybe I'm just bitter about the whole race right now. Ogres need to be a race soon, and Furbolgs should be a race strictly because why haven't they yet?

The problem with Ashara raising a landmass basically comes with the fact she doesn't have too. I understand completely why they would do that on a gameplay/stupidwowplayerscomplaining level, but it would seem from a story perspective that the naga wouldn't bother raising a landmass because they actually work better underwater anyway.
Except I know if they do something like that, that landmass is gonna be raised.

Last edited by Mshadowz; 07-12-2013 at 01:25 AM..

Tags
next expanshon, playable arakkoa when